Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Confusion surrounds secret US UFO program

UM-Bot

I've heard the 'confusion' explained this way:  The Defense Intelligence Agency did not release UFO information to the public, but probably did share it with the Pentagon. The Pentagon allowed Mr. Elizondo to release a limited amount of  UFO information to the public, subject to limits defined by information that remains classified.   

• Like 2

On 02/01/2018 at 4:29 AM, bison said:

I've heard the 'confusion' explained this way:  The Defense Intelligence Agency did not release UFO information to the public, but probably did share it with the Pentagon. The Pentagon allowed Mr. Elizondo to release a limited amount of  UFO information to the public, subject to limits defined by information that remains classified.   

Maybe we can all collaborate on an email to the DIA. Maybe we present Elizondo's claims.., and ask them where he is confused. Try and get a straight, 1st hand answer from the organisation itself.

DIA-PAO@dia.mil

Edited by Fila

I don't see any evidence that Mr. Elizondo is confused. The confusion appears to be that the Defense Intelligence Agency feels a proprietary attitude toward the  UFO information it shared with the Pentagon, didn't want it thought that they (the DIA) had shared this information with the public, and probably aren't too happy that the Pentagon let Mr. Elizondo share (a bit of it) with the public. 

I believe the confusion is more on the side of the public. I do not think that the two videos agree with the statements in the articles.

There are statements made in the media accounts that are not seen in the videos. The videos may not be from the event discussed.

If Elizondo shared information with the public that was FOUO then that is a problem for Elizondo. It is more reasonable to believe that the videos were no longer FOUO, and no longer classified.

"There is some confusion about this program and claims about its purpose in press reporting ... the Defence Intelligence Agency has not released any information, files or videos," said a spokesman.

Let's take that to be correct and not backtracking as a UFO person suggested. That is possible if the videos are not the event referred to by Elizondo. The confusion would be the public assuming a direct connection.

The two recent UFO videos with which I am familiar are already known to not be from the Commander Fravor  incident. They were  made later that same day, by another flight team that was sent up after the object. It had already eluded Commander Fravor's mission, using extreme speed, then appeared again, miles away.  

The videos appear to show distant jets as the analysis below discusses.

https://www.metabunk.org/nyt-gimbal-video-of-u-s-navy-jet-encounter-with-unknown-object.t9333/

TTS brags about provenance, but then they don't provide the FOIA letter, response, etc.

He also says that thing was stopping, moving fast, zigzaging.... a visual lock on it? i don't think so. He just interpreted all the data thrown together (radar, ATFLIR, visual) to fit a pattern that cannot be made. I read somehwere the voice of the girl operator on the Princeton was very alarmed, and you have a pilot a firm believer of UFO (his colleagues ridiculed him with alien movies on the Nimitz) and then you have a believer becoming a contactee.

Bolding mine.

I think that DeLonge et al benefit from this confusion since it draws attention away from the lack of connection between the text and videos.

Say,  I heard there are a total of 3 vids concerning the release.

We have seen 2, with the third not yet released by the now non-governmental holder.

Does anyone know a source for the 3rd vid ?? Or do we have to wait?

On 12/30/2017 at 0:08 PM, Hawkin said:

Would CNN or NBC be more credible to you?

Yes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2017 at 1:36 PM, TomBarnes said:

In the USA it has been known since at least the 1930's that the primary interest the U.S. Armed Forces have in UFOs is to capture their technology and back engineer it for military use. This is common knowledge among U.S. UFO investigators. As far as I know, no other believable explanation has ever really been given for DoD involvement in UFO research.

Try to stay ahead of the Russians / China.

On 12/30/2017 at 6:36 PM, TomBarnes said:

In the USA it has been known since at least the 1930's that the primary interest the U.S. Armed Forces have in UFOs is to capture their technology and back engineer it for military use. This is common knowledge among U.S. UFO investigators. As far as I know, no other believable explanation has ever really been given for DoD involvement in UFO research.

".. it has been known" ? 

Well, it has been speculated, perhaps. The primary goal (at least initially) of the U.S. Armed Forces is to defend the USA. If an unknown type of aircraft was buzzing around, then the Military would want to know - not unreasonably - what the heck it was, and whether it posed a threat. 

What is so 'unbelievable' about that ? 

• Like 1