Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hoia Bacio

Thomas_XL

Believed by many to be the most haunted forest in the world, Hoia Baciu in Transylvania is the setting for many unexplained, spooky tales. It also doesn’t help that the trees are bent and twisted in seemingly unnatural ways, giving the woods a horror movie feel.

Several visitors to the Hoia Baciu have returned from their trip terrified, claiming that burns and rashes have appeared on their bodies for no apparent reason. Some even claim to have skipped a few hours during their exploration among the creepy trees. They have no explanation for why they cannot remember what happened during the ”missing” hours.

https://listverse.com/2015/02/25/10-strange-mysteries-from-around-the-world-that-are-still-unsolved/

Also check 

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/europe/hoia-baciu-transylvania-haunted-trees-ufo-ghosts-how-to-visit-camping-alex-surducan-marius-a8023136.html

Edited by Still Waters
Source link added & reduced amount of copied text. The rest can be viewed in the link
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thomas_XL said:

Many people are truly convinced that ghostly apparitions hang around in the forest, and the locals absolutely refuse to set foot in it.

Locals wont go there?  then why this:   

"The forest is used as a common recreation destination. In recent years a biking park has been added to the forest, along with areas for other sports such as paintball, airsoft and archery. It has a reputation for paranormal phenomena"

and

, and claims that the strange phenomena have a scientific basis which has yet to be sufficiently understood. The reputation for paranormal phenomena has brought about many urban legends in Cluj, and contributes to its popularity as a tourist attraction.[2] With so little evidence, skeptics say these are just stories for entertainment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoia_Forest.

• Like 3

Yes, but if you dig deeper in this story, It is strange, I want to see prove that it has a scientific basis

Hi Thomas_XL,  there's a video in this link you might like to see.

• Like 2

I really like reading about folklore. 

Thanks for posting this. 

• Like 2

I watched an American investigation team known for exploring mysteries on a show called 'Destination Truth'. I very much respect the honesty of the show and host when they do their evaluation in the end. In many episodes they admit to capturing nothing compelling. This forest produced the weirdest stuff they have ever experienced. One guy got invisibly pushed/dragged a considerable distance (probably 10-20 feet) from where he was just sitting on the ground. I believe from this and other sources that this forest is highly likely to have genuine paranormal aspects.

3 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I really like reading about folklore. 

Thanks for posting this. 

here's some other nice stuff about this mysterious forest

www.theparanormalguide.com/blog/hoia-baciu-forest