Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another day, Another Dream

AcidWizard

So, in this dream I was with a guy, portly and fumbling. Not too different than myself, although our confidence levels were far from each other. I was sort of leading him or trying to get him to "hurry up and follow me" outside of what I am guessing was an apartment or building. He seemed nervous, not focused on any specific thing, but not paying to attention to anything around him either. Every direction I spoke was met with "Yeah, ok, one second- I just gotta, almost found it-" As if he was searching for something. Then I was lead down to a cellar/basement type thing, the reason I know this, is that there were windows nearby overlooking the street eye level. So if we were going down it had to be a cellar or basement. So as we get ready to leave, after going down into the basement. Some amount of time must've passed. The cellar was cluttered, junk, furniture, old electronics. But it also had a bug problem, a spider problem. There were these spiders everywhere and I remember saying to the guy "We got to call an exterminator for all these spiders, how do you even function down here let alone move" he responded to me "Yeah, but there isn't much I can really do" and shrugged off the spiders I think look down and see a spider on my ankle, I hit it with what appeared to be a broom, and it scurried up my pant-leg. In a panic, I awoke from the state, I was sleeping pretty hard because when I awoke my mouth was open and dry and my arms both were numb, also had a bad case of dry mouth. But, I remembered it so vividly at the moment, I looked up the key notes:

Spiders = Femininity/Strong Female Presence in life.
Cellar/Basement = Subconscious/Conscious Mind trying to sort through issues I may have.

I think I've pretty much figured out what some of the stuff means if not most of it. 

My problem is that, this dream and others I've had like it. All keep telling me the same thing. I need to change and deal with subconscious issues and resolve them.

But my question is to the community, How do "I go about solving" them if I don't understand what I am supposed to be looking for, or what issues I have. 

I lead a pretty unproductive life, but my bills get taken care of, I am married, I have a family that loves me, I have friends, I am productive (or at least I think I am) in those relationships.

I have everything I could possibly want in my life right now, but my subconscious is telling me other wise. So what gives? I don't want a generic answer like "You should see a therapist" or "you should talk to someone about your issues" because honestly, I don't understand what issues I have, I don't understand what I could say or feel to appeal to my psyche. 

Any answers would be appreciated, thank you for your time. 

• Like 1

AcidWizard

Welcome aboard.

You might want to check out "Shadow work" (searchable). See what you think.

On 12/28/2017 at 3:34 PM, AcidWizard said:

So, in this dream I was with a guy, portly and fumbling. Not too different than myself, although our confidence levels were far from each other. I was sort of leading him or trying to get him to "hurry up and follow me" outside of what I am guessing was an apartment or building. He seemed nervous, not focused on any specific thing, but not paying to attention to anything around him either. Every direction I spoke was met with "Yeah, ok, one second- I just gotta, almost found it-" As if he was searching for something. Then I was lead down to a cellar/basement type thing, the reason I know this, is that there were windows nearby overlooking the street eye level. So if we were going down it had to be a cellar or basement. So as we get ready to leave, after going down into the basement. Some amount of time must've passed. The cellar was cluttered, junk, furniture, old electronics. But it also had a bug problem, a spider problem. There were these spiders everywhere and I remember saying to the guy "We got to call an exterminator for all these spiders, how do you even function down here let alone move" he responded to me "Yeah, but there isn't much I can really do" and shrugged off the spiders I think look down and see a spider on my ankle, I hit it with what appeared to be a broom, and it scurried up my pant-leg. In a panic, I awoke from the state, I was sleeping pretty hard because when I awoke my mouth was open and dry and my arms both were numb, also had a bad case of dry mouth. But, I remembered it so vividly at the moment, I looked up the key notes:

Cellar/Basement = Subconscious/Conscious Mind trying to sort through issues I may have.

I think I've pretty much figured out what some of the stuff means if not most of it. 

My problem is that, this dream and others I've had like it. All keep telling me the same thing. I need to change and deal with subconscious issues and resolve them.

But my question is to the community, How do "I go about solving" them if I don't understand what I am supposed to be looking for, or what issues I have. 

I lead a pretty unproductive life, but my bills get taken care of, I am married, I have a family that loves me, I have friends, I am productive (or at least I think I am) in those relationships.

I have everything I could possibly want in my life right now, but my subconscious is telling me other wise. So what gives? I don't want a generic answer like "You should see a therapist" or "you should talk to someone about your issues" because honestly, I don't understand what issues I have, I don't understand what I could say or feel to appeal to my psyche. 

The first part of the dream...the guy "like you" is most likely another part of you that is fumbling around looking for answers. You verify this at the end of the dream itself with your own thoughts. I agree that the basement is your subconscious, and sounds like there is a lot of unused and unneeded stuff down there. The spiders are the things that are actually "bugging" you (and that other part of you) and you know they need "extermination" or removal professionally, so that idea is not so far off that you might want to think about that. You awoke when the spider came after you...that tells me that whatever is spurring on this dream state is about to rise up or surface and the very action of presenting it here says you are ready to do that. For me...I would incubate the dream...that is...concentrate on it before sleep and ask you inner self to take you back to the dream and give you more direct information. It would be your conscious mind giving instructions to the subconscious mind, or that you are...paying attention. Your dream was close to nightmarish...and I see nightmares as messages from the inner self to the outer self to pay attention!

On 29/12/2017 at 7:04 AM, AcidWizard said:

Very insightful Most people don't get that far with working through dream interpretation and symbology

The main point is that these are YOUR subconscious images, symbols and interpretations so it will be up to you to figure them out   

My 2 cents worth 

The other guy is a different part of yourself  or a difernt aspect of yourself  Not sure if you view him positively or negatively but he is there for a reason. One part of your mind is a bit worried about another part  of it.  Sounds as if he is struggling to find energy direction and to take the effort to resolve problems.   He feels powerless and tha t life is a bit pointless (it is thus not surprising that in your post you explain that you feel a bit like this yourself The spider may not be a negative symbol but a positive one, urging you to take action   

Spiders are PROBABLY symbolic of a fear or threat but not necessarily anything physical  but they can also be a motivation symbol for change (in extreme cases like spider man) :) 

The dreams my not be aimed at serious issues but quite minor things troubling your subconscious and this is why you are having trouble identifying the issue    

Sounds like your subconscious is urging you to clean up some of the mental clutter in your mind (the basement of the house)  The advice here would then be identify a few new and simple goals and changes of direction for your life A new sport or hobby a new challenge a t work  Put some effort and attention into that  You might just be seeing yourself as drifting along a bit aimlessly  it is likely also connected to your age, as you approach the age where the energy and enthusiasm of youth is replaced with a bit of ennui and comfort  There is not so much struggle and thus not so much energy and purpose.  All the things you check as positives can actually be seen as making you too comfortable  

Job- tick

Married- tick 

loving family- tick

friends-tick 

financially secure-tick

yea, well great , but what now? 

No need for a single handed yacht voyage around the world, or riding a motor bike across the continent, :) but you might be looking for a BIT more of a challenge.  

Make some decisions maybe  on minor issues. Act on them and see if this resolves the dreams.   Write down all the minor things that might be worrying you, even if they don't seem like much , and see if you can make any connections to the  dream symbols you have.

Seriously keep examining your  subconscious, and especially the precise symbols you are having in dreams   And you can actually ASK your subconscious to make things a little clearer to you.

Are you in the 30 /35 age range ?  This sort of  loss of purpose is more common around that age, and can be so subtle you don't even realise it is happening.   

Edited by Mr Walker