Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Judgement Day, Is It Real?

INeedAnswersPLZ

29 minutes ago, and then said:

One of the greatest proofs of the accuracy of God's word is prophecy.  While many today scoff and laugh, events are moving in and around the nation of Israel - its very existence is a miracle by modern standards - that were foretold around 2600 years ago.  Those here that ignore these things have already acknowledged that they wouldn't believe in prophecy even if the events came to fruition in front of their eyes.  That's not an expression of logic or intelligence, it's just willfulness.  I think I'll err on the side of believing that Judgment Day is real as well.  

Many thought Nostrodamus was on the money too though. 

Considering such prophets in antiquity and modern eras, prophesy appears to be in the eye of the beholder. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Many thought Nostrodamus was on the money too though. 

Considering such prophets in antiquity and modern eras, prophesy appears to be in the eye of the beholder. 

I really don’t think much of Nostradamus to be honest.  I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on Edgar Casey though.  If you find yourself so inclined of course.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I really don’t think much of Nostradamus to be honest.  I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on Edgar Casey though.  If you find yourself so inclined of course.

Well, California did not slip into the ocean, new York is still standing, and no great crystal from Atlantis has surfaced, so no more accurate than Nostradamus? 

• Like 4

Just now, psyche101 said:

Well, California did not slip into the ocean, new York is still standing, and no great crystal from Atlantis has surfaced, so no more accurate than Nostradamus? 

Right.  So, he made some obvious false prophecies.  My thought would be did he make any real ones?   If he did, he’s possibly 50/50?  But that back half has more weight since the future is impossible to predict, being non-existent.  But there are the reported healings so that is something,  maybe I’m just fascinated by the whole astral projection and hall of records bit.  What is it....the Akashic?  Spellings prolly off on that......

But the whole astral realm piece is very fascinating.  The criticism is of course legitimate.  Maybe it is all in our heads.  At the same time, this whole other realm accessed by the mind, or spirit is not only quite possible, but actually makes sense to me.  One can not deny that our minds are really something, and maybe that’s the key and maybe that’s what God made and intended in the first place.  IDK.....I’m just rambling now   I know this can’t be proven or dismissed so I know we’re just expressing opinions.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Hi and then

I haven't read through the whole thread, so maybe this has been answered, but what exactly is the Judgement Day? 

How will it play out in your opinion? Is there Biblical scripture concerning these things?

Excuse my ignorance on this matter, but to be honest, as I understand it, Im not really a believer per se, I mean, I see the Apocalypse more as an unveiling of the truth, and then a new begining so to speak.

Is the Apocalypse and Judgement Day even the same thing?

Thanks...

The Bible says "it is appointed unto man, once to die and then the judgment".  Literally, I believe each of us is being fashioned for a purpose during this earthly existence and when our time here is finished, we are evaluated.  Those who accept the gift of pardon that was provided by our intercessor, Christ, are only judged on how we used that gift.  Those who knowingly reject Him die a second death that is eternal.  I don't believe the Apocalypse is the same thing as the Judgment.  As you said, it is the "unveiling" of the true person of Christ Jesus.  In the Apocalypse, the world will finally learn who He is and why He died for us.  Most will fight against Him.  The scriptures that relate to this are really too numerous to cite but you can get a very good understanding of it by reading Paul's letter to the Romans.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, and then said:

The scriptures that relate to this are really too numerous to cite but you can get a very good understanding of it by reading Paul's letter to the Romans.

Don't forget the Melchizedek scroll that bares witness at least a century before Paul.

http://www.gnosis.org/library/commelc.htm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Right.  So, he made some obvious false prophecies.  My thought would be did he make any real ones?   If he did, he’s possibly 50/50?  But that back half has more weight since the future is impossible to predict, being non-existent.  But there are the reported healings so that is something,  maybe I’m just fascinated by the whole astral projection and hall of records bit.  What is it....the Akashic?  Spellings prolly off on that......

To the best of my knowledge, the medical examinations were as accurate as the prophesies, Cayce's wife was diagnosed with tuberculosis, yet Cayce's evaluation was and I quote:

.... from the head, pains along through the body from the second, fifth and sixth dorsals, and from the first and second lumbar...tie-ups here, floating lesions, or lateral lesions, in the muscular and nerve fibers which supply the lower end of the lung and the diaphragm...in conjunction with the sympathetic nerve of the solar plexus, coming in conjunction with the solar plexus at the end of the stomach.... (Gardner 1957: 217)

He mentioned the lung, which gave proponents hope, but clearly misdiagnosed his own wife. 

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

But the whole astral realm piece is very fascinating.  The criticism is of course legitimate.  Maybe it is all in our heads.  At the same time, this whole other realm accessed by the mind, or spirit is not only quite possible, but actually makes sense to me.  One can not deny that our minds are really something, and maybe that’s the key and maybe that’s what God made and intended in the first place.  IDK.....I’m just rambling now   I know this can’t be proven or dismissed so I know we’re just expressing opinions.  

Well each to their own, its no secret I don't believe such exists, the stars in the night sky suffice for me. It still blows me away that we have rovers on Mars, I can put a wallpaper of another planet on my desktop for my own satisfaction. That really blows me away. 

Another planet!!!!

And now I'm rambling see what you started now!! :):)

• Like 4

On 1/8/2018 at 4:45 AM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

God is omnipotent without a doubt so I ask why would he destroy the world he created because of the crime and hate when he can easily manipulate our minds to make us believers and all equal in the name of peace?

God has started over a number of times. With the Flood, He wiped out almost all humanity. So, why didn't He brainwash all of those people? Simply because He wants us to do it for ourselves. Unfortunately we're extremely bad at being good. God wants peace, but humanity does not.

Judgement Day isn't a thing to be feared. Unless you are a unrepentant black hearted sinner. Or an uber stubborn logic driven skeptic. Because it is not an End, but a new beginning. Just as any number of mythos have new beginnings.

Ragnarok in the Norse religion was basically the same thing as Judgement Day, with almost everyone dying in the final war, and only a handful starting over with the Resurrected Baldur as their leader.

Except in the Christian tradition, almost anyone who admits Jesus is the Savior and repents of their sins can get into the New Heaven and New Earth. So simple, yet so hard for so many. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 0:16 AM, davros of skaro said:

You're All Gonna Die!

How the Jews Kept Failing to Predict Doomsday and Caused Christianity Instead

https://www.richardcarrier.info/doomsday.pdf?x23333

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Xg4zFQyqY

Man, that PDF was extraordinarily badly edited. It almost hurt me to look through it. ( Wanted to say "read through it", but reading it isn't really what was happening....)

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

God has started over a number of times. With the Flood, He wiped out almost all humanity. So, why didn't He brainwash all of those people? Simply because He wants us to do it for ourselves. Unfortunately we're extremely bad at being good. God wants peace, but humanity does not.

The non-existent flood. God isn't even very good at telling stories it would seem.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DieChecker said:

God wants peace, but humanity does not.

You would think his final revelation through Muhammad would have fixed things?

Judgement Day isn't a thing to be feared. Unless you are a unrepentant black hearted sinner. Or an uber stubborn logic driven skeptic. Because it is not an End, but a new beginning. Just as any number of mythos have new beginnings.

You forgot to mention doing research, and finding out it's just another mythos.

Except in the Christian tradition, almost anyone who admits Jesus is the Savior and repents of their sins can get into the New Heaven and New Earth. So simple, yet so hard for so many

Would you say the same thing for Mickey Mouse in order to get into the Magic Kingdom? 

Man, that PDF was extraordinarily badly edited. It almost hurt me to look through it. ( Wanted to say "read through it", but reading it isn't really what was happening....)

It helps to zoom in. Hey! Why not watch the lecture instead?

• Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 3:02 AM, DieChecker said:

Ragnarok in the Norse religion was basically the same thing as Judgement Day, with almost everyone dying in the final war, and only a handful starting over with the Resurrected Baldur as their leader.

There's actually no conclusive evidence of Ragnarok being part of germanic mythology before being exposed to Christianity. Most of its attestations are in Snorri's Eddas, which are heavily Christianized. Considering that Ragnarok is so strikingly different from all of the rest of the pre-christian Germanic mythology that we have record of, it's a late-developed example of Christian syncretism at best, and a re-skinned Christian end-of-days story at worst.

The only attestation that might be truly pre-Christian is the Thorwald's Cross, which has been dated to some time between 940 and sometime in the 11th century. The fact that it is a cross, however, strongly suggests that it has been exposed to Christianity. Furthermore, it was found on the Isle of Mann, which is markedly south from the rest of the Germanic world, and therefore would have had its mythology polluted by Christianity much earlier than other parts of the Norse world.

Edited by Podo
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 9:26 AM, Scudbuster said:

Hey, that is not my position

I'm glad to know it!  Apparently, a very vast number of others will be just like you when the time comes.  I was just speaking of a few here on UM that get a little militant about their beliefs ;) 

How long are people going to hope in the death of everything. Just so they can have this giant rave with psychedelic lights and Jesus blasting out heaven's dubstep?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

How long are people going to hope in the death of everything. Just so they can have this giant rave with psychedelic lights and Jesus blasting out heaven's dubstep?

Yes, because it is easier to welcome the end of all things than it is to actually do anything to bring betterment into the world. Abrahamic theists are not fans of personal responsibility, choosing to allow some magical force to do all the heavy lifting for them. Don't like the world? That's fine, just wait a bit, it'll end and be remade perfect. No effort required.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Podo said:

Yes, because it is easier to welcome the end of all things than it is to actually do anything to bring betterment into the world. Abrahamic theists are not fans of personal responsibility, choosing to allow some magical force to do all the heavy lifting for them. Don't like the world? That's fine, just wait a bit, it'll end and be remade perfect. No effort required.

It is strange isn't it. Rather pessimist with a touch of nihilism. To hope for such things. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It is strange isn't it. Rather pessimist with a touch of nihilism. To hope for such things. 

And yet, they call us nihilistic. I guess self-awareness isn't encouraged in the abrahamic writings.

• Like 3

On 2/15/2018 at 7:35 AM, Rlyeh said:

The non-existent flood. God isn't even very good at telling stories it would seem.

I thought it was proven that there was a Black Sea flood that was the underlying story of the Babylonian and other ME flood myths?

On 2/16/2018 at 1:52 PM, Podo said:

There's actually no conclusive evidence of Ragnarok being part of germanic mythology before being exposed to Christianity. Most of its attestations are in Snorri's Eddas, which are heavily Christianized. Considering that Ragnarok is so strikingly different from all of the rest of the pre-christian Germanic mythology that we have record of, it's a late-developed example of Christian syncretism at best, and a re-skinned Christian end-of-days story at worst.

The only attestation that might be truly pre-Christian is the Thorwald's Cross, which has been dated to some time between 940 and sometime in the 11th century. The fact that it is a cross, however, strongly suggests that it has been exposed to Christianity. Furthermore, it was found on the Isle of Mann, which is markedly south from the rest of the Germanic world, and therefore would have had its mythology polluted by Christianity much earlier than other parts of the Norse world.

Probably True. But there isn't any good records of ANY thing of Norse Mythology before the influence of Christianity. Because the older written works go back to the 8th or 9th century, I believe, meaning Christian missionaries were probably running around Scandinavia for six or seven hundred years before that.

On 2/15/2018 at 11:07 PM, davros of skaro said:

You would think his final revelation through Muhammad would have fixed things?

Muhammad is the L Ron Hubbard of the 16th century. Make of that what you will.

You forgot to mention doing research, and finding out it's just another mythos.

So, if it is just another mythos, then again, there is nothing to fear... No?

Would you say the same thing for Mickey Mouse in order to get into the Magic Kingdom? 

If I was getting into the Magic Kingdom forever, and it was the last place that would exist anywhere? You bet I would.

It helps to zoom in. Hey! Why not watch the lecture instead?

I purposefully didn't comment on the material, simply the way it was edited.

On 2/16/2018 at 2:59 PM, XenoFish said:

Is not the Earth going to die someday? You are purposefully turning it around. It is the hope of eternal life that drives people (or should). That everything else passes away is simply a result of the universe moving on.

16 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I thought it was proven that there was a Black Sea flood that was the underlying story of the Babylonian and other ME flood myths?

And almost wiped out all of humanity?

3 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

And almost wiped out all of humanity?

Apparently enough for it to make into the basis of a myth that stayed in the region for thousands of years before it was even written down.

There have been entire towns found deep under the Black Sea that were submerged in a matter of days or weeks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge_hypothesis

Edited by DieChecker