Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Judgement Day, Is It Real?

INeedAnswersPLZ

God is omnipotent without a doubt so I ask why would he destroy the world he created because of the crime and hate when he can easily manipulate our minds to make us believers and all equal in the name of peace?

God is so omnipotent he was concerned humans would become too powerful so he confused their language.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

God is omnipotent without a doubt so I ask why would he destroy the world he created because of the crime and hate when he can easily manipulate our minds to make us believers and all equal in the name of peace?

I don't know  maybe he wants to dress up and play judge Judy. I don't particularly agree that there is a judgement day in the biblical sense, but here in the world of man every day is judgement day.

jmccr8

• Like 6

Growing up secular, (no attending services at all and not reading constantly in a religious book), there didn't seem to be something in my world, that would say there's going to be a judgment day. In fact, there didn't seem to be any situation to show there was something that would happen like that, or things in accordance to it. If that makes sense. It's like someone in the desert having to concern themselves with snow, or considering when there is balance in the force, when you go to battle Klingons in your Federation starship. ;) (or tell a Jedi to 'live long and prosper') There's just no meaning of how that would occur in my life. 

With that said, I think it should also be considered, that 'judgement day', ( that seems to be 'talked about' in the religious circles) has be going on for a very long time, and yet 'judgement day' seems very far of. Yes, yes, I guess I understand when it is suppose to happen is not to be known, ( if I got that right ), but to have so much time pass by, and still it's a far off thing to consider.......

In my observation and outlook, I think it's not something substantial. *shrugs* 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

No.

• Like 6

On 1/8/2018 at 7:45 AM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

To understand "Judgement Day", you must first understand the Book of Daniel.

http://www.2think.org/hundredsheep/bible/comment/daniel.shtml

• Like 2

On 1/8/2018 at 4:45 AM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

A thoughtful person judges themselves, and learns from their mistakes.  Will there be a judgment the way the Bible describes?  Well, I guess that's a belief that a person can choose to accept or not.  If one chooses to accept this belief, then I hope they have enough sense to ask themselves the question.....why do I believe that the Bible is actually God speaking or directing these things to be written.  

Because, if God actually wrote a book, it would have to be unquestioningly remarkable.  

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Guyver said:

if God actually wrote a book, it would have to be unquestioningly remarkable.  

Here's that 'unquestioningly remarkable' book.

http://bigbluebook.org/

The_Urantia_Book_sans_cover_300.jpg

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

Oh my various gods, everybody has a book with all the answers.  People seem to want to have a god looking over their neighbors shoulder to keep them inline.  Then there is the revenge factor,  anyone who has wronged you will face judgement.  I've lost count of the many finger wagging Christians who have told me, I'm going pay when I meet my maker, just for not believing  their line of bull.  Also if, you think the end is just around the corner it gets you off the hook for leaving a sustainable planet to the future.  Nice and comforting to think of a super being coming to rescue us from ourselves.   

• Like 5

Well, because of freewill, God wouldn't want to completely mind control us, or our true will would never be known.

The greeks said Tartarus (Hell) is the same distance from Hades, as Heaven is from Earth. Jesus also scrapes this in the Gospel with Lazarus and the rich man in Hell asking for water.

So, there's more than Hell, but the prophecy goes that one day Hades and Hell and Sea must also go, on Judgement day.

In Greek legend, a lot of lakes, domains of the Sea have secret entrances to the realm of Hades.

But, if blood is shed there must be blood shed in order to heal, like a homeostasis, in some way there has to be revenge or karma.Which is the law of the Torah.

And the human race is evil, it makes me wonder if certain people would enjoy the lake of fire more than the other places. Aristotle says that everything goes toward its own nature which is gravity.

Edited by Opus Magnus

On 1/8/2018 at 2:45 PM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

Because of free will: Whats the use of being in paradise when you are one of the vegetables?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Well, because of freewill, God wouldn't want to completely mind control us, or our true will would never be known.

The greeks said Tartarus (Hell) is the same distance from Hades, as Heaven is from Earth. Jesus also scrapes this in the Gospel with Lazarus and the rich man in Hell asking for water.

So, there's more than Hell, but the prophecy goes that one day Hades and Hell and Sea must also go, on Judgement day.

In Greek legend, a lot of lakes, domains of the Sea have secret entrances to the realm of Hades.

But, if blood is shed there must be blood shed in order to heal, like a homeostasis, in some way there has to be revenge or karma.Which is the law of the Torah.

And the human race is evil, it makes me wonder if certain people would enjoy the lake of fire more than the other places. Aristotle says that everything goes toward its own nature which is gravity.

There you go, finger wagging.  FingerWag.gif   

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Well the saying is you wouldn't be happy in heaven if you have hell in your heart.

jmccr8 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

There you go, finger wagging.  FingerWag.gif   

It's just old wisdom, keep your expectations of man low. If you have access to anything, and went to high school, you'll know how evil people are. War is never going to end, and with war comes murder, rape and genocide, but these things never stop even in peace. So, yeah, there's a deep seated evil in mankind that will never go away.

Edited by Opus Magnus
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

And the human race is evil, it makes me wonder if certain people would enjoy the lake of fire more than the other places.

tumblr_m3702kYNQB1qh1sdyo1_1280.jpg

658e7141fd669c48f4df56daec62bf12.jpg

15 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

tumblr_m3702kYNQB1qh1sdyo1_1280.jpg

658e7141fd669c48f4df56daec62bf12.jpg

Yeah, that's why he says his name is Jealous.  But, Paul calls jealousy one of his chosen sins in the New Testament, leading to some confusion.

Wouldn't judgment be suspended, if jealousy did not take over? 

On 1/8/2018 at 4:45 AM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

If everything is not just random, and there is an entity responsible for this mess...then I propose that a) it isn't God and b ) it isn't good. 

Think ant farm. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 8:18 AM, Rlyeh said:

God is so omnipotent he was concerned humans would become too powerful so he confused their language.

Kept knowledge in a tree and told us not to eat from it, lest we become like them, knowing good and evil. 

• Like 1

Judgement Day it's when your wife find the password of your email box. Your wife became at this moment omnipresent and whatever you do you will be omni**cked

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 2

On 1/10/2018 at 2:52 AM, Will Due said:

Here's that 'unquestioningly remarkable' book.

http://bigbluebook.org/

The_Urantia_Book_sans_cover_300.jpg

Hayyy Will, ditto, i got one like that:

mckinney-toilet-paper-hed-2016.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 0:45 PM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

So what happens when civilization advances to the level that it can not only recover everyone who has ever lived but everything they did in their lives are known?

On 1/12/2018 at 10:54 AM, Opus Magnus said:

. So, yeah, there's a deep seated evil in mankind that will never go away.

So, you think the answer is to wait for a sky god who judges all by a standard written down by goat herders 3000 years ago. 

• Like 2

No, that's only part of it. There's still tons of work to be done while waiting.

2 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

So, you think the answer is to wait for a sky god who judges all by a standard written down by goat herders 3000 years ago.