Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic courses for children comes under fire

Still Waters

On 1/6/2018 at 2:26 AM, preacherman76 said:

I don’t know rashore. I’ve seen doctors do  prescribe some pretty horrific drugs when it comes to depression, or anxiety. I think the holistic way in many of these cases are much better then the drug company way. 

Some doctors do prescribe heavy, and sometimes people can benefit from a more holistic approach... But one shouldn't drop the doctor entirely in favor of only using a holistic approach IMO. I think this for a couple reasons. I think a medical professional is part of health first and foremost because they are usually better trained than most of us. If a person has a script heavy doctor and don't like that approach, they potentially can find another doctor that is willing and able to accommodate that.

And also... say there was one of those miracle cases where meditation cured cancer or something like that. Without medical documentation to track the case and prove what happened was indeed a remission through meditation... all we got is a story someone says happened without any hard evidence to prove it. If we are going to ever get that holy grail of proof so many people argue about around here- it needs to be better documented than someone just saying they did it, it needs to be properly documented by a medical professional.

A bit less fantastic than a cure for cancer... and back more to the depression and ADHD stuff. I think some of the psychic practices of meditation can be helpful for some people. But a person shouldn't skip the doctor entirely- they should work with their doctor to track and hopefully help resolve the problem.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, rashore said:

Some doctors do prescribe heavy, and sometimes people can benefit from a more holistic approach... But one shouldn't drop the doctor entirely in favor of only using a holistic approach IMO. I think this for a couple reasons. I think a medical professional is part of health first and foremost because they are usually better trained than most of us. If a person has a script heavy doctor and don't like that approach, they potentially can find another doctor that is willing and able to accommodate that.

And also... say there was one of those miracle cases where meditation cured cancer or something like that. Without medical documentation to track the case and prove what happened was indeed a remission through meditation... all we got is a story someone says happened without any hard evidence to prove it. If we are going to ever get that holy grail of proof so many people argue about around here- it needs to be better documented than someone just saying they did it, it needs to be properly documented by a medical professional.

A bit less fantastic than a cure for cancer... and back more to the depression and ADHD stuff. I think some of the psychic practices of meditation can be helpful for some people. But a person shouldn't skip the doctor entirely- they should work with their doctor to track and hopefully help resolve the problem.

Yea I can agree with that. Just please be careful people. Last thing you want is to be addicted to mind altering drugs. There was a guy on here not long ago who at first thought they had some kinda haunting going on, or something like that, I don't remember the exact details. Apparently they took advice from some folks on here, and came back happily proclaiming they believed it was a stress induced hallucination after seeing a doctor, and things were gonna be solved through Xanax.   

Now maybe it was a stress induced hallucination, but I hardly think Xanax is the answer. If you have ever seen anyone try to get off Xanax, you'd know what I mean. It can be as bad as heroin withdraw. And more often then not people begin to abuse them over time, and look like they are walking around drunk all day. It's awful.

Edited by preacherman76