Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The End of Legal Marijuana?

Agent0range

I have considerable compassion for others because, all too often, ones life is entirely messed-up, early-on, through NO fault of our own.

• Like 4

It is truly unfortunate that those of us who suffered childhood trauma live our lives with that "twist" in our ever present mind.

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Hold on there.  If I read this correctly, it is Jeff Sessions giving Federal Prosecutors from the DOJ  the go ahead to pursue cases in states. These are the guys who prosecute federal cases in federal courts in the various states.  They have jurisdiction over federal statutes. This is not the State Attorneys General, which are state officials, not subject to Jess Sessions  DOJ  directives.  In fact it will be the state attorneys general who protest or appeal this ruling on behalf of their states.

You're right Tatetopa... I don't understand... when I first clicked on the link, the article talked about State AG's having the power to make the decision. But now the text of the article has changed. :(

Fear not the tangents of discussion...

At least one US attorneys office has told CNN they have no plans to change how they enforce marijuana laws.

Hopefully that's the attitude at all US attorneys offices. 

• Like 2

I would rather not my pilot on a commercial flight be high (or sedated) on marijuana.

What do you think?

Edited by pallidin

Surely its OK for nuclear submarine commanders to smoke pot while on-board.

Would love that my daycare providers smoke pot while watching out for my children.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pallidin said:

I would rather not my pilot on a commercial flight be high (or sedated) on marijuana.

What do you think?

I would rather my pilot/surgeon/school bus driver were actively high on marijuana than seriously hungover from alcohol. 

• Like 3

And I wonder how well a pro NFL quarterback or, say, soccer player would function after smoking a joint.

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

I would rather my pilot/surgeon/school bus driver were actively high on marijuana than seriously hungover from alcohol. 

I would rather they are neither.

• Like 3

Just now, pallidin said:

And I wonder how well a pro NFL quarterback or, say, soccer player would function after smoking a joint.

IDK if you're into football but what was possibly the greatest season ever put together by a wide receiver happened while that receiver was stoned. 

2013 14 87 159 1,646 18.9 95 9 64 0 0
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

I would rather they are neither.

Me too but I would argue the level of impairment is worse with a hangover than with marijuana consumption .........of course that said I'm pretty sure no one in history has ever stepped on an airplane where the pilot wasn't hungover :lol:

Sobriety is a norm in a functional society.

Intoxication, where motor skills are seriously inhibited, is looked at with much disdain for clear reasons.

• Like 1

It is well known that marijuana causes a "dumb-down"; slower reactions and muddled thoughts.

Don't want that with my pilot or surgeon.

• Like 1

A NASCAR driver having just smoked a joint? He can forget winning.

9 hours ago, Michelle said:

It is and always has been against federal law. States can't actually make it legal. All they really do is turn a blind eye to it. They could have been arrested at any time. Pot shops cannot have bank accounts and any transactions have to made by cash or money order since banks operate under the FDIC.

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-abcarian-cannabis-cash-20170129-story.html

To me this has everything to do with states rights. If the fed needed a amendment to ban alcohol, then they need an amendment to ban pot. This entire war on drugs has been nothing more then a massive over reach of power  

Seems to me the states should have the only say on the matter. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

To me this has everything to do with states rights. If the fed needed a amendment to ban alcohol, then they need an amendment to ban pot. This entire war on drugs has been nothing more then a massive over reach of power  

Seems to me the states should have the only say on the matter. 

The health and functioning of citizens must be the priority, not appeasing drug-use activists.

No-one has EVER made a better world by constantly using drugs. No-one. 

They destroy themselves and their family.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, pallidin said:

The health and functioning of citizens must be the priority, not appeasing drug-use activists.

Freedom must be priority. And what do you mean? The damn federal government loves bowing to drug companies, and letting them shell out all kinds of horrible drugs. Legalizing pot cuts into drug company profits. Its the ONLY reason the fed cracks down on pot.

Where the hell was the federal government when doctors were dumping tons of opioids on the public(and still are), effectively sky rocketing the use of heroin? Oh that's right, they were protecting poppy fields in Afgan that supplied most of it.  

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Responsible adults do not destroy themselves by smoking pot. That's ridiculous. Its much better then say Xanax, or even Jack Daniels. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 6

52 minutes ago, pallidin said:

So then you're for outlawing alcohol? Why stop there I mean we have a national diabetes epidemic shouldn't we outlaw sugar? Tobacco is still legal and it actually kills people. 

At some point you have to let people be free. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

So then you're for outlawing alcohol? Why stop there I mean we have a national diabetes epidemic shouldn't we outlaw sugar? Tobacco is still legal and it actually kills people. 

At some point you have to let people be free. 

You know, I read ingredients very closely when buying foods. There are tons of foods that have small, but unneeded amounts of sugar. It almost makes me wonder whether food companies are in cahoots with pharmaceutical  companies to keep diabetes alive and kicking subtlety, or whether they just have wall street investments in  pharmaceutical  companies. Either way and they could profit. If you leave your health to the food industries without reading ingredients, it can be costly in the long run.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pallidin said:

The other kinds of 'Pilots'

~

How do Fighter Pilots Remain Awake in the Cockpit? | Van Winkle's

Jul 26, 2016 - Speed, meth and new-age smart pills have all made their way into pilots' hands. In fact, Uncle Sam handed them the substances. As the demands on pilots only continue to increase, the search for ever-more powerful additives continues. Here's a look at how aviators have learned to stay sharp under the ...
~

U.S. Combat Pilots on Speed - ABC News

abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123778
Dec 20, 2002 - Preliminary court-martial proceedings begin next month against two U.S. fighter pilots involved in a tragic incident over Afghanistan that cost four lives and exposed a little-known fact about the way America fights its long-distance air wars. Majs. Harry Schmidt and William Umbach are facing up to 64 years ...
~

May 31, 2013 - And almost immediately, the German army physiologist Otto Ranke realized its military value: not only could the methamphetamine compound keep fighters (pilots, in particular) alert on little sleep; it could also keep an entire military force feeling euphoric. Meth, Spiegel puts it, "was the ideal war drug.".

~

• Like 3

5 hours ago, pallidin said:

That's quite a statement. Ever hear of a little Indie band called Led Zepplin? How about the Rolling Stones? The Beatles?

All that great music from the 60's/70's that is STILL held in high regard today did not come from a place of sobriety. It was arguably the greatest time for music ever and also a time when drug use was at it's peak. Go figure.

Drugs have their place. How about the medical applications? Psilocybin mushrooms are about to go mainstream in the psychiatric world as they have been shown to be incredibly effective at treating PTSD (when supervised by a Psychiatrist). Many clinical trials with vets have been done with astonishing results. Can you imagine replacing 10 different medications with one all natural cure? Medical Cannabis patients are doing just that, as are the patients undergoing the "mushroom therapy". It can also be used to quit smoking with just 2 or 3 Doctor supervised "trips".  

Don't be a "Jeff Sessions" and write all these benefits off just because some people have addiction issues.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, pallidin said:

and they do it  now regardless of drugs being illegal, the legalization is not for them, but for the rest of us, to get us rid of gangs, violence around distribution, and police using excuse to harass, rob and sometimes kill innocents,  oh yea, and entire prison industry 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 6