Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Millennials really Think of Donald Trump

Space Commander Travis

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Colbert did a billboard for it.

180104050831-colbert-trump-media-awards-

I wonder if Colbert sweats at night over a glass of nice Scotch, alone in his expensive condo as the weight of all this sits heavily on his shoulders. He puts on a brave face at work because that's what the network expects but deep down, in the dark recesses of his mind, he knows he's playing with fire. His writing team is safe behind the curtain while he takes all the risks swapping insults with the President of the United States. Colbert is a celebrity, but he's also just a man. I highly doubt he just eats the underlying stress that comes with his new position, the face of anti-Trump TV. 

Maybe he just wants out. Maybe he's had enough and doesn't want the responsibility any more but his contract keeps him dancing for the masses. 

Jimmy Fallon is manic depressive and a known alcoholic. What demons are you hiding, Mr. Colbert? Are Trump's digs really sliding off your back or is the pressure starting to crack your late night armor? I guess time will tell. 

18 hours ago, Area201 said:

That's being investigated by competent people, Mueller, a former FBI director.

Competent or just a proficient bureaucrat with Progressive leanings?

Will see if it's fake news or real news and who will be fired for "treason" or before that possibly "high crimes and misdemeanors" if he decides to fire everyone involved, thus obstruction of justice. 

This is indicative of TDS.  As President, Trump can fire anyone he pleases and it wouldn’t be obstruction of justice.  That is his right as President.  It’s called serving at the pleasure.  That occurred under Obama.  Nobody raised a stink then.  I suspect that Trump is just giving his enemies enough rope to hang themselves.  Obama abused his power of Executive Order when he tried to dismantle the Constitution by fiat.  Everybody was ok with that.  But when Trump tries the same, it order to correct what Obama had damaged, it’s now a Constitutional crises.  And then there is the media.  Do you ever watch the montages of the media going off on Trump?  It is hilarious.  Any sane person would find this performance sickening, if not treasonous.  It is day after day and usually over nothing.  Is it possible that one individual that has been so successful in their life is really that bad or is there a blood fever of irrational hatred among the corrupt driven into negative scripting, the villain?  Trump threatens them; nothing more than that and like any infection fights back.  It is this that acts like a Pied Piper to the Millennials.  They’ve known nothing else and are too young and inexperienced to use their wisdom.  It is a disease.  Some are immune and some come out of it.  The world laughs at it, not at Trump, but the MSM and Progressives (and most are oblivious to what they do).  Any normal person would see this as not right.  In the end though, many will sober and they will have to live with their sin, with their scarlet letter.

He's exposing them and their agendas. They were very used to telling the dumb public what they thought was all we should hear and merely what was good for us...ya know we can't possibly understand such intricate matters....and now they are running scared and swinging blindly. They got complaciant and used to the Republicans adhering to the old gentlemen rules of "the game" even when they weren't following those rules themselves. I was thoroughly sick of all of them and then Trump came along and finally someone was holding a mirror up to these clowns. About time everyone was called on their nonsense.

8 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

As President, Trump can fire anyone he pleases and it wouldn’t be obstruction of justice.

There's a lot of steps. If he is indeed guilty of crimes, and Mueller is on to him, he'll fire him of course. Then subsequent events can happen as per this article. I'm sure he'll fire him and go on firing everyone, like another episode of the Apprentice (never watched the show but hear he gets kicks off firing people). But by doing so will be the rope that he hangs himself with - Obstruction of justice, if not the original crimes - by Congress.

17 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

dismantle the Constitution by fiat

Not sure what you are talking about. When? What was it? I missed this. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Area201 said:

There's a lot of steps. If he is indeed guilty of crimes, and Mueller is on to him, he'll fire him of course. Then subsequent events can happen as per this article. I'm sure he'll fire him and go on firing everyone, like another episode of the Apprentice (never watched the show but hear he gets kicks off firing people). But by doing so will be the rope that he hangs himself with - Obstruction of justice, if not the original crimes - by Congress.

Sigh!  You do realize that Mueller’s special council is not the only investigation going?  In a meeting just yesterday with Rosenstein, Wray, and Ryan the DOJ will be releasing the Dossier documents to Nunes in the House investigation.  I would think that if Mueller has anything, he’d better present it before his investigation is nullified by the House investigation.  Trump isn’t the only one that can fire Mueller.  As your link pointed out, Rosenstein could.  Sessions could un-recuse himself and fire him.  Or Congress can fire him.  The only one obstructing justice right now is Mueller.  There is nothing else that needs to be uncovered.  The FBI and DOJ have all the evidence.  Charge the President or end this witch hunt.  If this was about justice and not politics, an indictment would have been presented.  Until the House presents its findings, I believe that Trump is content giving Mueller a bit more of that proverbial rope.

Not sure what you are talking about. When? What was it? I missed this. 

I’m not surprised.  Do you recall something about a phone and a pen….

11 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I’m not surprised.  Do you recall something about a phone and a pen….

This one?  I couldn't even find an Obama signing meme generator lol I had to resort to using the Tiny Hands one. Let me in on it clearly or we'll move on.

224ow9.jpg

23 hours ago, Agent0range said:

LOL, I clicked the link, and the "Next Story" was "Man Finds Cures For All Diseases: HIV, Cancer, Diabetes".  I don't think I'm going to be trusting this source.

B-b-but it's on the Internet! 

They wouldn't be allowed to do that if it wasn't true! 

15 minutes ago, Area201 said:

This one?  I couldn't even find an Obama signing meme generator lol I had to resort to using the Tiny Hands one. Let me in on it clearly or we'll move on.

I’m honored.  You have the right idea (but for Obama) yet you are clueless on two levels.  For one, you are clueless as to what the meaning behind that is and two, where have you been?  Are you not aware of how Obama ruled?  For your sake, it’s probably best to move on.  Although one example comes to mind because of the new laws going into effect in California.  Obama signed 21 or 23 EOs on gun control.  He was going to strip the 2nd of its guarantees without violating it on paper.  It would pretty much kill the intent.  Obama was applying his healthcare approach to the 2nd.  You know, if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.  He would just modify it a bit, if you like your gun, you can keep your gun.  Obama’s approach was not to take guns but to restrict ammo.  Plus, Obamacare was going to be used to build exemption lists of those who couldn’t purchase guns or ammo.  Eventually, the system would have been tweaked enough to catch virtually everybody.  Anyway, that nightmare is over but Gov. Moonbeam is taking up the cause.  Ammo sales spiked in the state.  But can you imagine the combination of Sanctuary state and restricted ammo?  It’s not going to stop the criminal element.  If illegals break one law, what’s another?  But that’s another story.  I think wildfires won’t be the only thing burning in California.  I think that the Wall should be extended along Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon.

21 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Ummm..alcohol commercials are banned?  Pretty sure I just saw Mila Kunis in a Jim Beam commercial.  

I saw that too. Ummmm....I thought that TV ads, for hard liquor, were banned for a while in the past. :unsure2:

1 minute ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I saw that too. Ummmm....I thought that TV ads, for hard liquor, were banned for a while in the past. :unsure2:

They can't consume the alcohol in commercials.  But, cigarette ads are banned outright.

19 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Slightly off topic:  Whenever I have to order gloves for the guys, I always have to order larges. No one ever uses the small or mediums- they just sit in the gangbox with grumbled complaints from the guys. I never understood the fixation with the idea of having large hands.

My guess is that the small sizes fit older children and petite women. They don't really reflect reality in that way. It's a bit like how clothing sizes are labeled. In that case, it reflects the obesity rate.

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

They can't consume the alcohol in commercials.  But, cigarette ads are banned outright.

That sounds about right. I could have sworn that they banned hard alcohol commercials for a bit, but that could be a trick of my memory.

• Like 1

Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

That sounds about right. I could have sworn that they banned hard alcohol commercials for a bit, but that could be a trick of my memory.

Eh..I don't know...I record most shows and skip commercials anyway, so the only time I really see them is during live sports.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

You are right but it did change, it has been a while (longer than I thought).  It does seem that there have been a lot of tequila commercials of late, but here are two articles for your perusal…

https://vinepair.com/articles/why-no-liquor-ads-tv/

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/11/08/business/liquor-industry-ends-its-ad-ban-in-broadcasting.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

You are right but it did change, it has been a while (longer than I thought).  It does seem that there have been a lot of tequila commercials of late, but here are two articles for your perusal…

https://vinepair.com/articles/why-no-liquor-ads-tv/

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/11/08/business/liquor-industry-ends-its-ad-ban-in-broadcasting.html

God bless you. I thought that it was one of those Mandela things like "it's a beautiful day in *this* neighborhood". Yeah, it turns out that those are the real lyrics to Mister Rogers' theme song. I don't remember it that way, and I had to take a seat (and a drink) when I discovered that I remembered it wrong (if I did, though).

3 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

God bless you. I thought that it was one of those Mandela things like "it's a beautiful day in *this* neighborhood". Yeah, it turns out that those are the real lyrics to Mister Rogers' theme song. I don't remember it that way, and I had to take a seat (and a drink) when I discovered that I remembered it wrong (if I did, though).

NO WAY ! I hadn't heard that one. Not to hijack a thread but holy hell 

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

NO WAY ! I hadn't heard that one. Not to hijack a thread but holy hell 

It blew my mind! Check it out on You Tube. Man, my friend and I regularly watched it in grade school when we thought it was funny, and we made fun of it. I always heard "the", not "this".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It blew my mind! Check it out on You Tube. Man, my friend and I regularly watched it in grade school when we thought it was funny, and we made fun of it. I always heard "the", not "this".

I heard both :wacko:  I never knew which one was correct until many years later.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I heard both :wacko:  I never knew which one was correct until many years later.

I don't see how we could mishear the lyrics for so long. I'm talking about hundreds of people.

1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I don't see how we could mishear the lyrics for so long. I'm talking about hundreds of people.

I haven't done the leg work, but what I think is happening is that there *ARE* two versions of the song.  One is rarer but we hear it just enough to 'swear' we've heard it 'that way'.  But at this point, this is just speculation.

• Like 1

Just to add...

As much as I think Trump acts sometimes like a childish ass, I commend his military efforts against ISIS, his immigration stance, and general desire to enrich America.

5 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I haven't done the leg work, but what I think is happening is that there *ARE* two versions of the song.  One is rarer but we hear it just enough to 'swear' we've heard it 'that way'.  But at this point, this is just speculation.

As Panther said, it's the Mandela effect. There was a lengthy thread about it a little while ago, until it got closed. 

• Like 1

Oh, what is the Mandela effect? Well, it gives you a predilection for wearing flamboyant shirts.

Image result for nelson mandela shirts

:hmm: 

• Like 1

I'd rock that ^^^^^ 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

As Panther said, it's the Mandela effect. There was a lengthy thread about it a little while ago, until it got closed. 

I seem to be remembering that differently.  :D

Fridays are my Hawaiian shirt day so I guess I'm experiencing that right now....