Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Surveillance devices hidden in everyday items

10 posts in this topic

Still Waters

The two plug adapters look identical. Inside one, though, is a microphone, a battery and a SIM card.

It is a perfectly disguised bug.

"After the initial plant you can switch them on and off from anywhere in the world and listen to the room," explains Matt Horan, security director at C31A Solutions.

"Whereas 10, 15 years ago you would have had to go in, plant a device and then recover that device."

https://news.sky.com/story/surveillance-devices-hidden-in-everyday-items-11189005

• Like 7

Taun

If anyone is spying on me they are being bored to tears...

• Like 4

Truthseeker007
2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

The two plug adapters look identical. Inside one, though, is a microphone, a battery and a SIM card.

It is a perfectly disguised bug.

"After the initial plant you can switch them on and off from anywhere in the world and listen to the room," explains Matt Horan, security director at C31A Solutions.

"Whereas 10, 15 years ago you would have had to go in, plant a device and then recover that device."

https://news.sky.com/story/surveillance-devices-hidden-in-everyday-items-11189005

Not to mention the Amazon Alexa which is a total spy bot.

• Like 3

seaturtlehorsesnake
3 hours ago, Taun said:

If anyone is spying on me they are being bored to tears...

right? i feel sorry for them, really.

or heck who knows, maybe they like watching silly musicals on netflix with me.

• Like 2

Taun
28 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

right? i feel sorry for them, really.

or heck who knows, maybe they like watching silly musicals on netflix with me.

With me it's reruns of "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show" and "My Mother The Car"...

• Like 2

seaturtlehorsesnake
14 minutes ago, Taun said:

With me it's reruns of "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show" and "My Mother The Car"...

now, the first of course would make some good spy-watching, but the second? those poor agents... :)

• Like 2

Nzo

They spend thousands sweeping a room only to have one of the occupants bring in their phones which ends up recording and transmitting all information in Real Time to whomever wants to know it.

We live in an age of surveillance. Now they are mapping our faces and taking our DNA.

I have come to the conclusion that we are now under the governance of some kind of super intelligence computer. It does not act benevolent so I am assuming it is malevolent... Sky net is alive and well.

• Like 1

FateAmeniableToChange

I think Darpa and places like Google's R+D would blow everyones mind! And scare them! No environment above ground is totally secure, even window vibrations can be deciphered amongst many techniques

• Like 1

pallidin

The technology is there, and has been for at least a few decades.

But why the paranoia?

For the most part the government has better things to "monitor" than your non-threat psycho drama.

You're really not "important" to anyone but yourself.

• Like 1

Nzo
44 minutes ago, pallidin said:

The technology is there, and has been for at least a few decades.

But why the paranoia?

For the most part the government has better things to "monitor" than your non-threat psycho drama.

You're really not "important" to anyone but yourself.

Well, the problem is that you and yours are being tapped daily. Maybe one day you are in a debate with someone of a different religion and things get heated up and you say some nonsensical stuff that you would only say under a passionate debate. Well, now you are possibly on some terror list or some kind of list and next time you fly over the border, you get the absolute pleasure of having a minimum wage miscreant shoving their gloved hand up your yoohoo. Or you are having intimate relations with someone where there should not be a camera and it is all filmed and then for whatever reason ends up on the internet... the list goes on and on as to why this kind of Orwellian surveillance is absolutely wrong. 

Although I will say this, catching people in power doing bad things that they should not be doing is probably the only positive thing that's come out of this.Unfortunately, they seem to be the ones taking measures to protect their backroom dealings.

• Like 1