Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do people believe the bible?

bigjim36

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

And i don't mind those sort of questions, I can appreciate them and do my best to answer them.  But i don't see myself bragging, by any definition of the word  I've never made up or exaggerated any story about myself  Never had to. 

You are a braggadaccio, and will carry on as a braggadaccio.

And you do exaggerate that is stretch a story to the limits of believability, possibly for effect.

I think you use hyperbole for effect too. 

I am not calling you a liar though for the record. 

In some parts of the forum the literary devices you use to draw a crowd would be seen as a good thing, such as, the writers hang out. 

In the S vrs. S section not so much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

" I have no need to impress anyone else. I am impressed enough with myself :)" ( Walker).

Exactly, this is his point. Hence the reason he used ostentatious to describe you. Lol  

And, I would go further to add you seek to share as much as possible, how impressive you think you are. 

It is not true that you don't care what others think because you spend a lot of time defending, explaining, aka known as denying you care, when you do. 

That was humour Sher, but also truth.  I don't have any NEED to impress anyone else.

I am an egotistical narcissist totally self absorbed and self gratified and vindicated :) Thus, what others think, is irrelevant (More humour in case you missed it ) 

I share.

How impressive i am (or unimpressive)  will always be in the mind of the reader.

However, the number of people who say the y do not BELIEVE my stories about my life  are true, makes me think the y WOULD find them embarrassingly impressive if true, and thus choose to simply deny them  :) 

10 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You are a braggadaccio, and will carry on as a braggadaccio.

And you do exaggerate that is stretch a story to the limits of believability, possibly for effect.

I think you use hyperbole for effect too. 

In some parts of the forum the literary devices you use to draw a crowd would be seen as a good thing, such as, the writers hang out. 

In the S vrs. S section not so much. 

The first statement is your subjective opinion.

The second statement is factually incorrect 

I haven't exaggerated anything in my life. The problem lies with your abilty to accept that other people live different lives. heck there are a lot of stories as yet untold ( eg I haven't yet mentioned my time selling pottery made by Carmelite nuns from their nunnery in Adelaide) 

Going out with a girl can bring you a whole lot of new life experiences, but i never expected to become a  pottery salesman in a nunnery, nor a bookmakers assistant, as result  of dating catholic girls  :)

Edited by Mr Walker

12 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Another classic !

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

That was humour Sher, but also truth.  I don't have any NEED to impress anyone else.

I am an egotistical narcissist totally self absorbed and self gratified and vindicated :) Thus, what others think, is irrelevant (More humour in case you missed it ) 

I share.

How impressive i am (or unimpressive)  will always be in the mind of the reader.

However, the number of people who say the y do not BELIEVE my stories about my life  are true, makes me think the y WOULD find them embarrassingly impressive if true, and thus choose to simply deny them  :) 

You care very much what posters think. If you don’t it sure isn’t apparent. 

I genuinely think you are not sure why you generate a lot of conflict.

I think it is hard to hear and a dissonance that in Whyalla you are a beloved person by all that know you and yet you struggle online. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, third_eye said:

It is not slander when you so shamelessly pander to the lowest available denominator ... consider all things as stood and delivered

See if you can work "obfuscation" into your next word jumble, it is quite your forte !

Just now, Habitat said:

See if you can work "obfuscation" into your next word jumble, it is quite your forte !

You givin' out prizes again ?

~

• Like 1

Reminds me of two moths, circling the same flame, each absolutely certain the other is following them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Reminds me of two moths, circling the same flame, each absolutely certain the other is following them. 

Absolutely mesmerizing and in some way ... cripplingly sinister

:lol:

~

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Absolutely mesmerizing and in some way ... cripplingly sinister

:lol:

~

It's a verbal Rorschach Test. Not all will see the same two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You care very much what posters think. If you don’t it sure isn’t apparent. 

I genuinely think you are not sure why you generate a lot of conflict.

I think it is hard to hear and a dissonance that in Whyalla you are a beloved person by all that know you and yet you struggle online. 

You dont actually READ my posts do you . I taught in whyalla from 1974 to 1982 at a school of 1200 students  from  over a 100 different countries  

After that i taught in a smaller school  (about 300 students) and community for another  33 years and then retired to a third small country town  Both these country communities are about 45 minutes drive from  the small regional city where i was born educated and raised 

I dont struggle online lol There are just a lot of weird people here with weird and yet very limited world views   :) 

Also this is A PLACE for debate  and even argument.

I know why i "create" conflict.

i argue for  unpopular or alternative  ideas and (some)  people don't like them.

Some don't like being challenged.

Others  don't want to hear different; views beliefs values and priorities.

They don't want to think hard  or be challenged in their comfortable lives.

if there were no differences of opinion there would be no conflict, but it also promotes learning, growth, understanding and development,  to debate  ideas and different values 

Ps i am loved, honoured and respected.

That doesn't mean by all, although most  at least like me and repect my character .  But enough; love, honour, and respect me, for me to   know i am on the right track. 

Edited by Mr Walker

11 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You givin' out prizes again ?

~

Go and read a Batman comic with the "riddler" in it, for further inspiration !

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

It's a verbal Rorschach Test. Not all will see the same two.

As ever, what will always remain is the same candle ...

~

Just now, Habitat said:

Go and read a Batman comic with the "riddler" in it, for further inspiration !

I don't have to, you remind me enough of the Penguin for all the inspiration I need.

~

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

As ever, what will always remain is the same candle ...

~

Ah, but do they see the same candle.....?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

is there really a candle, or is the light from their own inner glow ? :)   

Clearly ?

It has been suggested that the candle is what makes the flame eternal, moths on the other hand, comes and goes.

Sadly for the moths, the Sun will always be too far away to find out ...

~

:yes:

~

Just now, Mr Walker said:

is there really a candle, or is the light from their own inner glow ? :)   

Sometimes it's like watching a deaf mute blindfolded and a blind man with ears muffled, sparring in the ring.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I don't have to, you remind me enough of the Penguin for all the inspiration I need.

~

Still running second all the time ! 

22 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

The first statement is your subjective opinion.

The second statement is factually incorrect 

I haven't exaggerated anything in my life. The problem lies with your abilty to accept that other people live different lives. heck there are a lot of stories as yet untold ( eg I haven't yet mentioned my time selling pottery made by Carmelite nuns from their nunnery in Adelaide) 

Going out with a girl can bring you a whole lot of new life experiences, but i never expected to become a  pottery salesman in a nunnery, nor a bookmakers assistant, as result  of dating catholic girls  :)

Why would I have an issue accepting others lead different lives than me? 

I have read the majority of your posts and you do brag and find humility to be a flaw. 

You brag, own it! Lol 

When could you have done all this if you were a teacher, counselor, tutor, and foster parent for 60 years, not saying you didn’t just wondering when?

• Haha 2

Just now, Habitat said:

Still running second all the time ! 

Chasing your own tail does not entail running. it is not really chasing either, but then that will always be a logic quite  ..-. .. . -. -.. .. ... .... .-.. -.--  lost on you.

~

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Chasing your own tail does not entail running. it is not really chasing either, but then that will always be a logic quite  ..-. .. . -. -.. .. ... .... .-.. -.--  lost on you.

~

"incoherent absurdity", by gawd, sherapy has got you pegged !

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Sometimes it's like watching a deaf mute blindfolded and a blind man with ears muffled, sparring in the ring.

Oh yeah I love that show,  especially when one bloke fills his sock with a cricket ball, instead of a tennis ball, or other rolled up socks . 

I think it's called "kerthunk" 

6 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Oh yeah I love that show,  especially when one bloke fills his sock with a cricket ball, instead of a tennis ball, or other rolled up socks . 

I think it's called "kerthunk" 

Not familiar to me. The point is to use the sense both have in common; the sense of smell to gauge the proximity of the opponent. The tactile senses to feel the rush of displaced air from missed blows and the vibration through the feet of the other's passage. The easy and apparent being denied them, the one best able to use what's left, wins.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Maybe.

I think i just frustrate them.

i wont go away. I wont shut up, and i wont be swayed by bullying or  harassment. 

While some are debatable, all my factual  points are arguable, using scientific sources,  and all my personal anecdotes are true  

Look; I can understand a certain legitimacy with people who disbelieve some things are possible; first because the y have never experienced them and second because, in today's materialist culture spiritual matters are uncool. 

But if the y keep their minds closed, they will go to their graves knowing nothing more than the y do now. 

Being bullied or harassed is in your own mind with your self professed ability to transcend all negative thought or self defeating interpretation why not apply it, end of issue,

How narscissitic to think you have some thing so important to tell that by not  telling it would render lives meaningless, otherwise. If I didn’t know better I would say this is a Walkerian slip. 

In otherwords, we must listen to the great and powerful Walker or he will bully and harass us incessantly. Lol 

For the majority, you have nothing to teach. 

Get over it, end of issue this way too. 

You choose the posts you do and do not respond to. 

Edited by Sherapy

• The topic was locked