Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Confusion surrounds secret US UFO program

UM-Bot

I think I'll believe the guy who used to head up the program. We wouldn't even know about the program if it wasn't for him.

• Like 3

Umm... IS there any confusion here ? 

The DIA stated that it had not released any information (other than to their superiors in the Pentagon). The Pentagon stated that IT had released information (at least as to the purpose and funding of the project). Surely the two statements are not in conflict ? 

I saw the source was Fox News, and immediately dismissed it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

Would CNN or NBC be more credible to you?

Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 3

I have two hands.... Neither knows what the other is doing.

Aliens have emanated a "confusion ray"

• Like 1

In the USA it has been known since at least the 1930's that the primary interest the U.S. Armed Forces have in UFOs is to capture their technology and back engineer it for military use. This is common knowledge among U.S. UFO investigators. As far as I know, no other believable explanation has ever really been given for DoD involvement in UFO research.

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS!!!

It is to be revealed shortly that the Pentagon is simply a deflated weather balloon that crashed during a stormy night in May!!!

• Like 3

Regardless of what is really going on it IS interesting but to me it all looks very manipulative to gauge public perceptions of it all and affect national/international attitudes and beliefs, for prep or prop

3 hours ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

Yup. Until I see it on Facebook, I know it ain't real.

It sounds as if the DOD ran a project to assess the capabillities of foreign military powers advanced aerospace programs, doesn't seem to suggest that any unidentified craft may have exotic origins, unless you consider Russia or China to be exotic!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomBarnes said:

In the USA it has been known since at least the 1930's that the primary interest the U.S. Armed Forces have in UFOs is to capture their technology and back engineer it for military use. This is common knowledge among U.S. UFO investigators. As far as I know, no other believable explanation has ever really been given for DoD involvement in UFO research.

Actually, the primary interest in UFO's by the Armed Forces is "threat assessment"

Such as... "Is this a foreign countries aerial platform of attack potential, or, say, stealth reconnaissance?"

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

The two videos do not match up with what Elizondo suggests. It is possible that the videos are not the videos of interest. Several analyses online suggest that videos are distant jets.

Is it possible that Elizondo has allowed people to make all sorts of assumptions? That would allow him to further his new career without having to produce anything. It's all about getting people to make assumptions.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx       BREAKING!!!      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"SAC Base UFO Flyovers 'Scrutinized By Newly Revealed Pentagon UFO Project:' "

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2017/12/pentagon-ufo-study-examined-ufo.html

Special thanks to Karl12

Edited by Erno86
  • Like 2

It seems that the AATIP was doing a very thorough job, even reaching back to the the anomalous flying object intrusions at nuclear missile bases in the 1970s. The intrusions were reportedly found to be unexplainable at the time they occurred. This mystery is now confirmed by continued government interest in them, over 30 years after the fact. 

It's almost as if they were starting to study the UFO problem from scratch. The brief article doesn't mention this, but in some cases, control over the nuclear weapons was inexplicably lost, when the unexplainable object were nearby. It looked like testing the ability to control the missile from the outside. 

Edited by bison
added information.
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, bison said:

It seems that the AATIP was doing a very thorough job, even reaching back to the the anomalous flying object intrusions at nuclear missile bases in the 1970s. The intrusions were reportedly found to be unexplainable at the time they occurred. This mystery is now confirmed by continued government interest in them, over 30 years after the fact. 

It's almost as if they were starting to study the UFO problem from scratch. The brief article doesn't mention this, but in some cases, control over the nuclear weapons was inexplicably lost, when the unexplainable object were nearby. It looked like testing the ability to control the missile from the outside. 

Could you provide a link to that.

I'm "suspicious" the Government has released any information on this program. But then again I am "suspicious" at heart...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            Breaking!!!        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12-27-17 "Stanton Friedman Weighs In On Pentagon's Secret UFO Search, With Kathleen Marden"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWlNhKBEzuE

Edited by Erno86
added name
  • Like 1

Reading this article, there seems to have been a lot of UFO activity in the sixties and seventies. 

What is the most recent 'significant' sighting ? (e.g. one that included radar detection as well as visual sightings). 

If these "alien" aircraft where continuously probing military bases etcetera, then the improvement of radar (and video cameras) over the last 40 years would have increased both the frequency of sightings, and the quality of the information arising from them. 

Has this really happened though ? 

• Like 1

So the basic story is something like this?

Luis Elizondo ran the Department of Defence programme from 2007 to 2012 to assess "far-term" foreign advanced aerospace threats to the United States.

However, the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) - which first started the programme in 1969- claimed there was "confusion" over the AATIP's (DOD) purpose, and denied releasing any videos or files related to it.

The (DOD) Department of Defense officials disputed this response, claiming they did not know what "confusion" the (DIA) Defense Intelligence Agency was referring to.."

The (DIA) Defense Intelligence Agency says it has not released any information, files or videos."

DIA - DEFENCE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY (http://www.dia.mil/About/)

DIA looks into potential threats to prevent strategic surprise by providing our military and civilian leaders with the best intelligence on foreign military interventions and capabilities. The agency’s four core competencies -- human intelligence, all-source analysis, counterintelligence and technical intelligence -- enable military operations while also informing policy-makers at the defense and national levels.

DOD - DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE (https://www.defense.gov/About/DoD-101/)

DOD ensures national security by ensuring defense installations and facilities are in the right place, at the right time, with the right qualities and capacities to protect our national resources. The DOD manages an inventory of installations and facilities to keep Americans safe, consisting of more than several hundred thousand individual buildings and structures located at more than 5,000 different locations or sites.

These sites range from the very small in size such as unoccupied sites supporting a single navigational aid that sit on less than one-half acre, to the Army's vast White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico with over 3.6 million acres, or the Navy’s large complex of installations at Norfolk, Virginia with more than 78,000 employees.

Our chief executive officer is the President of the United States.  Along with the Secretary of Defense and the National Security Council, the President determines the security needs of the nation, and then take courses of action to ensure that they are met.  The President, in the constitutional role as commander-in-chief of the armed forces, is the senior military authority in the nation and as such is ultimately responsible for the protection of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

As part of the Constitution’s system of checks and balances, our budget must be approved by the U.S. Congress, which acts as our board of directors.  We accomplish this by working with various committees of both houses, primarily those dealing with funding, military operations, and intelligence.  Their decisions affect our well being and range from setting civilian pay raises to funding major troop deployments.

If the President is our CEO, and the Congress is our Board of Directors, then our stockholders are the American people.

Edited by Fila
  • Like 2