Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Judgement Day, Is It Real?

INeedAnswersPLZ

5 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

So, you think the answer is to wait for a sky god who judges all by a standard written down by goat herders 3000 years ago. 

Well, we COULD just trust President Trump instead ? 

OK... ok... stop shouting.... I'll get the goat herders :P 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

There has been quite a numbe of apocalyptie, and there will certainly be more.

Most traditions have them written into their mythology because they were real events. The next ones are bound to be doosies. 

On 08/01/2018 at 10:45 PM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

God is omnipotent without a doubt so I ask why would he destroy the world he created because of the crime and hate when he can easily manipulate our minds to make us believers and all equal in the name of peace?

Wheres the drama in that? 

Won't hold a readers attention and you kill the story before it gets up and running 

From a literary point of view it makes plenty of sense 

• Like 2

You're All Gonna Die!

How the Jews Kept Failing to Predict Doomsday and Caused Christianity Instead

https://www.richardcarrier.info/doomsday.pdf?x23333

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Xg4zFQyqY

• Like 4

On 8 January 2018 at 0:45 PM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

God is omnipotent without a doubt so I ask why would he destroy the world he created because of the crime and hate when he can easily manipulate our minds to make us believers and all equal in the name of peace?

Because alongside this gift of eternal life, God gave us free will, thus giving us the chance to experience and learn from; to eventually demonstrate our Divine Beingness.

Im not sure what you mean by Judgement Day, but from other folk I know, its basically mayhem for those who aren't "saved", basically a WWIII scenario. Which I think is selling God a little short in my opinion.

On 8 January 2018 at 5:44 PM, jmccr8 said:

I don't know  maybe he wants to dress up and play judge Judy. I don't particularly agree that there is a judgement day in the biblical sense, but here in the world of man every day is judgement day.

jmccr8

Or maybe some men want to dress up and play god?

Maybe this whole Judgement Day thing is a diabolical plan to depopulate the worlds peoples?

But I kind of agree with your last point, every day is a judgement for man, are we going to be able to rise to the occasion, and actually help one another to eradicate war, poverty, disease and ignorance for example?

Christianity as it stands today, not Christs message, but what has actually been done with it, Christianity seems to me to be nothing more than a death cult. Born in terrible violence with the death of Christ, and ending in terrible violence too. Every human on the planet has been turned into either a 1, or a zero. Either you are with us or against us.

This sounds more like the work of a devil, rather than God in my opinion. "Divide and Conquer".

And then we have the Jewish Messiah, a military man who will eventually bring peace by placing that tribe back on top of the heap.

And then we have the Iman Mahdi, who apparently is going to make everyone bend the knee to Allah and Islam.

The exodus of Mosses was founded in a violent act, and Islam was "exported" via the sword and is still today covered in blood, at least that's how the story goes..

God is DIVINE SPIRIT, THE ALL, ONENESS, THE ABSOLUTE, this stuff above, this isn't humanity showing off its divinity, more like its diabolical side.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 1:45 PM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

peace

You need a song:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Maybe this whole Judgement Day thing is a diabolical plan to depopulate the worlds peoples?

But I kind of agree with your last point, every day is a judgement for man, are we going to be able to rise to the occasion, and actually help one another to eradicate war, poverty, disease and ignorance for example?

Only if mankind realizes they have to do it on their own.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Hi Crazy horse,

As already noted we have different concepts of what god is so there is no point in discussing what god is between us. Nor do I believe in diabolical depopulation plans by nefarious agents of doom so once again not much point in discussing that either.

As for your last part of the post my short answer is no and my optimistic answer is not likely. All any of us can do is work to that end goal with the hope that we can be a positive influence to help reduce the effects of those that are selfish and abusers.

I don't have bad feeling with you and have followed your posts and think you do make some good points and have good intentions. Based on past experience with you I doubt that we can have a constructive discussion.

jmccr8 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy horse,

As already noted we have different concepts of what god is so there is no point in discussing what god is between us. Nor do I believe in diabolical depopulation plans by nefarious agents of doom so once again not much point in discussing that either.

As for your last part of the post my short answer is no and my optimistic answer is not likely. All any of us can do is work to that end goal with the hope that we can be a positive influence to help reduce the effects of those that are selfish and abusers.

I don't have bad feeling with you and have followed your posts and think you do make some good points and have good intentions. Based on past experience with you I doubt that we can have a constructive discussion.

jmccr8 

Hi jmccr8

I concur, so to save both of us any unnecessary hassle etc, I have put you on ignor.

Have a great life.

Judgement day was invented in order to instill fear and sell faith. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Piney said:

Only if mankind realizes they have to do it on their own.

Hi Piney

In my experience God helps those who help themselves, and yes, we have to do all the leg-work, the planning, the motivating, the hard yards, but in my opinion at least, if we at least make a start, then the universe will get behind us and help us when we need it most!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Hi Piney

In my experience God helps those who help themselves, and yes, we have to do all the leg-work, the planning, the motivating, the hard yards, but in my opinion at least, if we at least make a start, then the universe will get behind us and help us when we need it most!

So your saying dinosaurs should have worshipped??? 

Many species have gone extinct, and no universe helped them. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Hi Piney

Tell that to all the people who do everything they can to stay healthy, active, and happy, yet who die of terrible illnesses.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Podo said:

Tell that to all the people who do everything they can to stay healthy, active, and happy, yet who die of terrible illnesses.

Good evening Mr Podo

Terrible illnesses are just that. And sometimes no matter what we do to look after ourselves just isnt enough, after all, if it was enough, then those folks would still be alive.

You have a healthy and active and happy day now.

44 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

So your saying dinosaurs should have worshipped??? 

Many species have gone extinct, and no universe helped them. 

Hello Mr psyche

Did I mention the word worship? 

Were those species self aware, aware of God, aware of this concept and feeling we can love, compassion, kindness?

You have a great day now.

26 minutes ago, Podo said:

but in my opinion at least, if we at least make a start, then the universe will get behind us and help us when we need it most!

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Good evening Mr Podo

Terrible illnesses are just that. And sometimes no matter what we do to look after ourselves just isnt enough, after all, if it was enough, then those folks would still be alive.

You have a healthy and active and happy day now.

So the above quotes material actually doesn't apply, because the universe does not "get behind" some people. It's almost as though there is no divine intelligence floating around healing and helping people. How...inconsistent...of you.

Crazy, that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Podo said:

So the above quotes material actually doesn't apply, because the universe does not "get behind" some people. It's almost as though there is no divine intelligence floating around healing and helping people. How...inconsistent...of you.

Crazy, that.

Everybody dies Podo, whether the universe is right behind you or not.

You have a great day.

12 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Everybody dies Podo, whether the universe is right behind you or not.

You have a great day.

Yes but only a special kind of arrogant crudwaffle proclaims that their all-loving god kills people with horrific illnesses for some kind of grand plan.

• Like 3

Just now, Podo said:

Yes but only a special kind of arrogant crudwaffle proclaims that their all-loving god kills people with horrific illnesses for some kind of grand plan.

Who made that claim Mr Podo?

That God kills people with horrific illnesses for some kind of grand plan?

You have a grand day Mr P.

• Like 1

One of the greatest proofs of the accuracy of God's word is prophecy.  While many today scoff and laugh, events are moving in and around the nation of Israel - its very existence is a miracle by modern standards - that were foretold around 2600 years ago.  Those here that ignore these things have already acknowledged that they wouldn't believe in prophecy even if the events came to fruition in front of their eyes.  That's not an expression of logic or intelligence, it's just willfulness.  I think I'll err on the side of believing that Judgment Day is real as well.  

5 minutes ago, and then said:

One of the greatest proofs of the accuracy of God's word is prophecy.  While many today scoff and laugh, events are moving in and around the nation of Israel - its very existence is a miracle by modern standards - that were foretold around 2600 years ago.  Those here that ignore these things have already acknowledged that they wouldn't believe in prophecy even if the events came to fruition in front of their eyes.  That's not an expression of logic or intelligence, it's just willfulness.  I think I'll err on the side of believing that Judgment Day is real as well.  

Hi and then

I haven't read through the whole thread, so maybe this has been answered, but what exactly is the Judgement Day? 

How will it play out in your opinion? Is there Biblical scripture concerning these things?

Excuse my ignorance on this matter, but to be honest, as I understand it, Im not really a believer per se, I mean, I see the Apocalypse more as an unveiling of the truth, and then a new begining so to speak.

Is the Apocalypse and Judgement Day even the same thing?

Thanks...

27 minutes ago, Podo said:

Or for being out of favour with God. 

Its atrocious it really is. 

As Dawkins points out, Craig argues not only that it's morally acceptable to kill women and children, the elderly and the disabled, but that the most troubling part of the whole story is the psychological trauma inflicted on the Israelite soldiers who were ordered to kill them. Craig not only isn't embarrassed by this monstrous position; he digs in and defends it: 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/bigthink.com/daylight-atheism/more-christians-defending-genocide.amp

• Like 5