Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Confusion surrounds secret US UFO program

36 posts in this topic

ChaosRose

I think I'll believe the guy who used to head up the program. We wouldn't even know about the program if it wasn't for him.

• Like 3

RoofGardener

Umm... IS there any confusion here ? 

The DIA stated that it had not released any information (other than to their superiors in the Pentagon). The Pentagon stated that IT had released information (at least as to the purpose and funding of the project). Surely the two statements are not in conflict ? 

DirtyDocMartens

I saw the source was Fox News, and immediately dismissed it.

• Like 2

Hawkin
23 minutes ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

Would CNN or NBC be more credible to you?

Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 3

UFOwatcher

I have two hands.... Neither knows what the other is doing.

pallidin

Aliens have emanated a "confusion ray"

• Like 1

TomBarnes

In the USA it has been known since at least the 1930's that the primary interest the U.S. Armed Forces have in UFOs is to capture their technology and back engineer it for military use. This is common knowledge among U.S. UFO investigators. As far as I know, no other believable explanation has ever really been given for DoD involvement in UFO research.

• Like 1

taniwha

BREAKING NEWS!!!

It is to be revealed shortly that the Pentagon is simply a deflated weather balloon that crashed during a stormy night in May!!!

• Like 3

FateAmeniableToChange

Regardless of what is really going on it IS interesting but to me it all looks very manipulative to gauge public perceptions of it all and affect national/international attitudes and beliefs, for prep or prop

Sakari
3 hours ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

Yup. Until I see it on Facebook, I know it ain't real.

EBE Hybrid

It sounds as if the DOD ran a project to assess the capabillities of foreign military powers advanced aerospace programs, doesn't seem to suggest that any unidentified craft may have exotic origins, unless you consider Russia or China to be exotic!

• Like 1

pallidin
2 hours ago, TomBarnes said:

In the USA it has been known since at least the 1930's that the primary interest the U.S. Armed Forces have in UFOs is to capture their technology and back engineer it for military use. This is common knowledge among U.S. UFO investigators. As far as I know, no other believable explanation has ever really been given for DoD involvement in UFO research.

Actually, the primary interest in UFO's by the Armed Forces is "threat assessment"

Such as... "Is this a foreign countries aerial platform of attack potential, or, say, stealth reconnaissance?"

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

pallidin

Codemonger

Reactionary intelligence gathering and decision making. No different than Test Marketing a Product. 

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/test-marketing.html

The Planet of the Apes can only handle so much. Would you buy what they are selling?

God Bless!

Edited by Codemonger
Spelling.

stereologist

The two videos do not match up with what Elizondo suggests. It is possible that the videos are not the videos of interest. Several analyses online suggest that videos are distant jets.

Is it possible that Elizondo has allowed people to make all sorts of assumptions? That would allow him to further his new career without having to produce anything. It's all about getting people to make assumptions.

Erno86

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx       BREAKING!!!      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"SAC Base UFO Flyovers 'Scrutinized By Newly Revealed Pentagon UFO Project:' "

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2017/12/pentagon-ufo-study-examined-ufo.html

Special thanks to Karl12

Edited by Erno86
  • Like 2

Erno86

xxxxxxxx    "What the U.S. Government Knows About Unidentified Flying Objects" xxxxxxxxx     

http://www.cohenufo.org/frnt.sci.81.html#anchor353173

Edited by Erno86
link work
  • Like 2

bison

It seems that the AATIP was doing a very thorough job, even reaching back to the the anomalous flying object intrusions at nuclear missile bases in the 1970s. The intrusions were reportedly found to be unexplainable at the time they occurred. This mystery is now confirmed by continued government interest in them, over 30 years after the fact. 

It's almost as if they were starting to study the UFO problem from scratch. The brief article doesn't mention this, but in some cases, control over the nuclear weapons was inexplicably lost, when the unexplainable object were nearby. It looked like testing the ability to control the missile from the outside. 

Edited by bison
added information.
  • Like 1

stereologist
30 minutes ago, bison said:

It seems that the AATIP was doing a very thorough job, even reaching back to the the anomalous flying object intrusions at nuclear missile bases in the 1970s. The intrusions were reportedly found to be unexplainable at the time they occurred. This mystery is now confirmed by continued government interest in them, over 30 years after the fact. 

It's almost as if they were starting to study the UFO problem from scratch. The brief article doesn't mention this, but in some cases, control over the nuclear weapons was inexplicably lost, when the unexplainable object were nearby. It looked like testing the ability to control the missile from the outside. 

Could you provide a link to that.

UFOwatcher

I'm "suspicious" the Government has released any information on this program. But then again I am "suspicious" at heart...

Erno86

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            Breaking!!!        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12-27-17 "Stanton Friedman Weighs In On Pentagon's Secret UFO Search, With Kathleen Marden"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWlNhKBEzuE

Edited by Erno86
added name
  • Like 1

RoofGardener

Reading this article, there seems to have been a lot of UFO activity in the sixties and seventies. 

What is the most recent 'significant' sighting ? (e.g. one that included radar detection as well as visual sightings). 

If these "alien" aircraft where continuously probing military bases etcetera, then the improvement of radar (and video cameras) over the last 40 years would have increased both the frequency of sightings, and the quality of the information arising from them. 

Has this really happened though ? 

• Like 1