Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can some help me?

Jcole

Sad thing is....not all those who believe the ouija board is a real spirit board, started using it when they were adults. 

Would be interesting to know at what age did people first play with the board and do they still believe in it if they tried it when young?

Me? I had a few go's when i was 11, and i grew out of believing in it about half hour after we started, but i still had a few more goes after that because, like lots of kids, we thought it was fun playing 'freak yourself out.'

2 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

A ouija board is a board game. It's nothing more. You guys really need to up your critical thinking skills.

Would you play it in a graveyard at midnight? That seems like that would be fun and scary even if it is not real.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Sad thing is....not all those who believe the ouija board is a real spirit board, started using it when they were adults. 

Would be interesting to know at what age did people first play with the board and do they still believe in it if they tried it when young?

Me? I had a few go's when i was 11, and i grew out of believing in it about half hour after we started, but i still had a few more goes after that because, like lots of kids, we thought it was fun playing 'freak yourself out.'

I do know when I was a teenager one of my best friends grandmother used to play on it. I remember her asking it when she would die. It gave her a date and believe it or not it was around the date she died. It was about 10 years after she asked. So I don't know if it was because it was in her head that she would die then or the board knew something, I just know I wouldn't ask it that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I do know when I was a teenager one of my best friends grandmother used to play on it. I remember her asking it when she would die. It gave her a date and believe it or not it was around the date she died. It was about 10 years after she asked. So I don't know if it was because it was in her head that she would die then or the board knew something, I just know I wouldn't ask it that.

Around the date? Did it give just a date or date, month and year? 

How old was the 'grandmother' who passed away 10 years after asking?

My father used to say "i have not got long now" and sure to his word, 3 years later he passed away. Depends on how long you see time to be. 

He said he would go at 83 and he did, so did his 2 older brothers, so maybe he geared himself to that age. 

31 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Around the date? Did it give just a date or date, month and year? 

How old was the 'grandmother' who passed away 10 years after asking?

My father used to say "i have not got long now" and sure to his word, 3 years later he passed away. Depends on how long you see time to be. 

He said he would go at 83 and he did, so did his 2 older brothers, so maybe he geared himself to that age. 

It was the month and year and I can't recall if it was the exact date.

She was in her late 60's.

Yea I am sure some people know when they are about to move on and are ready to go.

Maybe she knew her own death already I don't know. I just thought it was very eerie and I wouldn't ask it when I would die.

Edited by Truthseeker007

Ouija is a game. A Hasbro game.

That said, it doesn't matter that it's a game.

If you want rid of the phenomena (which you could actually have), then do the LBRP. 

End of story.

And obviously, playing the game anymore will not help you be rid of said phenomena.

On 01/01/2018 at 2:25 AM, XenoFish said:

You're on a head strip. The ouija board doesn't summon spirits, but go ahead and use whatever magical placebo you think will help. Besides, the ouija board is just a toy and it works through the subconscious and ideomotor effect. So no ghost, spirits, demons, invisible unicorns are involved. Just your imagination.

I'm not disagreeing with you or anything but if it's just your imagination then how do your friends get affected by it? how do priests successfully perform exorcisms? If I summoned a Spirit by myself and it was just my imagination then I invited my friend over would he be affected?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 4:07 AM, XenoFish said:

Yes. Just as a child that fabricates the monster in their closet. 

Not quite. Subconscious themes can be projected through the ideometer affect. Whole characters can exist in you dreamscapes and deep in your mind. It is indeed dangerous to explore here even if you don't believe in spirits because the human mind naturally creates monsters in the imagination as a way of preparing itself to face Predators. Children and anyone not prepared should not be accessing their subconscious in such a way. Particularly believers. There are reasons only very experienced monks were permitted to creat Tulpas and. The game can indeed be be psycloglogically disturbing, and affect young minds in very negative ways. If one does believe in spirits then why in the heck would you be messing with demons and deranged dead people. 

On 1/8/2018 at 4:41 AM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

I'm not disagreeing with you or anything but if it's just your imagination then how do your friends get affected by it? how do priests successfully perform exorcisms? If I summoned a Spirit by myself and it was just my imagination then I invited my friend over would he be affected?

Yes. A lot of information is shared between people without conscious communication, or your friend is just pulling your leg. ;) that happens too. 

33 minutes ago, SeekerWCF said:

Not quite. Subconscious themes can be projected through the ideometer affect. Whole characters can exist in you dreamscapes and deep in your mind. It is indeed dangerous to explore here even if you don't believe in spirits because the human mind naturally creates monsters in the imagination as a way of preparing itself to face Predators. Children and anyone not prepared should not be accessing their subconscious in such a way. Particularly believers. There are reasons only very experienced monks were permitted to creat Tulpas and. The game can indeed be be psycloglogically disturbing, and affect young minds in very negative ways. If one does believe in spirits then why in the heck would you be messing with demons and deranged dead people. 

I don't really care what people do. It's a stupid game meant for sleep overs. 

25 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't really care what people do. It's a stupid game meant for sleep overs. 

Actually you are factually incorrect. It has its roots in ancient Chinese divination, but yes after the spiritualist movments were popular here in the US it was sold as a game. 

Edited by SeekerWCF
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SeekerWCF said:

Actually you are factually incorrect. It has its roots in ancient Chinese divination, but yes after the spiritualist movments were popular here in the US it was sold as a game. 

I honestly could care less. Its a stupid board game and I need some evidence to back your claim.

• Like 1