Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Driving along frozen Siberian rivers

4 posts in this topic

Still Waters

Would you risk it? 

Driving for long distances over frozen rivers, the ice between 80 centimetres and two metres thick?

These roads are crucial to supplying remote villages and towns in some of the remotest Siberian regions. 

Our amazing video shows oil tanker driver Vladimir Kirillin speeding across the ice with a 20 ton load on his journey to supplying outlying areas.

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/features/the-worlds-most-amazing-highways-along-frozen-siberian-rivers/

• Like 5

Jon the frog

Well i love ice fishing and i go to some fishing spot with my car.... they build large fishing village with house and parking lot. We look at the icebreaker when it pass by, impressing when at night with all the light on! It's like a space ship making cracking noise.

• Like 7

Still Waters

Related:

Two huge URAL trucks - one loaded with oil - crashed through ice on Lena River ‘winter road’

Drivers and passengers escaped their sinking lorries but oil is leaking into the world’s 11th longest river, prompting a local state of emergency.

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/two-huge-ural-trucks-one-loaded-with-oil-crashed-through-ice-on-lena-river-winter-road/

• Like 4

Jon the frog

Yep **** happens... some car passed trough the ice each year in ice fishing village too. But it's fun !

ice-shack-in-la-baie.jpg

• Like 4