Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragons are real!

DraconicInvestigator

Just now, Piney said:

The dragon started its existence as "Azi" the wolf headed serpent of the Proto-Indo Iranian mythos. He was carried East by Scythians and West by the Sarmatians. It then evolved into the various mythological entities that we read about now. 

It was adopted by the Turkic speaking Cumans whose descendants then used it for the symbol of their knightly order "Order of the Dragon" and it was probably adopted by the Welsh and English from Sarmatian Laeti  settled in Britain.

I've heard before that we got it from the Samatian auxiliaries but I remain doubtful about this. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DraconicInvestigator said:

But it doesn't make it false either. Especially given how consistent these sightings are, the fact sea dragons were taken seriously on LiveScience by posting an article about how they're hunting for sea dragons (the mythical reptilian kind) in Alaska, and how there's been multiple witnesses at once all describing the dragon with a 10-15 foot tall neck. 

Actually it says two guys are going to look for something. The 'they' you refer two are two guys looking on their own.

• Like 2

Gorillas and giant squid were thought to be completely fake and ridiculous too, y'know. All they had was depictions and eyewitness sightings. 

Actually they had sucker marks and skins and it wasn't that long that they were found.

• Like 1

They thought giant squid and the Okapi were ridiculous too until they were finally discovered.

Now you mention the okapi. They had a piece of skin. It was found in a short period time despite it being rare.

• Like 2

So where do you go to investigate dragons, Draconic?

Are there especially good spots for that?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

So where do you go to investigate dragons, Draconic?

Are there especially good spots for that?

main-qimg-74366c73c9fbafe254c2455fb32d01

Here perhaps?

• Like 6

He's just not speaking to me anymore.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2018 at 10:24 PM, DebDandelion said:

On 1/6/2018 at 7:12 AM, Piney said:

The dragon started its existence as "Azi" the wolf headed serpent of the Proto-Indo Iranian mythos. He was carried East by Scythians and West by the Sarmatians. It then evolved into the various mythological entities that we read about now. 

It was adopted by the Turkic speaking Cumans whose descendants then used it for the symbol of their knightly order "Order of the Dragon" and it was probably adopted by the Welsh and English from Sarmatian Laeti  settled in Britain.

I cried the day the dragon died.

Wait...sorry...I cried the day the music died.

I love the whole idea of dragons....I think everything I know of dragons probably came from reading The Trilogy of JRR Tolkein.

You actually know all that stuff don't you?  Of course you do!  :tu:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, joc said:

I cried the day the dragon died.

Wait...sorry...I cried the day the music died.

I love the whole idea of dragons....I think everything I know of dragons probably came from reading The Trilogy of JRR Tolkein.

You actually know all that stuff don't you?  Of course you do!  :tu:

Hey, I remember about 10 years ago, even though I was always dead smashed on here, trying to drink the memory of my eldest out of existence. We didn't get along so well. Is it because I'm stone cold sober now or did that crazy cow pony of yours toss you on your brain case. :lol:

I love Tolkien! :tu:

• Like 2

People believing in dragons. Who'd have thought? Reminds me of the days when Draconic_Chronicler was running around on here, derailing every thread to be about dragons.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Podo said:

People believing in dragons. Who'd have thought? Reminds me of the days when Draconic_Chronicler was running around on here, derailing every thread to be about dragons.

and Frogfish kicked his intellectual butt every time.....

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

and Frogfish kicked his intellectual butt every time.....

1e8da0914ebf6566a626746166c9512d1289d3d2

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Podo said:

The good ole days! lol

• Like 2

I can't believe this thread made 11 pages. There must be a science to it, how some specific types of threads receive tons of posts and others, in this similar specific category, don't. I'm curious to learn more about the psychology behind this phenomena.

10 hours ago, NightScreams said:

I can't believe this thread made 11 pages. There must be a science to it, how some specific types of threads receive tons of posts and others, in this similar specific category, don't. I'm curious to learn more about the psychology behind this phenomena.

It's always the dumbest threads that drag out. It must be because of their entertainment value.

• Like 1

I saw a dragon last night.......it was in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

The OP has gone very quiet in this thread, nothing further added in 10 days.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2018 at 6:45 AM, Piney said:

It's always the dumbest threads that drag out. It must be because of their entertainment value.

Ah, that makes sense. 

**Note to self: 

1. Create dumb threads = popular. Profit
  2. Don't forget to pick up toilet paper at Walgreens which is on sale this week. Profit
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

1. Don't forget to pick up toilet paper at Walgreens which is on sale this week. Profit

Pick up some for me, too. My dragon is not yet potty trained and I blow through that stuff like crazy.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Pick up some for me, too. My dragon is not yet potty trained and I blow through that stuff like crazy.

Lmao. Made my day

• Like 2