Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kansas man shot to death by police

Colt Storm

3 hours ago, and then said:

...No, the prankster is NOT the only one responsible.

Indeed, significant actual responsibility for the death falls on the cop, and certainly the prankster bears tremendous accountability... no question there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, South Alabam said:

This guy created a very dangerous situation that ended in an innocent fatality, and probably will be charged with some form of murder, under Kansas law.

He should be sharing a cell with the cop who pulled the trigger and the chief of the department. 

This insanity of cops indiscriminately killing people based on feelings has to stop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

Indeed, significant actual responsibility for the death falls on the cop, and certainly the prankster bears tremendous accountability... no question there.

I wholeheartedly disagree!  Let's review the circumstances shall we?  

1. Man calls prank 911 call.

2. Cops show up believing a murder and a hostage situation is happening.

3. Innocent home owner answers door knowing nothing about anything....adjusts his pants...bang...cop shoots him dead.

How is it the cops fault? He was doing his job...in him mind, an armed suspect who had already murdered someone and holding hostages was answering the door.   It sure as hell wasn't the homeowner's fault. He knew nothing about anything! The sole person responsible is the man who pranked the 911 call.  

Gromdor and I don't really agree on a lot of things...but on this one we do:  It was murder by cop!  Regardless of what he thought the 'outcome' of his 911 call  was going to be, a man was shot dead by a cop doing his job...and the guy that made that possible is the man who called 911.  He should and probably will be charged with several crimes, the least of which is calling in a fraudulent 911 call.  He also put the Police in danger...I'm guessing there is a charge there...plus, negligent homicide.  

Edited by joc
  • Like 4

For a cop to get "trigger itchy" from someone adjusting their waistband while answering the door is clearly unacceptable.

• Like 2

God knows that whenever I answer my own door, that I fidget with my clothing for decency.

Everyone does that. Should we be automatically shot?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pallidin said:

For a cop to get "trigger itchy" from someone adjusting their waistband while answering the door is clearly unacceptable.

I'm wondering why they even knocked.  If they were primed for such a situation, wouldn't it make more sense to just break in the door and rush the room?  Yes, the prank caller needs to be charged to the limits of the current law but I still think that there has to be a better way to breach a room in such a situation than this.  No one should have their life snuffed out because of a mistake by a cop.  And no cop should be placed in a situation where his/her first instinct is to shoot at movement.  Hell, I don't even do THAT when I'm hunting deer.  

• Like 3

Sorry to say, but the SWAT cop in this case should be charged, not with "involuntary manslaughter", but with "negligent homicide/special circumstances" No jail time but mandatory re-training.

And that punk kid which caused this whole mess should be locked-up for no less than 5-years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

God knows that whenever I answer my own door, that I fidget with my clothing for decency.

Everyone does that. Should we be automatically shot?

You know its so bad that after the Tamir Rice murder I began teaching my kids how to be safe around cops. Its freaking insane I'm teaching my kids "cop safety" like I used to teach them bear safety. 

• If they come to the house and you didnt call them don't open the door 
  • If you do open the door don't ever invite them in (like vampires) 
  • Don't ever ever approach a cop (my 5'1 115# wife had a gun pulled on her for walking up to a cop to ask a question) 
  • Don't ever ever ever approach a cop when walking the dogs 
  • Airsoft? You can forget about the large investment we made in those toys - cops will murder you for carrying them 

Man having to train your children to stay safe around government officials just doesn't seem very American to me. 

• Like 1

And I'm not against police in general.

Without law and police we would quickly devolve into a lethal society of gangs and thugs; both of which are already here in small measure.

Anarchy at its finest, society completely destroyed. A society very much like is seen in certain third-world countries.

• Like 1

Drug lords, for example, would love society without any police.

And thugs could run rampant, stealing and raping along the way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Drug lords, for example, would love society without any police.

Of course if drugs were legal there would be no drug lords, which would save us untold amounts of money and shattered lives. 

My home is clean, a great lawn, and good neighbor's.

A thugs life is a graffiti shack, messed-up neighbors, meth whispering out the broken windows, and their children not going to school.

I don't think drugs above pot should be legal.

Such as meth, cocaine, LSD, psych-mushrooms, etc.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, pallidin said:

It is common knowledge that driving while drunk can directly or indirectly cause injury or death of others.

I think it is common knowledge that sending a swat team to get a guy who just murdered one man and is holding others hostage and has doused the house in gasoline in preparation of setting it ablaze, just might end in violence.  

I think the cop should be punished, but not as much as the prick who made the call.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, joc said:

How is it the cops fault? He was doing his job..

what is his job? be a dumb monkey that will kill without thinking and caring for consequences?  yea they do that job quite good, but they defeat their purpose to the people.

but it will end as soon as someone important is killed , if it was not some joe shmo but a governor, or any high ranking politician kid\relative, we would have police reform right now,

Edited by aztek

5 hours ago, pallidin said:

I don't think drugs above pot should be legal.

Such as meth, cocaine, LSD, psych-mushrooms, etc.

vast majority of crimes involving drugs happen on distribution level, gangs violence, dealers fighting for turf.  take that away and violence will be less than it is acceptable to enforce it.  so is the need to regulate it. as far as od deaths legal painkillers beat  heroin and other illegal drugs,

Edited by aztek

I guess my point is yes swatting is wrong and deserves to be punished but you wont get him for murder accidental or otherwise unless you get the police to admit that the killing was non-justified and in error.  As long as the police say that they did the right thing and the killing was justified then how can you get the swatter for murder?  The situation (according to the police) required them to shoot the guy.  Calling the police (even fraudulently) for a situation where they need to act isn't going to get the guy jail time for the act.

But that won't happen. 

6 hours ago, pallidin said:

My home is clean, a great lawn, and good neighbor's.

A thugs life is a graffiti shack, messed-up neighbors, meth whispering out the broken windows, and their children not going to school.

Well not quite:  http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/state-and-regional/dmacc-president-family-arrested-on-drug-charges/article_5ccb52bc-fc1d-58ed-9169-8381d439dbeb.html

This was here in Iowa.  Mind you, this was before all the pot legalization. 

Perhaps this cop should have been more trigger happy.

A California sheriff’s deputy died Tuesday after succumbing to injuries from an off-duty traffic collision and a violent beating, authorities said.

Lawrence Falce, 70, a deputy in San Bernardino County, was off-duty Sunday when he was involved in a minor crash on a highway in the city, the Sheriff’s Employees’ Benefits Association said in a statement. Falce contacted the other driver in the car, but was brutally attacked and was left severely injured, the statement said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/03/california-sheriffs-deputy-dies-after-brutal-attack-following-traffic-collision-police-say.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

what is his job? be a dumb monkey that will kill without thinking and caring for consequences?  yea they do that job quite good, but they defeat their purpose to the people.

but it will end as soon as someone important is killed , if it was not some joe shmo but a governor, or any high ranking politician kid\relative, we would have police reform right now,

Cops are trained how to deal with all kinds of circumstances...and when someone armed is being confronted...sometimes the cops have to make split second decisions...yes...the cop was doing his job...going into a hostile environment to protect and serve his community!  What if the call was legit and instead of not shooting the guy...they told him again...put your hands up...but in a split second he pulls a weapon from inside his pants and kills one of them?  Your reasoning would be considered idiotic from a law enforcement point of view.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, and then said:

I'm wondering why they even knocked.  If they were primed for such a situation, wouldn't it make more sense to just break in the door and rush the room?  Yes, the prank caller needs to be charged to the limits of the current law but I still think that there has to be a better way to breach a room in such a situation than this.  No one should have their life snuffed out because of a mistake by a cop.  And no cop should be placed in a situation where his/her first instinct is to shoot at movement.  Hell, I don't even do THAT when I'm hunting deer.  

I think they knocked because they thought the guy had called 911...obviously mentally unstable and was about to torch the house. You knock the door down...rush in and the guy really has doused the house with gasoline, any spark, from a fired assault weapon or a static electric charge would have created an instant inferno.

I think the cops reacted the right way.  I think it ended tragically.  I don't think the police officer did anything wrong.  And I think the perp who called 911 should be charged with murder and do life in prison.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, pallidin said:

Not if you think the guy answering the door has just killed someone and has doused the house with gasoline.  He could have been reaching for a cigarette lighter.  The cop did not have an itchy trigger finger.  Life or death situation...one split second decision made wrong could have caused the death of other people in the house and possibly law enforcement as well.  

But you know what they say, Haters gonna Hate.  And Cop Haters gonna hate cops.  Go figure that one out!  I tell you what Pallidin...why don't you go join the Police Academy...become a rookie cop...and see how you feel when you are called to a scene that involves weapons fired!  It is so easy to play Arm Chair Quarterback....but there you go....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

He should be sharing a cell with the cop who pulled the trigger and the chief of the department. 

This insanity of cops indiscriminately killing people based on feelings has to stop. 

You have absolutely no clue what goes on in law enforcement do you?

11 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Why the chief?

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:20 PM, Gromdor said:

Police have a pattern of behavior that is both predictable and exploitable.  You can use this as a tool to harass, terrorize or even kill someone.  It's why "swatting" is a thing.  So yes it is "Murder  by cop".

What exactly are you saying Gromdor?  That the cop murdered an innocent man.  Or that the perp who called 911 murdered him ...using the Police as his weapon?

• Like 2