Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Urgent help finding an item

Magicfx

Hi All,

I really hope you can help, I am going out of my mind here, and this is really last chance saloon for me. Here is the story.

Around ten years ago, I placed a computer usb memory stick, somewhere safe for me to find, in about ten years time.

I placed the memory stick and a note to myself somewhere. My thoughts are that I had placed it into a box that contained a gold plated

flower, I then placed the Golden flower else where, somewhere safe. Now ten years later, and now I realise I need it, I cannot find it anywhere.

Please please help.

Best Wishes

SG

Hiya ... welcome to the Forum

First of all ... are you even sure here you are looking for it in the same house from ten years ago ?

~

This is the strangest thing ever you see, The golden flower was in the old house, but the thing on the USB stick only became a thing in 2009 - We moved in this house

in 2007, However my parents live only two doors away from my old house.

The only thing I have found is an old email, which was supposed to trigger my memory was the following :-

I asked my wife to remember the term "Golden Flower"

I then found an email with a reference to the Golden flower, along with a note, which read:-

I would like to look, but i am totally swamped right now.

Maybe you'd better rewind and check if perhaps you might have missed something ...

~

Okay I'm curious as to why you hid it first off. If it was as important as you're implying then it would've been best to keep it in a safer place. 

Great Question, The data stored on the stick was an investment, and to be honest I would have never had

even started looking for it, if it was not for all the Information regarding the investment was now not all over the media.

It was this sort of hype that was supposed to prompt me to ask her the question about the phrase I asked her to remember.

And because my wife is famous at chucking things away, then I had to put it in something that could not easily be chucked away, in

a location where it would be difficult for her to get to.

But obviously needed her great memory to help with the treasure hunt, which is why I asked her

to remember that phrase "golden flower" This was a trigger for me to start hunting for that item.

55 minutes ago, Magicfx said:

This is the strangest thing ever you see, The golden flower was in the old house, but the thing on the USB stick only became a thing in 2009 - We moved in this house

Hi and welcome to UM. 

You seem to have confused yourself on place and timing:

Note the bold to the bold in your first post:

1 hour ago, Magicfx said:

I placed the memory stick and a note to myself somewhere. My thoughts are that I had placed it into a box that contained a gold plated flower,

So if you placed it with the flower in the new house, the fact you had the flower in your old house is irrelevent.

Can not see why your parents living 2 doors down is relevent either.

Can you cut out the bits which do not fall into the time spam.

The member third eye asked the following question :-

First of all ... are you even sure here you are looking for it in the same house from ten years ago ?

So my justification for believing it was here, in the new house was :-

I was also thinking that being a clairvoyant you may be seeing it in another house - if that is how it works, and if so, then it may be at my parents

house, though I cannot see that being the case.

The first statement stands : -

I placed the memory stick and a note to myself somewhere. My thoughts are that I had placed it into a box that contained a gold plated flower,

22 minutes ago, Magicfx said:

The data stored on the stick was an investment, and to be honest I would have never had even started looking for it, if it was not for all the Information regarding the investment was now not all over the media.

did you tell anyone else about this....family member, 'close' friend,  during those ten years?

1 minute ago, Magicfx said:

I was also thinking that being a clairvoyant you may be seeing it in another house - if that is how it works, and if so, then it may be at my parents

NAH! It does not only not work that way, it also does not work at all. 

A bit of good old fashioned detective work on the other hand does (this is how many  clairvoyants work things out btw ) and with enough digging and the right questions and your memory,  the answer could be found.

But there is a chance it will never be found and NO alleged clairvoyant is going to find it if it really has been lost during those ten years. 

2 minutes ago, Magicfx said:

No - definatley not.

To be honest - I have totally forgot about the whole thing.

Hmm....you may have to try tracing back 10 years....now this is where how good your memory is going to be. 

I wish you the best and hopefully you find it, but please do not build up your hopes that an alleged clairvoyant is going to help you. As i said, good detective work based on your memory of things (in the right order)  may give you some answers as to whether it is still in your possession or lost for good.

• Like 1

I recently hid a box of chocolates on myself  over the holidays and I still cant find them till this day. (Maybe that's a good thing)

But your USB was important, I reckon that you could have put it in storage. Possibly a shed or on top of a wardrobe you know.

Did you do a thorough search yet.

I hope you find it too.

Edited by Scrunchkruckets

@Magicfx welcome to UM.

Smells like Bitcoin! Hope you find it.

You really need to retrace your steps and try to get in the mind state you would have been when you hid it. A list of all possible locations you could have hidden it and anywhere you could have moved it would help you too.

Good luck!

Edit: This guide may help too: https://www.wikihow.com/Find-Lost-Objects

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.

Funny.

My thoughts ran to bit coins also but as they aren't physical it wouldn't really apply. 

So clearly it is AWAY  somewhere or you would have spotted it in everyday occupation of the house Thus it is somewhere you don't go very often

Two. you probably put the box in a more ordinary looking bag or container, both to protect it and to hide it 

Three. if you had to hide the same object today where would you hide it  Get a similar sized object and actually work out the best place to hide it from your wife.

1 outdoor shed or garage.

2 tool box  you don't use any more.

3 Box of old computer games