Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are UFO images always so bad?

23 minutes ago, tmcom said:

See, this is why l don't post here that often, they either blow up a mistake so it, (beats me what it does, apart from showing the types that frequent here) or they call video footage an animation?

I mean who gives a s**t that Buzz saw a UFO but didn't record it, (or that l had made an honest mistake) other astronauts in the same position later on did. But maybe admitting that l made an honest mistake, will make the panels turn around or disappear and reappear, geesh.

Animation, lol, l will be bookmarking this one, next time a enter into a conversation with psychiatrists at a luncheon.

Are you seriously still going to argue that an animation is the same as actual mission footage ? :wacko:

As ChrLzs have pointed out, if the sequence in question was video footage....... who filmed it ? 

37 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

To be fair tmcom might just be parotting talking points from some conspiracy site, rather than outright lying. Most Apollo hoax believers don't really know much about space exploration and the physics behind it. Learning is hard, much easier just to repeat what others tell you without doing any critical thinking and research yourself. A surprising number of people have no idea how things work in space. I remember a collegue who thought that rockets couldn't work in space because there is no air to push against.... sigh.

He's more than that he is making stuff up. NASA has Buzz by the throat???? What rubbish, if anything it would be the other way around. 

There is a great thread here discussing the Apollo UFO. I even contacted Dr David Morrison about it. I agree that's its not likely to be an SLV panel, more likely it was a piece of mylar lost when the CSM and LM separated. Its all in the transcripts. 

Being amazed by somthing following Apollo indicates that someone doesn't know Keplers laws. 

Dr Morris on even said its a sound hypothesis, but he wasn't tiling Buzzard, he might be wrong!! 

• Like 2

NEIAC, while your comments are worthy... you can see from him STILL saying that those obvious animations are video footage, that truth won't ever get in his way.  If he owns up to an error it will be surrounded by excuses and distractions and new attempts to mislead.  Would you like me to post some past examples of tmcom's work?  Trust me, you don't...  This is a repeating pattern of behavior..

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

He's more than that he is making stuff up. NASA has Buzz by the throat???? What rubbish, if anything it would be the other way around. 

There is a great thread here discussing the Apollo UFO. I even contacted Dr David Morrison about it. I agree that's its not likely to be an SLV panel, more likely it was a piece of mylar lost when the CSM and LM separated. Its all in the transcripts. 

Being amazed by somthing following Apollo indicates that someone doesn't know Keplers laws. 

Dr Morris on even said its a sound hypothesis, but he wasn't tiling Buzzard, he might be wrong!! 

Mylar.... don't be silly, it's much more likely to be an alien spacecraft. :whistle:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

NEIAC, while your comments are worthy... you can see from him STILL saying that those obvious animations are video footage, that truth won't ever get in his way.  If he owns up to an error it will be surrounded by excuses and distractions and new attempts to mislead.  Would you like me to post some past examples of tmcom's work?  Trust me, you don't...  This is a repeating pattern of behavior..

Yeah I was being too generous there. His refusal to acknowledge that an animation is different from actual footage is evidence of deliberate intent to mislead. 

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Mylar.... don't be silly, it's much more likely to be an alien spacecraft. :whistle:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

FTR, I still favor the SLA over mylar, about 70/30.  Largely because all of the factors are right for at least one SLA to be near to the CM at that time, plus, we know the SLA's were thereabouts.  We don't have any real candidate for a missing piece of mylar.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

FTR, I still favor the SLA over mylar, about 70/30.  Largely because all of the factors are right for at least one SLA to be near to the CM at that time, plus, we know the SLA's were thereabouts.  We don't have any real candidate for a missing piece of mylar.

I dunno mate, Dr Morrison thought it quite plausible. 

When you see the closeup photo, it's clearly Mylar. 

spaceship-10.jpg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

A surprising number of people have no idea how things work in space.

Yeah like most think astronauts float in the space station (for example) due to lack of gravity

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Yeah like most think astronauts float in the space station (for example) due to lack of gravity

Thats a very good example. Its probably the most common misconception of them all.

2 hours ago, tmcom said:

See, this is why l don't post here that often, they either blow up a mistake so it, (beats me what it does, apart from showing the types that frequent here) or they call video footage an animation?

I mean who gives a s**t that Buzz saw a UFO but didn't record it, (or that l had made an honest mistake) other astronauts in the same position later on did. But maybe admitting that l made an honest mistake, will make the panels turn around or disappear and reappear, geesh.

Animation, lol, l will be bookmarking this one, next time a enter into a conversation with psychiatrists at a luncheon.

The animation had a very clear image, the video did not, and l could go on and on, but why bother, as stated before the better the evidence the more insane the comebacks.

*snip rantings*

So you want to purposely lie that the video is not an animation?  I'm not surprised. That is what UFO believers have turned to it seems - lies and nonsensical fiction.

The videos you posted and used as evidence were animations that show what was supposed to happen. They also clearly show that the panel and the CM travel together. What they do not show is the changes in path of the panels and the CM when the Moon's gravity begins to change the trajectory of the objects in question.

First there are dimwitted comments about impossible wormholes and then these shenanigans.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, stereologist said:

So you want to purposely lie that the video is not an animation?  I'm not surprised. That is what UFO believers have turned to it seems - lies and nonsensical fiction.

The videos you posted and used as evidence were animations that show what was supposed to happen. They also clearly show that the panel and the CM travel together. What they do not show is the changes in path of the panels and the CM when the Moon's gravity begins to change the trajectory of the objects in question.

First there are dimwitted comments about impossible wormholes and then these shenanigans.

The last video l posted has NO Computer animation, and only basic icon, graph animations, depicting positions, everything else is video footage, blueprints and engineer drawings from the mission, including one of the panels spinning towards the Earth.

If you accuse me again of lying, (when l clearly have not) you will be reported to the mods!

:angry:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tmcom said:

The last video l posted has NO Computer animation, and only basic icon, graph animations, depicting positions, everything else is video footage, blueprints and engineer drawings from the mission, including one of the panels spinning towards the Earth.

If you accuse me again of lying, (when l clearly have not) you will be reported to the mods!

:angry:

Your posts show you have been untruthful. In this case you refer to the last video you posted which is not the video in question. In the newer video at 42:32 you see a panel spinning. Is it headed towards Earth? No. It is slowly moving away from the command module and moving along with the command module which is moving at over 5000kph towards the Moon. Is it spinning towards the Earth? No. The panel is headed towards the Moon.

This is the video link in question.

https://youtu.be/zp_RDqPQ-qg

8 hours ago, stereologist said:

Your posts show you have been untruthful. In this case you refer to the last video you posted which is not the video in question. In the newer video at 42:32 you see a panel spinning. Is it headed towards Earth? No. It is slowly moving away from the command module and moving along with the command module which is moving at over 5000kph towards the Moon. Is it spinning towards the Earth? No. The panel is headed towards the Moon.

This is the video link in question.

https://youtu.be/zp_RDqPQ-qg

Untruthful,....you clearly said " The videos you posted and used as evidence were animations" when clearly some were not. So l am not being untruthful, you need to CLEARLY state which video and which part, before you go down the l am lying path.

And for the record that means that you believe that the panels were spinning away but still kept up with the command module, which also means that the last stage, especially since it had no explosive elements, only small thrusters from the command module/Lunar module to extract the LEM, so it had a small push from the LEM extraction at best, so should also have definitely kept up.

But when Buzz saw the UFO, mission control reported that the last stage was 6,000 km away.

And he also said that it could only be the last stage, or one of the panels, not some fabric from something, or anything else they had up there.

I would suggest that you and others here, go away and have a long hard think about this, your logic contradicts itself, and makes no sense.

I really don't see why some are trying so hard to disprove this, most physicists and mathematicians, by sheer numbers of potential planets know that intelligent life out there is a sure thing, and if some are 10,000 years ahead, then distance isn't a barrier. So called leaked videos supposedly showing aliens in the most negative, elitist way possible, only creates undue fear around this subject.

And if aliens were so evil and benevolent then we would have been kicked off the earth a long time ago.

Which means most alien species, by self preservation laws, have family's, society's, and are more friendly and caring than we could ever know.

A society like ours, will eventually create weapons that can cripple or destroy a civilized planet, if we continue on our present path, aliens even more so, (we can actually cause considerable damage to our planet now with widespread man made earthquakes and tidel waves, etc, if the Tzar Russian bomb was put in a sub and exploded at the base of the Mariana Trench, YT that).

So alien races are overall nice, or they wouldn't be around.

B)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tmcom said:

But when Buzz saw the UFO

allegedly see a ufo.. just made up stories to earn a few pennies on the back of his fame via media interviews/ books etc= but this is just an opinion of course.. not suggesting for one minute I know for a fact- how can I possibly know for a fact!?

Edited by Dejarma

1 hour ago, tmcom said:

Untruthful,....you clearly said " The videos you posted and used as evidence were animations" when clearly some were not. So l am not being untruthful, you need to CLEARLY state which video and which part, before you go down the l am lying path.

And for the record that means that you believe that the panels were spinning away but still kept up with the command module, which also means that the last stage, especially since it had no explosive elements, only small thrusters from the command module/Lunar module to extract the LEM, so it had a small push from the LEM extraction at best, so should also have definitely kept up.

But when Buzz saw the UFO, mission control reported that the last stage was 6,000 km away.

And he also said that it could only be the last stage, or one of the panels, not some fabric from something, or anything else they had up there.

I would suggest that you and others here, go away and have a long hard think about this, your logic contradicts itself, and makes no sense.

I really don't see why some are trying so hard to disprove this, most physicists and mathematicians, by sheer numbers of potential planets know that intelligent life out there is a sure thing, and if some are 10,000 years ahead, then distance isn't a barrier. So called leaked videos supposedly showing aliens in the most negative, elitist way possible, only creates undue fear around this subject.

And if aliens were so evil and benevolent then we would have been kicked off the earth a long time ago.

Which means most alien species, by self preservation laws, have family's, society's, and are more friendly and caring than we could ever know.

A society like ours, will eventually create weapons that can cripple or destroy a civilized planet, if we continue on our present path, aliens even more so, (we can actually cause considerable damage to our planet now with widespread man made earthquakes and tidel waves, etc, if the Tzar Russian bomb was put in a sub and exploded at the base of the Mariana Trench, YT that).

So alien races are overall nice, or they wouldn't be around.

It is up to you to follow the thread and not to misrepresent the posts. You did add a video at a later time which was not an animation. Good for you, but that video simply shows the panel following a spaceship as it should. Just because you see the Earth in the background does not mean it is heading in that direction. The last stage is just all of the other components of the flight - moving in a manner dependent on the forces applied to it. That is the second law, right?

The last stage is not the only rocket. The command module also had a rocket. It was needed to get to the Moon and also to break out of lunar orbit. It also was used to enter the Earth's orbit on return. The last stage would not keep up with the CM. If the last stage, which did not leave Earth's orbit was moving with the CM then the CM would not have been able to head for the Moon.

So now you have to ask yourself, what force was used to separate the last stage and the CM? That would be the engine on the CM.

The problem here is clearly that you have no idea about Newton's laws or how the Apollo mission worked. That's okay. You can figure this out over time. I suggest you learn some basic physics before making more glaring blunders.

As far as aliens goes the problem is again tied to physics. Aliens are bound by the same physics as we are. You don't understand physics at all and need to learn some basics. You can make all sorts of vague and unsupported statements about things you don't understand and pretend that what "most physicists and mathematicians" believe has anything to do with your blunders.

The simple fact is that Aldrin did not see aliens or an alien craft. He was pretty smart and figured out what he was viewing. Unlike you he was not satisfied with his guess and requested confirmation from the ground. He received that. Aldrin is smart and wanted evidence.

You also claim that aliens must be using some sort of societal structure which you believe is valuable. More rubbish as far as I can see.

Edited by stereologist

Ok, for all it is worth...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artificial_objects_in_heliocentric_orbit

On Apollos 8 and 10–17, each S-IVB upper stage jettisoned four sections of a truncated conical adapter that supported the Apollo service module and (except for Apollo 8) enclosed the Lunar Module. These panels are in heliocentric orbit, including those from Apollos 13–17 whose S-IVBs impacted the moon, as the S-IVBs jettisoned them before maneuvering themselves into lunar impact trajectories. The panels continued on lunar flyby trajectories into heliocentric orbit. (The adapter panels on Apollo 9 were jettisoned in earth orbit before the S-IVB burned into an earth escape trajectory. They eventually decayed.)

Eventually decayed in Earths orbit, meaning burned up!

Pretty hard for my naive understanding of the laws of physics to get a handle on how panels burning up in Earths atmosphere can magically reappear 6,000 km away?

Apollo 9 is the 1969 one, where Buzz see's the UFO, and astronauts on later missions allegedly videotape it in the allegeded CM.

The simple fact is that Aldrin did not see aliens or an alien craft. He was pretty smart and figured out what he was viewing. Unlike you he was not satisfied with his guess and requested confirmation from the ground. He received that. Aldrin is smart and wanted evidence.

You also claim that aliens must be using some sort of societal structure which you believe is valuable. More rubbish as far as I can see.

True, he was smart enough not to startle the odd couple of billion tuning in at the time, or blow his career, or if he went against his contract get thrown in jail. NASA made up a lame cover story, based on non-existent panels, (they burned up) and he went with it.

And l won't argue with an expert!

B)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tmcom said:

Ok, for all it is worth...

Eventually decayed in Earths orbit, meaning burned up!

Pretty hard for my naive understanding of the laws of physics to get a handle on how panels burning up in Earths atmosphere can magically reappear 6,000 km away?

Apollo 9 is the 1969 one, where Buzz see's the UFO, and astronauts on later missions allegedly videotape it in the allegeded CM.

True, he was smart enough not to startle the odd couple of billion tuning in at the time, or blow his career, or if he went against his contract get thrown in jail. NASA made up a lame cover story, based on non-existent panels, (they burned up) and he went with it.

And l won't argue with an expert!

B)

Apollo 11 is the one where Aldrin sees something paralleling his course.

https://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2014/0710/Did-Buzz-Aldrin-really-see-a-UFO-Technically-yes

You seem to truly messed up.

Buzz Aldrin was not on Apollo 9. Apollo 9 remained in low Earth orbit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_9

I am definitely not dealing with an expert - definitely.

Let's go back to the quote and see what information is there.

On Apollos 8 and 10–17, each S-IVB upper stage jettisoned four sections of a truncated conical adapter that supported the Apollo service module and (except for Apollo 8) enclosed the Lunar Module. These panels are in heliocentric orbit, including those from Apollos 13–17 whose S-IVBs impacted the moon, as the S-IVBs jettisoned them before maneuvering themselves into lunar impact trajectories. The panels continued on lunar flyby trajectories into heliocentric orbit. (The adapter panels on Apollo 9 were jettisoned in earth orbit before the S-IVB burned into an earth escape trajectory. They eventually decayed.)

Looking for Apollo 11. There is a conical adapter in 4 sections. The panels are in orbit about the Sun. They did not hit the Moon. They went by the moon before heading off to an orbit around the Sun.

That's what we have been telling you. Thanks for finding the evidence which shows you are mistaken. Well done.

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, Dejarma said:

Ha. You should see some of the brain dead arguments from flat earthers. They seem to have uncovered NASA dumping their space shuttles at sea because they don't fly straight up...

https://history.nasa.gov/afj/ap15fj/03tde.html

[Separation of the CSM from the SLA is a fast but complex event. A train of explosive cords sever electrical connections between the Service Module and the S-IVB; they cut the metal structure joining the SM to the SLA to allow the spacecraft to come free; they cut the upper 75% of the conical SLA into four long sections which are now only joined to the S-IVB by spring loaded partial hinges at the centre of their lower edge; they set off pyrotechnic thrusters, mounted within the intact portion of the SLA, which force pistons to push on the outside edge of each SLA panel, causing them to begin rotating away from the enclosed Lunar Module. Once the panels have rotated about 45° from the centreline of the launch vehicle, the hinges disengage, allowing the springs within the hinge assembly to push the panels away at about 2.5 m/s, leaving the LM exposed on top of the Saturn's third stage.]

Rotating away, push the panels away not push them away so they float alongside!

Suffice to say that the panels are white outside, and have a basic framework on the inside, as well as looking nothing like the UFO.

B)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tmcom said:

https://history.nasa.gov/afj/ap15fj/03tde.html

Rotating away, push the panels away not push them away so they float alongside!

Suffice to say that the panels are white outside, and have a basic framework on the inside, as well as looking nothing like the UFO.

B)

Are you going for another failure? Definitely.

As you've been told multiple times, the path anything takes is based on the forces acting on it. You guessed the panels fell back to Earth. WRONG. You gave the flight number for Aldrin as Apollo 9. WRONG. You suggested that the panels would be left behind. WRONG.

The force pushed the panels away from a craft moving at over 5000kph. How fast were the panels moving? At over 5000 kph. That is why they moved with the command module. They also had a force placed on them which moved the panels at 2.5 m/s. That set the upper level for the new velocity because some of that force might be stored as rotational energy. Two other forces acted on the motion of those panels. These same forces of course also acted on the motion of the command module - the Earth's gravity and the Moon's gravity.

You used the Apollo 15 page, not the Apollo 11 page.

https://history.nasa.gov/afj/ap11fj/03tde.html

Did all f the panels move away? No. Look at the Apollo 11 record.

003:18:19 Armstrong (onboard): It went to Rate - Okay, I see an SLA panel going out.

[This is one of the four Spacecraft Launch-vehicle Adaptor panels which contained the Lunar Module during launch. They were jettisoned by partial hinges once they had rotated 45° away from the LM.]

The panel is still visible and recognizable at that time. It is not moving away at 2.5m/s.

50 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Are you going for another failure? Definitely.

As you've been told multiple times, the path anything takes is based on the forces acting on it. You guessed the panels fell back to Earth. WRONG. You gave the flight number for Aldrin as Apollo 9. WRONG. You suggested that the panels would be left behind. WRONG.

The force pushed the panels away from a craft moving at over 5000kph. How fast were the panels moving? At over 5000 kph. That is why they moved with the command module. They also had a force placed on them which moved the panels at 2.5 m/s. That set the upper level for the new velocity because some of that force might be stored as rotational energy. Two other forces acted on the motion of those panels. These same forces of course also acted on the motion of the command module - the Earth's gravity and the Moon's gravity.

You used the Apollo 15 page, not the Apollo 11 page.

https://history.nasa.gov/afj/ap11fj/03tde.html

Did all f the panels move away? No. Look at the Apollo 11 record.

The panel is still visible and recognizable at that time. It is not moving away at 2.5m/s.

The Panels fell back to earth in Apollo 9, RIGHT.

Sure l got 9 and 11 mixed up, same year though..

The primary objective of Apollo 9 was an Earth-orbital engineering test of the first crewed lunar module, or LM. Concurrent prime objectives included an overall checkout of launch vehicle and spacecraft systems, the crew, and procedures. This was done by performing an integrated series of flight tasks with the command module, or CM, the service module, or SM, the joined command and service module, or CSM, the LM and S-IVB stage while they were linked in launch or various docked configurations, and while they were flying separate orbital patterns. The LM was to be tested as a self-sufficient spacecraft, and was also to perform active rendezvous and docking maneuvers paralleling those scheduled for the following Apollo 10 lunar-orbit mission.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/missions/apollo9.html

In other words very similar to Apollo 10, that went around the moon, and future missions, They only made changes to the panels after Apollo 7 ones got stuck, since they were attacked to the S-IVB, and one didn't open correctly.

In future missions they left the panels on the S-IVB and aimed it at the moon, but A11, was a repeat of 9, they blew them off and they stayed in orbit and burned up.

The only way the panels could float with the CM, is if major changes were made with how the panels were blown off, (l find zero evidence of that) since NASA isn't going to risk 56 tonne, (all up) panels spinning in space, with the CM, on all sides, (if one destabilizes its trajectory, the crew could have been killed).

And if it did, Buzz would have seen a 10+ ton curved panel spinning aloneside, (the UFO wasn't spinning end to end, etc, etc).

B)

• Like 1

Just now, tmcom said:

The Panels fell back to earth in Apollo 9, RIGHT.

Sure l got 9 and 11 mixed up, same year though..

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/missions/apollo9.html

In other words very similar to Apollo 10, that went around the moon, and future missions, They only made changes to the panels after Apollo 7 ones got stuck, since they were attacked to the S-IVB, and one didn't open correctly.

In future missions they left the panels on the S-IVB and aimed it at the moon, but A11, was a repeat of 9, they blew them off and they stayed in orbit and burned up.

The only way the panels could float with the CM, is if major changes were made with how the panels were blown off, (l find zero evidence of that) since NASA isn't going to risk 56 tonne, (all up) panels spinning in space, with the CM, on all sides, (if one destabilizes its trajectory, the crew could have been killed).

And if it did, Buzz would have seen a 10+ ton curved panel spinning aloneside, (the UFO wasn't spinning end to end, etc, etc).

B)

Apollo 9 is not the mission Aldrin flew on. Apollo 9 never left Earth orbit. It is not similar at all to Apollo 10 which left Earth orbit.

Now you are not reading the material posted or are purposely lying. The panels from Apollo 11 went into heliocentric orbit. That means around the Sun. You posted that information. Why are you now lying about what you posted? Let me refresh your memory. Below is the link you posted.

On Apollos 8 and 10–17, each S-IVB upper stage jettisoned four sections of a truncated conical adapter that supported the Apollo service module and (except for Apollo 8) enclosed the Lunar Module. These panels are in heliocentric orbit, including those from Apollos 13–17 whose S-IVBs impacted the moon, as the S-IVBs jettisoned them before maneuvering themselves into lunar impact trajectories. The panels continued on lunar flyby trajectories into heliocentric orbit.

The panels were visible for quite a while to the Apollo crew as I already showed. Your idea of panels floating along simply shows your lack of understanding of physics.  The panels were jettisoned after the command module reached escape velocity. The panels went beyond the Moon to a heliocentric orbit, i.e. they now orbit the Sun.

Your suggestion of a requirement of "major changes" is another ludicrous suggestion. The panels simply moved according to the forces that were placed on them. They moved slowly away from the CM and were moving like the CM, at escape velocity and towards the Moon.

Here is what Aldrin has stated.

On Apollo 11 in route to the Moon, I observed a light out the window that appeared to be moving alongside us. There were many explanations of what that could be, other than another spacecraft from another country or another world – it was either the rocket we had separated from, or the 4 panels that moved away when we extracted the lander from the rocket and we were nose to nose with the two spacecraft. So in the close vicinity, moving away, were 4 panels. And i feel absolutely convinced that we were looking at the sun reflected off of one of these panels. Which one? I don’t know. So technically, the definition could be ‘unidentified.

https://sofrep.com/87483/buzz-aldrin-sets-record-straight-apollo-11-ufos-says-alien-life-certainty/

Aldrin reports a light. More from a another site

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/07/its-all-the-buzz-the-real-story-behind-buzz-aldrins-ufo/

Two days after discarding the S4B, Aldrin and the crew aboard Apollo 11 became aware of a bright light nearby, which they considered might have been the rocket they had discarded. Back at Mission Control, radio operators received the now famous and controversial message from the Apollo 11 crew:

“Do you have any idea where the S4B is with respect to us?”

“There was something out there that was close enough to be observed,” Aldrin later would recall of the circumstance. “What could it be?” He went on to tell of the events as the unfolded:

“Mike (Collins) decided he thought he could see it in the telescope, and he was able to do that. When it was in one position, it had a series of ellipses, but when you [focused the telescope] real sharp, it was sort of L-shaped. That didn’t tell us very much.”

“Now obviously, the three of us were not gonna blurt out, ‘hey Houston, we got something moving alongside of us, and we don’t know what it is! Can you tell us what it is?’ We weren’t about to do that, because we knew those transmissions would be heard by all sorts of people. Who knows what somebody would have demanded; that we turn back because of aliens, or whatever the reason is. So we didn’t do that, but we did decide that we would just cautiously ask Houston, ‘where was the S4B?’ “

It was, of course, determined that the rocket in question had been approximately 6000 nautical miles from the position of Apollo 11 at that time. Thus, the object they observed, obviously not the S4B, remained unidentified.

He saw a light. A telescope made it a little clearer. It wasn't the rocket.

21 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Apollo 9 is not the mission Aldrin flew on. Apollo 9 never left Earth orbit. It is not similar at all to Apollo 10 which left Earth orbit.

Now you are not reading the material posted or are purposely lying. The panels from Apollo 11 went into heliocentric orbit. That means around the Sun. You posted that information. Why are you now lying about what you posted? Let me refresh your memory. Below is the link you posted.

The panels were visible for quite a while to the Apollo crew as I already showed. Your idea of panels floating along simply shows your lack of understanding of physics.  The panels were jettisoned after the command module reached escape velocity. The panels went beyond the Moon to a heliocentric orbit, i.e. they now orbit the Sun.

Your suggestion of a requirement of "major changes" is another ludicrous suggestion. The panels simply moved according to the forces that were placed on them. They moved slowly away from the CM and were moving like the CM, at escape velocity and towards the Moon.

Ok, as this realistic video animation shows, the last stage did keep pace with the CM/LM, but eventhough the panels were also there, the CM/LM outdistance itself from it.

And the 4 panels were much further back than the last stage.

And the 4 panels and last stage were 6k back when Buzz saw it.

I stand corrected, but not overall.

B)

• Like 1

• The topic was locked