Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religious words and meanings

Crazy Horse

4 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

So your topic is about word meanings.

God is a character from a book.

He is. A book of folk tales, mixed in with some vaguely remembered historcal events, poems, rules and soothsayers predictions.   Although more generally  "God" is also a male anthropomorphism of nature :)  

In some religions nature is divided into numerous different gods, goddesses, etal

IMO ;)   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Perversion of the Golden Ratio and Golden Rule is what it is.

Just as the Golden Rule cannot be taken away, it too cannot be imposed forcibly ... that's the gold of the Golden ...

~

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Because folk believe themself separate from each other.

Remove this erroneous thought, and we can build a new world. 

One without war, or poverty, or crime, or environmental degradation etc.

How do you separate yourself from you in the mirror ?

~

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Perversion of the Golden Ratio and Golden Rule is what it is.

So you agree?

If we treated everybody as we would wish to be treated, then all the wars etc would end?

Seeing another as ourself is surely the first step on the Golden Path! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Just as the Golden Rule cannot be taken away, it too cannot be imposed forcibly ... that's the gold of the Golden ...

~

How do you separate yourself from you in the mirror ?

~

Who is talking about imposing anything forcibly?

How do I separate myself from me in the mirror?

I don't - All is One.

Mirror, me, my reflection, the light, the shadow etc, etc, etc...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Who is talking about imposing anything forcibly?

How do I separate myself from me in the mirror?

You know not the 'you' from the 'none' that is the you in the mirror ...

Heraclitus | Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy

www.iep.utm.edu/heraclit/
Heraclitus A Greek philosopher of the late 6th century BCE, Heraclitus criticizes his predecessors and contemporaries for their failure to see the unity in experience. He claims to announce an everlasting Word (Logos) according to which all things are one, in some sense. Opposites are necessary for life, but they are unified ...

Jump to Life - Heraclitus of Ephesus was a pre-Socratic Greek philosopher, and a native of the city of Ephesus, then part of the Persian Empire. He was of distinguished parentage. Little is known about his early life and education, but he regarded himself as self-taught and a pioneer of wisdom. From the lonely life he led, and ...

~

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I don't - All is One.

Mirror, me, my reflection, the light, the shadow etc, etc, etc...

All is One only when everyone is none ... no light, no reflection, no shadow, no more 'you' no more 'them'

~

• Like 1

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Most of the the time, those who reject it spend a good portion of their lives in jail/prison.

Edited by Mystic Crusader

22 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

So they don't - yet.

That takes nothing away from the validity of the idea itself.

People who believe that all life is One do not fight in any wars. The idea is utter absurd and demonstrates very nicely your lack of understanding in this matter.

And people are free to believe what they want - very true - only some beliefs lead to a peaceful world and some don't!

Hi Crazy Horse,

A lot of people have fought in wars they didn't believe in to refuse would not have been an option. Fighting to save people from oppression is why many do go to war even though it is not what they find any appeal in. There are a lot of people that talk about not fighting and their rights were gained and preserved through the blood of those that fought for them. Be interesting to see how many pacifists got armed and dangerous if they lost those privileges that they enjoy.

jmccr8 

22 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse,

A lot of people have fought in wars they didn't believe in to refuse would not have been an option. Fighting to save people from oppression is why many do go to war even though it is not what they find any appeal in. There are a lot of people that talk about not fighting and their rights were gained and preserved through the blood of those that fought for them. Be interesting to see how many pacifists got armed and dangerous if they lost those privileges that they enjoy.

jmccr8 

This is very true..

But the idea of oppression wouldn't, couldn't, exist in the minds of those who see the whole of humanity and indeed the whole of life too, as One Being. Or however an individual wishes to imagine IT.

The point is, its not so much the idea per se that is wrong, but the fact that folks are not willing to even look at it, let alone put it into practice. I constantly talk about an individuals responcibility to their self. I can only make sure that I am a good person.

So know we know what the problem is, now we can try to set things straight.

We can stop making excuses, stop blaming other stuff, stop acting in selflshly arrogant and hurtful ways - and do what is right and what will make everything better.

A simple belief put into practice really would change the world.

On 03/01/2018 at 1:12 AM, Crazy Horse said:

I still have the Internet connection for some reason, so I thought I might jot down some personal ideas of the meaning of certain words and ideas that we find in religious texts etc.. For clarity.

What is God and Spirit and spirit and Soul and soul..?

God is THE ALL. Infinite Living Mind. Everything is held within the mind of God, so not only did God create every cell, atom and sub-atomic particle, but God IS every cell, atom, and sub-atomic partical. Meaning God is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent etc. This also means that one is not only connected to God at all times, but in a very real sense, we have/are a part of God within us at all times and for ever more.

Spirit is the living, energetic manifestation of Gods will. On every plane of existence, physical, mental and Spiritual. It's the Living energetic force out-there! The Holy Spirit is like our Big Brother. Whereas spirit with the lower case s, is THAT Spirit within oneself. Same force, only different in degree. Our spirit can hook-up with THAT Spirit and basically move forwards towards Wholeness and At-One-Ness

Soul with a capital S is our over-Soul. The point right before, or right after, we differentiated into unites of divine consciousness. Ones soul within is again the same, only difference is the matter of degrees. A divine spark of God that will grow into a flame and a fire.

So what does this all mean?

It means that you have the potential power of God.

Cleansing the Earth, stilling the Waters, feeling the spaciousness interconnectivity of Air will lead to a baptism of Fire.

I am not sure i agree precisely with the specific definitions you give to the words   but you are absolutely  correct. Humans   have the potential power of gods.

In many respects we already are gods, but; young, stupid, and dangerous, ones. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I am not sure i agree precisely with the specific definitions you give to the words   but you are absolutely  correct. Humans   have the potential power of gods.

In many respects we already are gods, but; young, stupid, and dangerous, ones. 

I agree, we are on the cusp of adulthood, still young but..

Humanity, as toddlers, our Father was very strict,"Thou Shalt Not". But as we grew we began to ask questions and explore ourselves and the universe, we made mistakes pushing the boundaries so to speak, yet God became more forgiving, more understanding. But now as adults, we have to take full responcibility which some may find a very scary idea. Folks are wary of change at the best of times, and the change from one age to the next is the greatest - internally and externally.

But, if we want an end to war and poverty, an end to slavery in all of its manifestations, if we want an end to all the diseases of body, mind and spirit, if we want to live full and happy lives, full of beauty and creativity, love and light. If we want this and soooooo much more - then we must take responcibility for the past, understand it, and then fix it.

Enough folks with enough desire can do anything, especially when your goals and aspirations are aligned with love and healing.

The starting point of this Great Work, is the idea that we are all One.

• Like 1

Another word we use a lot is Ego.

So what is the difference between Ego and ego?

Well, ego is the part of Self that is experiencing life as a separate identity, or being. And therefor leads us inexorably to pain and suffering.

Whereas the Ego is THAT which see, feels and knows that all live is essentially the same. Same energy, different vibration and frequency, but arising from the same Source.

Needless to say that Ego is necessary.

On 03/01/2018 at 4:04 AM, Crazy Horse said:

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Atamarie My Friend...

This.."above" is very true..

The real truth will set you free..

Universal Law dictates that humans must be made aware of what's going on , on the Earth...

The Bible, has confusion in it, purposely put in for that reason..

The Nature and Teachings of Jesus, is the TRUTH, the Rest is Noise and Distraction.........and....

INDOCTRINATION..!!!!!

Arohanuikiakoe.. xx

Mo..xx

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Atamarie My Friend...

This.."above" is very true..

The real truth will set you free..

Universal Law dictates that humans must be made aware of what's going on , on the Earth...

The Bible, has confusion in it, purposely put in for that reason..

The Nature and Teachings of Jesus, is the TRUTH, the Rest is Noise and Distraction.........and....

INDOCTRINATION..!!!!!

Arohanuikiakoe.. xx

Mo..xx

Indeed MO..

People get put off spiritual ideas and practices because of the Established Church and the crimes committed throughout its history and right up to the present day. But thats not Jesus' fault, thats no reason as to why you cant love God and all of Gods messengers.

Religion is a business. Rome, London, Washington DC - all just business. No love or compassion, no mercy, no freedom or liberty - it cannot last, the truth is coming and it shall set us free; then we get a chance to build a life worth living.

The Light is coming - and nothing can stop it - least of all money..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Indeed MO..

People get put off spiritual ideas and practices because of the Established Church and the crimes committed throughout its history and right up to the present day. But thats not Jesus' fault, thats no reason as to why you cant love God and all of Gods messengers.

Religion is a business. Rome, London, Washington DC - all just business. No love or compassion, no mercy, no freedom or liberty - it cannot last, the truth is coming and it shall set us free; then we get a chance to build a life worth living.

The Light is coming - and nothing can stop it - least of all money..

You are Brilliant...

Everything said here is TRUTH..!!!I 

I think you explained it very well..

So awesome my friend...

You have so much.......

KNOWLEDGE..!!!!

And thankyou for sharing and teaching.

Mo..xx

• Like 1