Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Understadning this connection/attraction??

Strength

Forum

Okay so, almost 3 years ago I began experiencing a strange attraction to someone that confused the hell out of me. It was not romantic or sexual or anything like that. Whenever I thought of this person I would get this rush in my chest and I would think about them all the time!! These feelings confused me because I didn’t understand what I wanted from this person (who btw I didn’t know very well, barely knew them actually.) a few months later ( I should say that I only saw this person maybe like 5 or 6 times after I first saw them and all times didn’t last long) my feelings were so intense but not of romantic nature, but they started developing as romantic feelings, but nothing triggered that cause I don’t think I even saw them. With this change I was trying to cope with these feelings (I never felt so strongly about anyone like this before) even before the feelings got romantic they were so intense and strong that I didn’t even understand them. So, after seeing them for the last time, these feelings persisted. 

i kept trying to forget them and make myself busy with other things because nothing can ever happen. These feelings stayed with me for maybe 8 months. I started to forget them slowly and not think of them much because I started a new career so I managed to get myself a bit busy but sometimes they always remained in the back of my head. Because I never felt this way about anyone (still to this day actually) I would also sometimes compare other people to them and small things would remind me of them (I knew this person very little)

But like mainly over the years I thought way less of them and they were not taking over my life as before but if someone mentions them or I see something that relates to them, I get this feeling of yearning or longing. Then, end of October this year, I started having these feelings again and thinking about them constantly till this day actually. Nothing triggered this and I haven’t seen this person since I last saw them almost 3 years ago.

I also feel like I can’t love them because I don’t know them well enough but I have this feeling that I have so much love FOR them! 

So, I’m confused and honestly just plain tired!!! its exhausting that I can't seem to shake them off!! And would love some insight!

I thought this might be infatuation, but can infatuation last that long?

Are we karmically connected or something? Why I think that? —> because after meeting them I began getting into spirituality and I feel like we have a connection somehow and well also because I’m struggling to get them out of my mind but then again that happens to everyone with crushes so idk

Or could it be that thing where people say that you’re thinking of them because they’re thinking of you..

I’m also very into spirituality now and I grew a lot and learned a lot of stuff and I feel like I owe it all to this person, not because we talked about it or anything but because meeting them opened the floodgates to me learning about this stuff.

What do you guys think? is this something spiritual or am I just being dramatic?

It’s chemicals in your brain. Evolution fitted us with a need to procreate. It comes in different forms for different people. 

Some guys want to mate with several different women. Others get fixated on one person. 

I’m a believer in some paranormal things, but not so much when it comes to soul mates. Or psychic connections. Not to say it isn’t possible, but we do have strong chemical reactions, especially when it comes to those of the opposite sex. 

You have any chance in seeing her again? If so just go for it. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

I have thought many times about 
how humans sometimes instantly
create friendships, and suddenly falls head over heals in love with strangers.
Sometimes friendships and love
are buildt up over years... (*jazz)
We do describe stuff like that as "sweet music"
Maby its actually literal?

Since we are made up of atoms 
and atoms vibrate constantly, you
yourself are vibrating.

And if vibrations are sound, 
then the total number of vibrating
atoms in your body (you) 
are emitting a certain "key". 
That sound is unique but also a fundamental frequency that a harmonic spectrum "belongs to"
and vice versa.

Concider then that every person that emitts frequencies "in your harmonic spectrum" 
are people you will feel a
connection to / are comfortable with, 
even if you dont know them. 

You know when you hear a song on
the radio and you cant get it out 
of your head, finding your self randomly humming on that catchy refrain? It can pop into your mind out of the blue decades later...

Or when you actually have to
learn to like a song over time...(*jazz)

Maby it works the same way with
human relations...? 

Love is not only chemicals, neurons and hormones that work together then...
its two musical keys in the same harmonic spectrum, literally. 

Just a suggestion on your question
"Understadning this connection/attraction"

=)

Edited by pl1ngpl0ng
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pl1ngpl0ng said:

I have thought many times about 
how humans sometimes instantly
create friendships, and suddenly falls head over heals in love with strangers.
Sometimes friendships and love
are buildt up over years... (*jazz)
We do describe stuff like that as "sweet music"
Maby its actually literal?

Since we are made up of atoms 
and atoms vibrate constantly, you
yourself are vibrating.

And if vibrations are sound, 
then the total number of vibrating
atoms in your body (you) 
are emitting a certain "key". 
That sound is unique but also a fundamental frequency that a harmonic spectrum "belongs to"
and vice versa.

Concider then that every person that emitts frequencies "in your harmonic spectrum" 
are people you will feel a
connection to / are comfortable with, 
even if you dont know them. 

You know when you hear a song on
the radio and you cant get it out 
of your head, finding your self randomly humming on that catchy refrain? It can pop into your mind out of the blue decades later...

Or when you actually have to
learn to like a song over time...(*jazz)

Maby it works the same way with
human relations...? 

Love is not only chemicals, neurons and hormones that work together then...
its two musical keys in the same harmonic spectrum, literally. 

Just a suggestion on your question
"Understadning this connection/attraction"

=)

I really like what you wrote! Thank you for that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I could have written this exact post myself! I feel for you as I'm in the same situation. I managed to keep a lid on it for the last year as I felt I was getting no where with it. A few nights of vivid dreams of this person has brought it to the forefront of my mind now, I don't know what to do either....

Good Luck to you getting what you want out of it anyhow

Lucy