Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
INeedAnswersPLZ

I saw a ghost in my living room

32 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

INeedAnswersPLZ

I think it was around 2012-13 maybe when I was living in an apartment with my family. I was on level 4 and our cousins were on level 5. So one night my sister and my mum were in their rooms and I was thirsty I opened my room door and (the door leads straight into the hallway then into the living room) I looked up into the darkness and turn the hallway light on, the radius of the hallway light was able to reach the living room barely, I could see the couch in my living room from my door and I took one step forward and saw a woman wearing a white sheet or something walk from the very left of the living room to the very right. She didn't make eye contact with me or even turned her head, she just walked forward with her black hair covering her face. I decided to sleep thirsty that terrifying night. I thought that was the first and last time I would see her but a couple weeks later I waste my cousins upstairs and it was nighttime. I was in the kitchen which was in clear view of the balcony door which lead into the balcony. I looked out of the balcony and saw her again walking from the very left of the balcony and descending into the darkness which was on the right. That time I wasn't afraid but I decided to let it go and that was the last time I saw her. I came to the conclusion I hallucinated the first time but seeing her the last time makes me wonder If I was or not.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChaosRose

Why did you come to the conclusion that you hallucinated?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thomas_XL

I think there are many manifestations of the supernatural, but It's a thin line between hallucinating and seeing a glimpse of the afterlife/ another dimension.

One question: could you see through the spirit and did it have an aura?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
INeedAnswersPLZ
15 minutes ago, Thomas_XL said:

I think there are many manifestations of the supernatural, but It's a thin line between hallucinating and seeing a glimpse of the afterlife/ another dimension.

One question: could you see through the spirit and did it have an aura?

it was clear like a normal person and it didn't have an aura. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
INeedAnswersPLZ
1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

Why did you come to the conclusion that you hallucinated?

Well it was dark with very little light being able to support my vision,I could barely see the living room and I was a little tired. With these features I figured I hallucinated. My mom also hallucinated a rat once, she was in the kitchen and there was only one light one which was dim. I checked everywhere and there was no rat to be found, we also placed heaps of rat poison everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooth Sayer
19 hours ago, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

it was clear like a normal person and it didn't have an aura. 

That's precisely how I saw mine. Look like a normal person.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
INeedAnswersPLZ
5 hours ago, Sooth Sayer said:

That's precisely how I saw mine. Look like a normal person.

Whats the story behind yours? How did you see it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr. Suss
Posted (edited)

Did you get a chill?

Edited by Dr. Suss
Repeated question asked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooth Sayer
 

Whats the story behind yours? How did you see it?

Mine was a neighbor I knew. I seen him walking towards me on the sidewalk. Middle of the day but he looked the same as he always did. But as he approached me I got a strange feeling. It was the next day when the cops discovered he was dead they asked me when I last seen him.

I told the cops "I seen him yesterday afternoon." The cops laughed at me and said I couldn't have because he'd been dead for at least a week. 

I nearly crapped myself. No lie. 

I remember he was wearing a blue flannel shirt, buttoned up. Tucked in. Sleeves down and buttoned with blue jeans. I had no reason to think anything was out of the ordinary. 

So who was I to believe, my eyes or the cops?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooth Sayer
 

Did you get a chill?

Yes very much and I couldn't figure out why at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a vampire wears my boxers

when i was little, i got up once late at night to go to my parents room and saw my mom in the hallway. walked up to her and she bent down and looked at me then vanished like dissipating vapor. went into their room and there she was sound asleep. realized my eyes were playing tricks as i wasn't fully awake. 

Edited by a vampire wears my boxers
possum collards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
INeedAnswersPLZ
3 hours ago, a vampire wears my boxers said:

when i was little, i got up once late at night to go to my parents room and saw my mom in the hallway. walked up to her and she bent down and looked at me then vanished like dissipating vapor. went into their room and there she was sound asleep. realized my eyes were playing tricks as i wasn't fully awake. 

You might've been hallucinating, probably were actually

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fran123
On 08/01/2018 at 0:26 PM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

it was clear like a normal person and it didn't have an aura. 

I have had the same experience, it seemed like a person but a few minutes after i saw "him" I realised it wasn't as there were no people in that area at that time and everyone in the building was accounted for. People also don't go into a room with one single point of entry and exit, and no windows, and disappear. I stood and watched this happen.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooth Sayer

My nieces seen their uncle (my step brother) walk through his bedroom door, walk across his old room, and vanish into one of the walls. This was 10 months after he passed away at age 21.

They both came running out of the room screaming their heads off and refused to ever go back in to that room. To this day, 20 years later, they both will not go near his old room. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
5 minutes ago, Sooth Sayer said:

My nieces seen their uncle (my step brother) walk through his bedroom door, walk across his old room, and vanish into one of the walls. This was 10 months after he passed away at age 21.

They both came running out of the room screaming their heads off and refused to ever go back in to that room. To this day, 20 years later, they both will not go near his old room. 

Interesting. Multiple witnesses stories are hard to explain away as hallucination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooth Sayer
15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Interesting. Multiple witnesses stories are hard to explain away as hallucination.

My daughter seen him in that house also but she didn't know who he was (she never met him) and she wasn't afraid. She called him the boy that lived up stairs. Yes, I still get chills about it to this day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom
On 1/8/2018 at 5:53 PM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

I think it was around 2012-13 maybe when I was living in an apartment with my family. I was on level 4 and our cousins were on level 5. So one night my sister and my mum were in their rooms and I was thirsty I opened my room door and (the door leads straight into the hallway then into the living room) I looked up into the darkness and turn the hallway light on, the radius of the hallway light was able to reach the living room barely, I could see the couch in my living room from my door and I took one step forward and saw a woman wearing a white sheet or something walk from the very left of the living room to the very right. She didn't make eye contact with me or even turned her head, she just walked forward with her black hair covering her face. I decided to sleep thirsty that terrifying night. I thought that was the first and last time I would see her but a couple weeks later I waste my cousins upstairs and it was nighttime. I was in the kitchen which was in clear view of the balcony door which lead into the balcony. I looked out of the balcony and saw her again walking from the very left of the balcony and descending into the darkness which was on the right. That time I wasn't afraid but I decided to let it go and that was the last time I saw her. I came to the conclusion I hallucinated the first time but seeing her the last time makes me wonder If I was or not.

Barring any outside influences, (pain medication, etc) l would say both were real.

On 1/10/2018 at 4:55 PM, a vampire wears my boxers said:

when i was little, i got up once late at night to go to my parents room and saw my mom in the hallway. walked up to her and she bent down and looked at me then vanished like dissipating vapor. went into their room and there she was sound asleep. realized my eyes were playing tricks as i wasn't fully awake. 

She may have astral traveled?

On 1/11/2018 at 9:31 AM, Sooth Sayer said:

My nieces seen their uncle (my step brother) walk through his bedroom door, walk across his old room, and vanish into one of the walls. This was 10 months after he passed away at age 21.

They both came running out of the room screaming their heads off and refused to ever go back in to that room. To this day, 20 years later, they both will not go near his old room. 

Yep, l saw my dead grandmother in my living room, a while ago, and yep it does shock you a bit.

She died about 10 years previously, and popped into the room, when my higher self told me to look up, (l was making breakfast at the time).

She basically smiled at me, moved across the room or a few metres, looked out the window, admiring the garden, and then vanished.

But she looked solid, but black and white with a rainbow pattern going from the head downwards. Apparently there is a difference between our dear departed and a ghost.

Ghosts are more of a recurring ego driven, mindless entity, (plenty of examples available) dearly departed are from a higher dimension, but self aware.

Eventhough l have seen quite a few ghosts, etc, this was the first relative, and clearly shows that heaven is a real place.

I was packing it and had to glue my feet to the floor, but it was nice to see her again.

Good to see that others have had similar experiences, and can share it here, or have the courage to do so.

B)

Edited by tmcom
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooth Sayer
18 hours ago, tmcom said:

 

Good to see that others have had similar experiences, and can share it here, or have the courage to do so.

B)

Yea, I don't tell most people because I know they won't believe me. Which I understand but sometimes it leads to arguments because some want to mock or make back handed remarks. Which I won't tolerate. 

I've had so many experiences that go back to when I was 13 y.o.

My first was the strangest. My parents were looking for a new house to live in. They had an app with a real estate agent and asked me to come look at the house.

We get to the house, they go in and as soon as I stepped on the front door entrance I froze. I was overwhelmed with fear. I just stood there looking around and fealing freaked out.

After a few minutes my mom noticed I was just standing there. She said come in look around. 

I looked at her and said no, I'm not goin in. She asked why. I said simply, I don't want us living here. I just kept saying it over and over. I lost it. 

We left there after that went on for 5 minutes. 

We ended up in a house two streets over.

The even more weird part came when a friend and I walked past that same house about 5 months later. It was still empty.

I said out loud, that house is still empty to which my friend, whom didn't know we almost moved in there said to me this.......

"Did you know last year a whole family was murdered in that house? The father came home and shot his wife and kids. The police showed up and the father was shot dead by the police"

That, sent chills up my spine and the hair on my neck stood up. 

It's all true. 

Edited by Sooth Sayer
Spell check
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom
4 hours ago, Sooth Sayer said:

Yea, I don't tell most people because I know they won't believe me. Which I understand but sometimes it leads to arguments because some want to mock or make back handed remarks. Which I won't tolerate. 

I've had so many experiences that go back to when I was 13 y.o.

My first was the strangest. My parents were looking for a new house to live in. They had an app with a real estate agent and asked me to come look at the house.

We get to the house, they go in and as soon as I stepped on the front door entrance I froze. I was overwhelmed with fear. I just stood there looking around and fealing freaked out.

After a few minutes my mom noticed I was just standing there. She said come in look around. 

I looked at her and said no, I'm not goin in. She asked why. I said simply, I don't want us living here. I just kept saying it over and over. I lost it. 

We left there after that went on for 5 minutes. 

We ended up in a house two streets over.

The even more weird part came when a friend and I walked past that same house about 5 months later. It was still empty.

I said out loud, that house is still empty to which my friend, whom didn't know we almost moved in there said to me this.......

"Did you know last year a whole family was murdered in that house? The father came home and shot his wife and kids. The police showed up and the father was shot dead by the police"

That, sent chills up my spine and the hair on my neck stood up. 

It's all true. 

Yep me too from the age of 16, and l have also had the experience you had, l went into Melbourne about a month after the nutter drive his car through half a dozen people, and could sense the uneasy feeling l got when l walked past, (a bit like being forced to go to a slaughterhouse) and yeah, l walked past there as quickly as l could.

I also had a weird feeling come over me, when l drove my car into the local shopping ctr, (a guy asked me when l got out of my car about some survey) but shrugged it off.

 

When l got back to my car, someone had opened the door, (the lock was up, and l double checked the door when l got out). There where also signs of tampering with the ignition key lock, so someone had opened the door and tried to start my car.

These days l use a steering wheel lock, but yeah, trust your feelings, it may save your life one day.
 

Quote

 

Yea, I don't tell most people because I know they won't believe me. Which I understand but sometimes it leads to arguments because some want to mock or make back handed remarks. Which I won't tolerate.


 

Yes, ironic isn't it, some don't believe in God, but will go down the l don't believe it,  path when someone else provides proof, (real proof, not l believe proof).

If you don't believe in that then you have to believe in something outside of yourself instead, and will defend that, regardless of if it is true or not.

That kind of mindset is what is messing up this world so much, (the adviser is telling me this is true, so it is, eventhough he is really just grabbing cash).

Real progress is made when you look at all of the evidence, and believe in where it is leading, not forget, dismiss or change it so you can not believe it.

 

The ones that cannot believe in something regardless of how good the evidence is, are the ones that will unfortunately have another shot down here, (or maybe several) until they finally get it.

Or it is a war between the old mindsets that UFO's don't exist, ghosts don't exist and anything else.

Eventhough it all does, and they are only hurting themselves in the end!

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'mConvinced
2 hours ago, tmcom said:

Yes, ironic isn't it, some don't believe in God, but will go down the l don't believe it,  path when someone else provides proof, (real proof, not l believe proof).

There is no proof.

2 hours ago, tmcom said:

f you don't believe in that then you have to believe in something outside of yourself instead, and will defend that, regardless of if it is true or not.

What? 

3 hours ago, tmcom said:

That kind of mindset is what is messing up this world so much, (the adviser is telling me this is true, so it is, eventhough he is really just grabbing cash).

No it isn't and the adviser? 

3 hours ago, tmcom said:

Real progress is made when you look at all of the evidence, and believe in where it is leading, not forget, dismiss or change it so you can not believe it.

Real progress doesn't require belief, it requires the scientific method.  This is why no one takes alien abduction evidence seriously.

3 hours ago, tmcom said:

The ones that cannot believe in something regardless of how good the evidence is, are the ones that will unfortunately have another shot down here, (or maybe several) until they finally get it.

There isn't any 'good evidence' there are only stories, unverified and inconsistent stories at that.

3 hours ago, tmcom said:

Or it is a war between the old mindsets that UFO's don't exist, ghosts don't exist and anything else.

Eventhough it all does, and they are only hurting themselves in the end!

Believe in anything you want but there is no decent, verifiable evidence to support your position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom
44 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

There is no proof.

What? 

No it isn't and the adviser? 

Real progress doesn't require belief, it requires the scientific method.  This is why no one takes alien abduction evidence seriously.

There isn't any 'good evidence' there are only stories, unverified and inconsistent stories at that.

Believe in anything you want but there is no decent, verifiable evidence to support your position.

True, we need the scientific method, and we also need to take all available evidence on board, to come up with the most likely or obvious answer, (a method sadly lacking, especially here).

No good evidence to prove God exists, true at face value.

No decent, lol, yes there is, but there is also refusing to believe in something on the bases of fear or external projection to compensate for inner void.

Or in other words the closer you get to proving that someones long cherished belief isn't true, the more ridiculous and anger you get back.

 

Nothing wrong with Atheists, or skeptics l used to be one when l was very young, but p****ing away vast amounts of cash, or causing unneeded suffering for it, no, that isn't right.

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'mConvinced
4 minutes ago, tmcom said:

 

Nothing wrong with Atheists, or skeptics l used to be one when l was very young, but p****ing away vast amounts of cash, or causing unneeded suffering for it, no, that isn't right.

Who is doing this and in what way please?

5 minutes ago, tmcom said:

No decent, lol, yes there is, but there is also refusing to believe in something on the bases of fear or external projection to compensate for inner void.

Then please give me what you consider to be the best piece of evidence you have.  I only refuse to believe in things I cannot prove to be true, there is no fear or void and I am happy to change my belief when enough evidence has been presented.  Do you have anything other than peoples stories to show us? 

7 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Or in other words the closer you get to proving that someones long cherished belief isn't true, the more ridiculous and anger you get back.

That would depend on who you are talking to and certainly isn't a good description of myself.  This may be true for those who are willing to believe in things without evidence however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom
3 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Who is doing this and in what way please?

Man Made Global Warming being one, and l won't say here what l think about it, just that there is some individuals, who act first and think later.

Closing down a handful of our power plants, and excessively driving up costs in AU, while we supply coal to over 400 worldwide is insane.

3 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Then please give me what you consider to be the best piece of evidence you have.  I only refuse to believe in things I cannot prove to be true, there is no fear or void and I am happy to change my belief when enough evidence has been presented.  Do you have anything other than peoples stories to show us? 

That would depend on who you are talking to and certainly isn't a good description of myself.  This may be true for those who are willing to believe in things without evidence however.

Best to go through my feed, since it isn't on topic.

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'mConvinced
37 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Man Made Global Warming being one, and l won't say here what l think about it, just that there is some individuals, who act first and think later.

Closing down a handful of our power plants, and excessively driving up costs in AU, while we supply coal to over 400 worldwide is insane.

Yet it is the believers, not the skeptics, driving the change you think is destructive.  Maybe, like with Ghosts, aliens etc it's dangerous to believe in things that aren't proven!

39 minutes ago, tmcom said:

Best to go through my feed, since it isn't on topic.

B)

Evidence for ghosts isn't on topic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tmcom
29 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Yet it is the believers, not the skeptics, driving the change you think is destructive.  Maybe, like with Ghosts, aliens etc it's dangerous to believe in things that aren't proven!

Plenty of very good evidence to confirm that MMGW is a lie,...but if some want to believe in it, then anything short of Mass Media exclaiming it, will fall on death ears.

29 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Evidence for ghosts isn't on topic? 

No UFO's!

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.