Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are UFO images always so bad?

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Unfortunately, there are some who really believe it.

In the past if you said we will go to the moon, people would never had thought it posible..but...the thing is, they all knew the moon was real and as new invensions by man were being made, the possibility was always there.

But with this alien thing, we know there is highly likely to be life out there, but as for aliens visiting Earth in spaceships, there has been nothing to even imply this has happened, meteors yes, alien spaceships...no.

yep-- good words

as Ive said sooooo many times..... space....is so mind numbingly big....and travel across space takes TIME....lots of it.....

even at the speed of light it will take 100,000 years to cross the galaxy.....and thats just....our galaxy.... there are at least 100 Billion other galaxies...probably more

http://www.physics.org/facts/sand-galaxies.asp

20 minutes ago, seeder said:

as Ive said sooooo many times..... space....is so mind numbingly big....and travel across space takes TIME....lots of it.....

even at the speed of light it will take 100,000 years to cross the galaxy.....and thats just....our galaxy.... there are at least 100 Billion other galaxies...probably more

http://www.physics.org/facts/sand-galaxies.asp

Well IMO that's not the point here dear chap= why do folk assume other life forms are sooo far away?

If they are: why do folk assume the tech to get here does not exist?

Personally I'd say it's quite possible other life forms have visited this planet in the past or indeed are here now. All I've ever said is:

the evidence put forward so far over the past 80+ doesn't make me feel it's real!

What do we know?? We know nothing=== there could be other intelligent/ sentient life existing in our solar system for all we know. What will us humans be capable of in 50/100/500 years time?

Other intelligent/ sentient life existing in our solar system could well have the capability to come here if they're just technically 500 years more advanced than us......

Just saying it as I see it............

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

I'm a government agent.

LOOOLL!!!

haha hahaha...Nice one..

YES..

I heard this too..!!

Mo..xx

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

Well IMO that's not the point here dear chap= why do folk assume other life forms are sooo far away?

If they are: why do folk assume the tech to get here does not exist?

Personally I'd say it's quite possible other life forms have visited this planet in the past or indeed are here now. All I've ever said is:

the evidence put forward so far over the past 80+ doesn't make me feel it's real!

What do we know?? We know nothing=== there could be other intelligent/ sentient life existing in our solar system for all we know. What will us humans be capable of in 50/100/500 years time?

Other intelligent/ sentient life existing in our solar system could well have the capability to come here if they're just technically 500 years more advanced than us......

Just saying it as I see it............

so look up:    Can a biological body withstand light speed? Never-mind read this snippet and then read the link

The Air Force's F-16 can produce more g's than the human body can survive.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/star-wars-science-light-speed/

So...we already have the technology to kill ourselves with speed.....and that tech is way way way way slower than space travel will need to be

Next, lets assume we can get up to light speed....how much energy is needed to do that?  Google that for yourself... with all respect

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seeder said:

so look up:    Can a biological body withstand light speed? Never-mind read this snippet and then read the link

So...we already have the technology to kill ourselves with speed.....and that tech is way way way way slower than space travel will need to be

Next, lets assume we can get up to light speed....how much energy is needed to do that?  Google that for yourself... with all respect

With all due respect:

you've no idea what us humans will be capable of in 50 years time, let alone 500.... 

• Like 2

Just now, Dejarma said:

With all due respect:

you've no idea what us humans will be capable of in 50 years time, let alone 500.... 

OH really?   Modern man has barely changed since we were apeman, thats nearly a quarter of a million years.......its totally unlikely to change any more in 50 or 500 years time

Let me make this easy for you

Lets assume you drive and have a car....you know already....to drive just 2 or 3 hundred miles you need a full tank....to drive further you need yet more fuel.......so to save on keep filling up with fuel, you make a bigger fuel tank to start with....Logical right?

But that will make the car heavier and perform less well.....so you need an even bigger car with an even stronger engine just to move that extra fuel

But the bigger the car and the bigger the load, the MORE fuel it needs to even get going....

so you scale up again.....an EVEN bigger car and EVEN bigger engine.....will carry more fuel....but will also consume more fuel because of its size...

scale up again..... and again.....the requirements for fuel will always mean a bigger car.....and bigger fuel consumption

So.... apply that logic to space travel and see how far you get

• Like 1

space begins just 62 miles UP....its called the KARMAN line if you want to verify that ....to send a tiny space shuttle, look at the amount of, and size of....fuel tanks needed to go JUST 62 miles UP

STS120LaunchHiRes-edit1.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, seeder said:

Let me make this easy for you===So.... apply that logic to space travel and see how far you get

I'm confused- why are you getting a little aggressive with me in your tone?

Maybe in 50 years time 'fuel' as your analogy suggests may be a thing of the past....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

With all due respect:

I think you have missed the point. 

We could well have the technology in years to come to send a craft to anothet galaxy, but humans will not be able to withstand the travel.

We physically are not adapt to an extensive and intensive travel in space....robots...yes, humans....no

The immediate effects of return to Earth-normal gravity are a strong sensation of heaviness in the limbs and a flow of fluids from the head and upper body into the lower body.  While in space, the heart has become smaller, blood volume has decreased, and baroreceptors have become ineffective and ignored by the brain.  This means that blood flows down into the legs because the baroreceptor signals that are used to control valves within the circulatory system are being ignored.

https://www.quora.com/What-changes-and-challenges-does-an-astronauts-body-face-when-he-she-comes-back-to-Earth-after-a-long-mission-at-the-ISS-International-Space-Station

hence why man has a limited amount of time he can stay in space.

And there is more in the link.

Nasa astronaut Peggy Whitson breaks the US record for the most time spent in space after logging 535 consecutive days in orbit

Now compare this time in space to how long it would take to get across our galaxy and add it to the effects on the body. 

Humans can not  get out of our own solar system. We do not stand a chance to get to another planet in another galaxy which may have intelligent life on it.

Well when i say we do not have a chance....maybe one day they will try it...but we got no chance of getting back.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, seeder said:

Big yes, but galaxies are like McDonalds, much alike and you don't need to visit them all, just the one at the next highway exit for some McNuggets a vanilla shake, a trip to the bathroom and back on the road.  Your point does not change though, even the nearest star is a long way off  by any means we currently know about.

Another aspect od Seeder's point is that planets are so very common, maybe planets with intelligent life are not rare.  Would it be chance that someone would single us out for a visit/

• Like 3

I think the problems is that alien life is a needle in a cosmic haystack. It's probably out there. And if it is highly advanced they may never find us. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I think you have missed the point. 

I've missed a point- oh silly me:

future tech may over come this. Or do you feel it's not possible?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Big yes, but galaxies are like McDonalds, much alike and you don't need to visit them all, just the one at the next highway exit for some McNuggets a vanilla shake, a trip to the bathroom and back on the road.  Your point does not change though, even the nearest star is a long way off  by any means we currently know about.

Another aspect od Seeder's point is that planets are so very common, maybe planets with intelligent life are not rare.  Would it be chance that someone would single us out for a visit/

if you look up habitable planets close to earth....you will see there are a few 'quite close'.... in galactic terms.....but still almost impossible to get a  human to

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

future tech..... we already have super computers working that issue out...

another issue of course...is even assuming our CURRENT tech wont be the end of mankind in just a few years....

that is entirely possible....as anyone who follows world affairs will know

Kim Dong is building and testing nukes and is potentially loony enough to start ww3....the US will lose supremacy to the Chinese pretty soon too....the world always changes...

I will be glad, even at 51 years of age....to hopefully die an older man not having seen the world at war again....and as man is sposed to live 3 score years and ten... or till he is 70.... Ive only 19 years to go.... unless disease or illness gets to me first

• Like 2

you're point is what? you're confusing me.....

what are 'super computers' going to be capable of in 50/500 years time??

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you're point is what? you're confusing me.....

what are 'super computers' going to be capable of in 50/500 years time??

that confused you?  And yet you think you know enough to debate this, with me?

super computers are used at times when we need the benefit of say....a thousand Einsteins....or a million maybe, working on a problem, an issue, a theory, an imagination exercise....which will lead to breakthroughs in all manner of fields....incl space travel theories

7 minutes ago, seeder said:

Atamarie Mr Seeder..

Hope you are well..

I Absolutely agree with you on the War, issue... War changes Nothing, and just keeps knocking us back to the Beginning again....Useless Waste of Life and Resources..

Plus its Destructive as hell....!!!!

My Question Sir....is this...

Who" works " the Super Computers?? ...They do need a programmer......yes..?

And.....Who nominates the programmer or programmers, ....oh and the content installed into.....Super Computer..?

Thankyou...

Mo..xx

that confused you?  And yet you think you know enough to debate this, with me?

you haven't proved you know enough to debate it with me yet!!!

calm down man

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

I believe it is highly posibly that man will make a craft...with robots in it which could reach another galaxy, but i do not believe a human could travel that distance, we are not biologically built to ttavel for that amount of time in unatural conditions. (See above link). 

Let me put it another way....lets say humans decides to chance it it, how many trials will it take to  build a craft that will travel distances of light years, and when they finally think they have it right without the craft failing on them and now being able to travel through our solar system towards a planet we know nothing about...what are the humans going to do then? If the planet does not have conditions which man can withstand, it is too late to come back,  and i highly doubt intelligent life does not mean they are going to be in a position to offer a conversation with us.

Thats assuming they let us land in the first place,  there is also a posibilty the planet is teeming with life, but that life is plants and 'other' animals.

Chances are evolution also occurs on other planets with life on, so do we meet dinosaurs,  cavemen or creatures which came after the human race after they were wiped out like the dinosaurs were here. 

The top of the food chain and inlelligent life on another planet could well be giant ants, you think humans are going to sit round a table drinking (imported Earl Grey) with them?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

you haven't proved you know enough to debate it with me yet!!!

calm down man

:lol:     Im not the one asking questions am I?   Im the one supplying potential answers.  Why dont you try that.... and show us all how much you know ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

calm down man

forgot to address this bit.... Im totally calm....relaxing with a stack of beers and listening to great tunes...

very rarely.... in all my years here have I lost patience and gone on an attack.... and when I do.....its VERY clear...

perhaps youre not very good at weighing up a persons responses.... so....relax man....its JUST a forum

• Like 1

Just now, seeder said:

:lol:     Im not the one asking questions am I?   Im the one supplying potential answers.  Why dont you try that.... and show us all how much you know ?

what are you on about man??? at the moment i'm allowing you the benefit== but carry on in this way & i'll pull you to bits & make you look stupid.. do you want that???

Now== why so much cockiness & aggression? You say you're 51- then why not act it & have an adult discussion with me? Can you do that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seeder said:

relaxing with a stack of beers

oh you're drunk!!! no fekin wonder.. yep nafff off cya later zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:sleepy:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, freetoroam said:

The who? 

The 'you know who'

~

5 hours ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

They hang out with the Zeta Reticuli Grays.

Both races are : Negatives

Also eternal enemies of the OMG

~

• Like 3

• The topic was locked