Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prince Philip asks is bearded man a terrorist

Still Waters

The Duke of Edinburgh pointed out a bearded man and asked if he was a terrorist, it has been claimed.

Onlookers are said to have heard the remark while the Duke was walking to Sandringham's St Mary Magdalene Church on New Year's Eve.

The 96-year-old reportedly made the comment when he spotted a tall man with a long ginger beard.

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-philip-asks-if-bearded-man-is-a-terrorist-11191136

• Like 2

if he said it....no harm done.

"He was obviously having a little joke, but he said it within earshot of the man who burst out laughing and appeared to find the whole thing hilarious. 

Good.....hope everyone else can too. The man had a ginger beard.....

So how do other ginger people really feel about this comment?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

Just now, freetoroam said:

if he said it....no harm done.

Good.....hope everyone else can too. The man had a ginger beard.....

So how do ginger people really feel about this comment?

I feel meh.

• Like 3

Good bless good old Philip, he's 96 he';s earned the right, and long may he continue. A character in a world which is becoming grey and bland thanks to Political correctness, i hope millions are offended. :tu:

• Like 7

Just now, XenoFish said:

I feel meh.

Lol....was wondering how you felt.

Do you feel hurt, does this affect your human rights as a ginger person, will you be asking for support? Will this affect the taste of your gumbo dinner?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Good bless good old Philip, he's 96 he';s earned the right, and long may he continue. A character in a world which is becoming grey and bland thanks to Political correctness, i hope millions are offended. :tu:

Oi...you can not say that about ginger people. Note i am not bringing in anyone else into this, it has f.a to do with others and if they are offended....tough! 

This is about ginger people as far as i am concerned....makes a change. :tsu:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Lol....was wondering how you felt.

Do you feel hurt, does this affect your human rights as a ginger person, will you be asking for support? Will this affect the taste of your gumbo dinner?

There is so much sorrow and rage in my right now. I'm fuming mad. No wait nevermind. The coffee kicked in.:lol:

The thing is anyone could potentially be a terrorist. So I understand in a way.

Ginger Lives Matter:P

• Like 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

There is so much sorrow and rage in my right now. I'm fuming mad. No wait nevermind. The coffee kicked in.:lol:

The thing is anyone could potentially be a terrorist. So I understand in a way.

Ginger Lives Matter:P

I am on it man.

Lets do this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM5UMGPAGxehKeA03Hsy1

• Like 3

Ginger lives look a shade green to me ...

:P

~

• Like 1

Prince Philip had a very close tie to Lord Mountbatten, who was murdered by terrorists, ...only thing is Thomas McMahon did not have a beard.....but this does show Prince Philip is keeping up with the changes in Britain today. 

Quite strange what a beard can represent to some today, it has had many different meanings over time,  shame today terrorist is associated with it, man has not learnt the way to peace from what our history should have taught him.

Anyway, here is a bit on the history of beards:

Throughout history, society’s attitude towards male beards has widely varied depending on many factors. Some of them were related to culture or religion, while others to the current fashion trends.

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2017/03/23/beards-displayed-knights-virility-honor-in-middle-age-europe/

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Early nomination for post of 2018 :tsu:

People are waaay too sensitive these days!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

Early nomination for post of 2018 :tsu:

People are waaay too sensitive these days!

Well, he is a WW2 Naval veteran and, as is the way with the Royal Family nowadays, has access to millions of Tax Payers money with which to support many charitable organisations, and there I will pay all due respect.

But when all is said and done, the guy is an absolute Pr*ck.  If he'd said something like that about another person in my local, I would hate to think what would have happened.

You think people are way too sensitive?  The good Prince has been casually insulting people and groups for decades and people just say 'Aaaw well he's old', 'Aaaw he's Royal, he doesn't know.'  His goofs have been brushed under the carpet so many times now, he must have single handedly kept the Harrods furniture department in business since the 50's.

Personally I think there is something very very wrong when you reach the age of 96 and haven't yet learned when to keep your mouth shut.  I mean, I hate Gordon Brown, but look at the furore caused back in 2010 when he made the Bigot remark about a woman he had spoken to, See here.  You can bet your azz Gordon Brown now checks the mic is off every time he appears in public.

One of the few people still allowed to make a joke in public without being pilloried and buried in the tears of snowflakes ......

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Essan said:

One of the few people still allowed to make a joke in public without being pilloried and buried in the tears of snowflakes ......

To be more accurate he is one of the few people allowed to make bigotted remarks in public without being asked to be more sensitive. The thing about a joke is, it needs to be funny. Or it isn't a joke. 

• Like 1

Yeah, so 'sensitive' a plane got grounded a couple of days ago when someone used the words 'Allahu Akbar' above their breath.

Good Lord, who would use those words in a plane anyway huh? Its like screaming "Bomb!" for godsake.

..Scandalous, these types have no regard for other people's sense of security, or their Christmas arrangements! Why all these people dont get banned from the airport is just beyond me, scaring the living daylights out of all those passengers like that. I wish Europe had a strong leader like Trump, so this wouldnt happen.

[Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt".[1][2]]

Edited by Phaeton80

Ms Baez sings it like it is ...

~

[00.05:12]

~

12 minutes ago, Border Collie said:

To be more accurate he is one of the few people allowed to make bigotted remarks in public without being asked to be more sensitive. The thing about a joke is, it needs to be funny. Or it isn't a joke. 

So, if you don't find it funny it's not a joke.   Ben Elton - and dozens of other comedians and writers,  made large fortunes out being very offensive and not the least bit funny ;)

in any case, he wasn't talking to you :P 

..Having said that, the man is a born joker isnt he.. That cheeky ol' Saxe Coburg Gotha Nazi sympathizer, never a dull moment.

“In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation.”

..Is that a tear in his eyes?

22 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Yeah, so 'sensitive' a plane got grounded a couple of days ago when someone used the words 'Allahu Akbar' above their breath.

Good Lord, who would use those words in a plane anyway huh? Its like screaming "Bomb!" for godsake.

..Scandalous, these types have no regard for other people's sense of security, or their Christmas arrangements! Why all these people dont get banned from the airport is just beyond me, scaring the living daylights out of all those passengers like that. I wish Europe had a strong leader like Trump, so this wouldnt happen.

[Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt".[1][2]]

Bit different from Prince Philip asking if someone with ginger hair was a  terrorist.

I personally am not ginger, so really think that the people who could get offended would be ginger men with beards and no one else have the right to jump on the bandwagon looking for sympathy because of their sensitive feelings. 

Leave this to the ginger people, i am sick and tired of hearing other people using every opportunity to drag their religious or political feelings to the forefront when it has nothing to do with them.

Sorry...as for you post, yes, that is what should be the real issue to deal with as it affects everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grey Area said:

You think people are way too sensitive?

Yes, I think some people are way too sensitive.

I'm pretty sure "being offended" isn't fatal. When did we become a society that fears words?

Case in point; a BBC story on Lewis Hamilton last week...

Lewis Hamilton apologises for 'boys don't wear dresses' remark

"Lewis Hamilton has apologised for making "inappropriate" comments in a video in which he appeared to mock his nephew's princess dress.

In an Instagram video, which has since been deleted, the Formula 1 driver says "boys don't wear princess dresses".

He was criticised on social media for the clip, which was apparently filmed on Christmas Day.

The 32-year-old tweeted his "deepest apologies", saying he loved that his nephew "feels free to express himself"."

Responding to this most heinous crime...

"In response to the video, founder of anti-bullying charity Ditch the Label Liam Hackett tweeted: "Disappointing to see somebody with such a huge platform use it to publicly shame and attempt to undermine a small child."

Meanwhile, Imraan Sathar of discrimination support charity Stay Brave UK, called for the driver to be stripped of his MBE."

"publicly shame and attempt to undermine a small child."

"stripped of his MBE."

Give me a ******g break!

Maybe we should give children lessons in being insulted, so they have half a chance of surviving this often harsh world :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll leave the final words to Steve Hughes (thanks again for the introduction stevewinn :tu:)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

I'm pretty sure "being offended" isn't fatal. When did we become a society that fears words?

When lawyers said  you can sue and make money out it....after they get their cut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

I personally am not ginger, so really think that the people who could get offended would be ginger men with beards

You mean his grandson .......

Whom I somehow suspect is even less offended than I am :) 

(Actually, without being there, I suspect he was probably just talking the p*** out of one of them daft-looking so-called 'hipsters' who sport orthodox muslim style beards because they have been told they look cool ;) )

2 hours ago, Border Collie said:

Except the guy he made the joke about busted out laughing.

I have to agree with Bill Maher on this kinda thing.

You can't be more outraged than the supposed "victim." 

8 minutes ago, Essan said:

You mean his grandson .......

Whom I somehow suspect is even less offended than I am :) 

(Actually, without being there, I suspect he was probably just talking the p*** out of one of them daft-looking so-called 'hipsters' who sport orthodox muslim style beards because they have been told they look cool ;) )

Muslim beards? Oh no....men have been doning beards in the west for centuries, nothing to do with muslims. I think they started coming back in fashion when the movember campaign started, bavk in 2004.

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Muslim beards? Oh no....men have been doning beards in the west for centuries, nothing to do with muslims. I think they started coming back in fashion when the movember campaign started, bavk in 2004.

Beards yes.   But big beards with close shaven heads just make someone look like a stereotypical "mooslim terrorist" .....    And if I met someone looking like that I might very well say so.   In public.   Especially if they also had ginger hair (which is silly however it is styled :P  ) 

• Like 1