Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragons are real!

DraconicInvestigator

A lot of people don't know that Gorillas and Giant squid were ''mythical'' and their existence was scoffed at until scientists discovered them in the 1900's. But when people talk about dragons (both the winged dragons and the giant Japanese water dragon type) they say they're mythical and fictional. Why?

There's also a case where a boy was 2 miles out to sea with friends then was later found on a beach alone. When he got back and woke up, he told authorities a giant dragon with a 12 foot tall neck had killed them one by one.

1962 account from the survivor,Edward Brian McCleary http://cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/ss-death/

If dragons aren't real then what happened? (There's news archives and death records that prove those 4 teenagers really did die that day)

Dragon with four legs and a pair of wings snatches traveler

There is another similar account of dragon related fatalities, this time in the late 1800's about how a winged dragon with 4 legs snatched one of the travelers. The travelers said they tried to place the dragon's head over a fire to get it to release the traveller, but instead it flew up with the traveller still in its mouth and dove into Lake Chelan where it wasn't seen again.

http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2014/06/the-lake-chelan-dragon.html

These people are all describing the same reptilian creature with a 12-15 foot tall neck. No scientifically known oceanic reptile looks like the way these people are describing. The plesiosaur, which went extinct 65 million years ago, had a neck that was far too stiff and did not look very draconic in nature, so we can rule relic plesiosaurs out.

Likewise, the people describing land dragons couldn't have mis identified a crocodile as a dragon, like many skeptics claim. That's insulting the intelligence of the people who said they saw them. Also, they ignore key traits in the descriptions given that can rule out mis identification with a scientifically known animal, such as the existence of six limbs (4 legs and a pair of wings which makes 6 limbs total).

There are more dragon sightings, including Bill and Bob Clark who have seen a 150 foot long reptilian sea dragon enter San Fransisco Bay.  http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1098 (they also have their own site. Google ''sfseaserpent'' as that is a common alias that they use. They have made tens of thousands of posting over the last 13 years on hundreds of websites.)They starred on an 'Animal X' documentary and have multiple sightings including one where the dragon crashed on some rocks and they touched the dragon's tail! They describe the animal as having a long vertical neck 10-15 feet tall. Now, no scientifically known oceanic reptile has a 15 foot tall neck that sticks vertically out of the water, and yet dragon legends and drawings show just that. What's more is these dragon sightings are very consistent between each other, from the fin, horns and mane on the back of the head, and fish-like fins on a reptilian body. 

Because I believe in dragons, I've received a HECK lotta abuse from skeptics who won't even read my post. Apparently believing that there's large reptiles yet to be discovered means I'm 5 years old. XD

Edited by DraconicInvestigator
  • Like 2

I want one.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I want one.

If we go by the accounts of dragon encounters, they are not friendly at all towards humans. Take the case of Edward McCleary and the Lake Chelan dragon for example. From these accounts we can conclude dragons most likely view humans as prey items. 

Just now, DraconicInvestigator said:

If we go by the accounts of dragon encounters, they are not friendly at all towards humans. Take the case of Edward McCleary and the Lake Chelan dragon for example. From these accounts we can conclude dragons most likely view humans as prey items. 

Yeah, but I'm a Reptilian.

I'll excuse you because you're obviously new.

(That's a joke, but someone on here did insinuate that I must be one). 

• Like 5

I could always try chaos magick on one. Maybe I could charm it, somehow.

I want a unicorn. Or perhaps be a unicorn. May I be a unicorn?

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Yeah, but I'm a Reptilian.

I'll excuse you because you're obviously new.

(That's a joke, but someone on here did insinuate that I must be one). 

That's right confuse the Earth humans, so that they don't catch on to our plan! The safest hiding place is in plain sight!

All hail the Reptilian Lord of the Twin Moons!

• Like 3

I would prefer silver, black or purple, but I'll take a green one in a pinch. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

I want a unicorn. Or perhaps be a unicorn. May I be a unicorn?

That's right confuse the Earth humans, so that they don't catch on to our plan! The safest hiding place is in plain sight!

All hail the Reptilian Lord of the Twin Moons!

Shhhh.

You're supposed to be invisible.

And pink. 

• Like 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

This thread feels familiar. Very familiar. Like we've had this "Dragons are real" discussion before.

I just wanna put in my order early just in case.

• Like 1

I got here first.

Let it be known.

Just now, XenoFish said:

This thread feels familiar. Very familiar. Like we've had this "Dragons are real" discussion before.

Well dragons are a popular cryptid, for the same reason there's lots of Bigfoot threads. 

2 minutes ago, DraconicInvestigator said:

Well dragons are a popular cryptid, for the same reason there's lots of Bigfoot threads. 

No that's not it at all. I remember a thread just like this. It ended up being either locked, deleted, or just abandoned. The discussion lead into dragons just being imaginary or misunderstood fossils. Something like that. The OP of that thread left UM afterwards. This feels the same. Same premise, everything.

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No that's not it at all. I remember a thread just like this. It ended up being either locked, deleted, or just abandoned. The discussion lead into dragons just being imaginary or misunderstood fossils. Something like that. The OP of that thread left UM afterwards. This feels the same. Same premise, everything.

Well, people should be open minded about things. Who is to say we've discovered every single animal? Dragons are less imaginary when you consider the case of Edward McCleary. Something imaginary does not lead to the death of 4 people. 

You could say the same about bigfoot, that Native Americans when they were in Asia discovered gigantopithecus fossils and then made up a similar creature living in the United States. Yet, sightings of bigfoot remain so it's silly to just dismiss the idea entirely. 

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What was will be, what will be was. Look and see me, how I sparkle. I'm the Last Unicorn.

Yes we had the thread before, I remember I explained there that large, carnivorous, fire breathing reptilians featuring active flight would be very difficult to overlook. And that they can look at dinosaurs for "real dragons" or that they can adopt that line from that Doctor Who Christmas Special that everything humanity has invented exists somewhere in the Omniverse. Just not on Earth.  

Now please excuse me I have to shatter pink stars with my horn to the tune of an 80s synth pop song.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 4

Well, people should be open minded about things. Who is to say we've discovered every single animal? Dragons are less imaginary when you consider the case of Edward McCleary. Something imaginary does not lead to the death of 4 people. 

You could say the same about bigfoot. 

Being imaginary is one thing. Good plot device for a fantasy or even sci-fi story. However the jury is out on real dragons.

5 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

What was will be, what will be was. Look and see me, how I sparkle. I'm the Last Unicorn.

Yes we had the thread before, I remember I explained there that large, carnivorous, fire breathing reptilians featuring active flight would be very difficult to overlook. And that they can look at dinosaurs for "real dragons" or that they can adopt that line from that Doctor Who Christmas Special that everything humanity has invented exists somewhere in the Omniverse. Just not on Earth.  

What about sea dragons? We've only explored 5% of the oceans and there are many sea dragon sightings. Who is to rule out there could be big reptilian dragons like Edward McCleary (and others) have described? The sightings are all very consistent, and describe the same reptile with the 15 foot tall neck. No scientifically-recognized oceanic reptile has a 15 foot tall neck that stands up vertically out of the water like a swan. The plesiosaur can be ruled out since its neck was far too stiff to lift out of the surface of the water to any significant degree, and plesiosaurs don't look too draconic. It's hard to dismiss all the sightings as mis identification this way. It's also going out on a limb to dismiss every sighting as a lie, especially the Edward McCleary case where there are public records and newspapers showing the 4 boys really were killed by something that day out to sea.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/13346700

https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gl=allgs&gss=sfs28_ms_r_f-2_s&new=1&rank=1&gsfn=Eric&gsfn_x=1&gsln=Ruyle&gsln_x=1&msypn__ftp=Florida%2C USA&msypn=12&msypn_PInfo=5-|0|1652393|0|2|0|12|0|0|0|0|0|&msypn_x=PAS&msypn__ftp_x=1&cp=0&catbucket=rstp&MSAV=0&uidh=000

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This might be why I have that familiarity feeling.

Well, for one I don't think the government is hiding dragons, I just think they are cryptids yet to be discovered. The world is vast and so are the oceans. I also provided cases of people seeing or being killed by dragons, which also includes verification (newspapers and death records by the Social Security Death Index (SSDI) that shows those people really died. 

7 minutes ago, DraconicInvestigator said:

Well, for one I don't think the government is hiding dragons, I just think they are cryptids yet to be discovered. The world is vast and so are the oceans. I also provided cases of people seeing or being killed by dragons, which also includes verification (newspapers and death records by the Social Security Death Index (SSDI) that shows those people really died. 

I didn't say you did. I was just pointing out that I felt like I've seen this thread before. No worries. I'm bowing out of this. Hope you get a good discussion going with other members.

4 minutes ago, DraconicInvestigator said:

What about sea dragons? We've only explored 5% of the oceans and there are many sea dragon sightings. Who is to rule out there could be big reptilian dragons like Edward McCleary (and others) have described? The sightings are all very consistent, and describe the same reptile with the 15 foot tall neck. No scientifically-recognized oceanic reptile has a 15 foot tall neck that stands up vertically out of the water like a swan. The plesiosaur can be ruled out since its neck was far too stiff to lift out of the surface of the water to any significant degree, and plesiosaurs don't look too draconic. It's hard to dismiss all the sightings as mis identification this way. It's also going out on a limb to dismiss every sighting as a lie, especially the Edward McCleary case where there are public records and newspapers showing the 4 boys really were killed by something that day out to sea.

Oh man imperial measurements...what's a poor European unicorn to do... lesse, 4.5 meters.

If you look at my post (and my post in the older thread), I was strictly speaking about the fire breathing kind with active flying. They would be very, very difficult to overlook in our increasingly populated world. 

Large sea snakes or some plesiosaur thing is indeed possible. Keep in mind however that creatures at sea have a notorious history of being misidentified (especially in size), large bundles of kelp and algae have already been mistken for a "sea serpent" and sea turtles have been mistaken for plesiosaurs.
The plesiosaur would also have the added problem that we do not have any fossil record of them after the K/T extinction event and no living relatives, as far as we know. With giant squid we had little squid, for example. With that gigantic jellyfish we discovered some years back, we had little jellyfish. 
With the supposed plesiosaur we have...nothing in the last 65 million years.

3 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Oh man imperial measurements...what's a poor European unicorn to do... lesse, 4.5 meters.

If you look at my post (and my post in the older thread), I was strictly speaking about the fire breathing kind with active flying. They would be very, very difficult to overlook in our increasingly populated world. 

Large sea snakes or some plesiosaur thing is indeed possible. Keep in mind however that creatures at sea have a notorious history of being misidentified (especially in size), large bundles of kelp and algae have already been mistken for a "sea serpent" and sea turtles have been mistaken for plesiosaurs.
The plesiosaur would also have the added problem that we do not have any fossil record of them after the K/T extinction event and no living relatives, as far as we know. With giant squid we had little squid, for example. With that gigantic jellyfish we discovered some years back, we had little jellyfish. 
With the supposed plesiosaur we have...nothing in the last 65 million years.

The Lake Chelan dragon was the 4 legged, winged kind, and wasn't seen breathing fire. The breathing fire part is probably a myth.

As for sea dragons, plesiosaurs had stiff necks that could not be lifted swan-like out of the water. Also, the sightings describe the body as being like that of a Japanese or Chinese dragon, and plesiosaurs did not have that kind of body.

The sightings are describing this;

02fdcadff878a04b55d961ab52ddc4a2--sea-dr

Note the vertically undulating coils and fish like fins along the back. Most if not all sightings describe the same vertically undulating reptilian animal with a neck that sticks vertically from the surface of the water, like in the artist's picture up there.

The Lake Chelan dragon was the 4 legged, winged kind, and wasn't seen breathing fire. The breathing fire part is probably a myth.

It's "probably" all a myth.

But believe what makes you happy, however just as you won't be convinced, you will not convince us to give consideration to a whole class of undiscovered, large reptilians with active flight.

I'm out of here as well. I have to chase moon beams.

3 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

It's "probably" all a myth.

But believe what makes you happy, however just as you won't be convinced, you will not convince us to give consideration to a whole class of undiscovered, large reptilians with active flight.

I'm out of here as well. I have to chase moon beams.

It isn't a myth considering Edward McCleary's friends really died that day at sea. There are newspaper records and also Social Security Death Index records listing all 4 of them dying on the same day.   Mythical animals can't kill people.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/13346700

https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gl=allgs&gss=sfs28_ms_r_f-2_s&new=1&rank=1&gsfn=Eric&gsfn_x=1&gsln=Ruyle&gsln_x=1&msypn__ftp=Florida%2C USA&msypn=12&msypn_PInfo=5-|0|1652393|0|2|0|12|0|0|0|0|0|&msypn_x=PAS&msypn__ftp_x=1&cp=0&catbucket=rstp&MSAV=0&uidh=000

The dead boys were Eric Ruyle, Brad Rice, Warren Felley and Larry Bill, all from nearby Fort Walton Beach FL. 

Dragons are real?  Oh boy....and to think we have to come to a thread to discover that. Why didnt David Attenborough....you know, the world famous guy who always shows us stuff in the sea's and jungles, telling us this?

Why is it news found only on crypto websites with dubious authors?  Why doesnt the news go mainstream?

Surely theres not a worldwide conspiracy to cover up Dragons, along with Aliens and UFO's?

• Like 4