Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NBC declares next U.S. president

Sooth Sayer

In case you missed it last night. Our kind and gentle (know it all) overlords at NBC have decided on our next President (how kind of them to not have asked us for our input). 

And the golden NBC presidential winner is......Oprah! 

In a tweet from @nbc the rest of the U.S. was informed that they at NBC (with the approval of Hollywood's most wealthy elitists of course) whom was their favorite number one choice. 

No need for anyone to vote or campaign for any candidates. (<----slight contempt and sarcasm)

So what do you guys think? 

tweet.jpg

NBC has retracted and apologized for a tweet declaring Oprah Winfrey “our future president.”

Link

What do I think?

I think she would be untouchable and above any criticism, in other words, the antithesis of what the media are doing with you-know-who.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Link

What do I think?

I think she would be untouchable and above any criticism, in other words, the antithesis of what the media are doing with you-know-who.

She who must not be named.

• Like 2

It looks like they're happily removing the "veil" of bias and proclaiming their intentions to the entire world.

I guess they are in charge now. 

18 minutes ago, Sooth Sayer said:

No.

• Like 8

All these networks are so Bias that I don't watch much news anymore. You don't know what's truth or fiction.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Sooth Sayer said:

In case you missed it last night. Our kind and gentle (know it all) overlords at NBC have decided on our next President (how kind of them to not have asked us for our input). 

And the golden NBC presidential winner is......Oprah! 

In a tweet from @nbc the rest of the U.S. was informed that they at NBC (with the approval of Hollywood's most wealthy elitists of course) whom was their favorite number one choice. 

No need for anyone to vote or campaign for any candidates. (<----slight contempt and sarcasm)

I think NBC is pushing a not-so-subtle message in to the Universe. I don't think they are banking on Oprah per say, but they are priming the audience for a celebrity POTUS next election run that the MSM will happily back. I also think they are feeling so disenfranchised after Trump they are going to push an equally ridiculous candidate on to the stage just to spite the people wanted him. At least Trump has some business bravado and seems relatively comfortable in a position of authority. They can't really say the same for other silly choices like The Rock or Oprah though they WILL try and equate the two. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

....push an equally ridiculous candidate on to the stage....

They already did push a ridiculous candidate and she lost. For the second time. :ph34r:

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, maxcred said:

It isn't NBC that picks US presidents now, It's Putin.

And it was NBC that said Putin picked the president

• Like 9

Look, NBC isn't the only one putting stuff out on Twitter that, with just a little more thought, nobody would. I can't think of his name right now, but there's some big-shot politican who's notorious for doing just that.

BUT, now that you mention it, I've heard and read worse campaign speeches. Just sayin'.

http://ew.com/awards/2018/01/08/oprah-winfrey-golden-globes-speech-transcript/

• Like 2

Hopefully they meant the president of NBC.

All this nonsense, like them all wearing black for "awareness" and pushing the "woman agenda", is another set-up to get the dumb, dont-know-whats-good-for-them American public used to the idea of a woman in the White House. Just like the bombardment of tv shows and movies from the recent past with either an afr-amer or woman president. They just think we are too stupid to see what they've been doing.

• Like 4

Yesterday a tweet about the Golden Globes and Oprah Winfrey was sent by a third party agency for NBC Entertainment in real time during the broadcast. It is in reference to a joke made during the monologue and not meant to be a political statement. We have since removed the tweet.

55 minutes ago, skliss said:

All this nonsense, like them all wearing black for "awareness" and pushing the "woman agenda", is another set-up to get the dumb, dont-know-whats-good-for-them American public used to the idea of a woman in the White House. Just like the bombardment of tv shows and movies from the recent past with either an afr-amer or woman president. They just think we are too stupid to see what they've been doing.

I've noticed it for 15 years now. I am also officially sick of it. I personally do not care, either way, whom people endorse but, when you use your job as a soap box to beat others over the head with your own beliefs you're crossing the line.

I do not need some idiot actor or news media anchor telling me what's "good for me". 

• Like 7

It is hilarious that so many billionaires now are floating out their names...

Like, okay, Trump did it...any billionaire can get in now that he has opened the door.  What no one seems to get is that Trump is President...because he reads the American People, and they read him right back.  You can't fake that!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sooth Sayer said:

So true. :lol:

If he is an alien then he's doing the right thing.:lol:

• Like 2

Does anyone have a clue about what policies she supports? ANYONE? Nope. And they don't care. She's a billionaire TV personality on the left, so democrats are like "Oh, she'll counter Trump." She's supposedly the anti-Trump simply cause she's also a billionaire and was on TV, despite the fact that democrats don't know jack s**t about what her policy positions are. Hell, she probably doesn't know, cause the mere fact that she's a billionaire and was on TV and can make a stirring speach DOES NOT suddenly make her qualified for the damn job. I want someone on the left who actually has a vision, and who cares about policy substance, who can then use that to combat this clown in the oval office. Not some left-wing hack who doesn't know jack s**t about politics, but just happens to be popular. What's with all the effin' billionaire TV personalities? Why does the fact that they're on TV and make billions of dollars and are therefore popular, suddenly mean they know anything about policy or how to run the government? People are just a bunch of pathetic hacks who don't know crap about what they're talking about politically. All they want is for someone to stir their emotions cause they can't think critically about political issues. They're so stupid they center around cult-like leader of personality, rather than focus on any real policy substance. I'm ranting at this point, but I'm just so damned tired of this extreme level of stupidity.

I supported Bernie Sanders cause I supported his policies, nothing else. The dude was an old geezer who looked like he just rose out of his grave, who had an annoying way in which he talked, never combed his hair, had friggin' bug-eyed nerd glasses, wasn't famous for anything before this, and wasn't a very good speaker at all. Yet I supported him cause he had a vision for America that was rooted in policy substance, and I agreed with those policies. No other candidate had that. Not Hillary, not Trump, no one.

I don't care how friggin' rich and famous you are, that doesn't mean you know anything about policy substance, or how to run the country. Looks like the left is going down the same dumb path the republicans went down the last election. At this rate, it'll be ages before we finally get things like universal healthcare coverage and a living wage.

*sigh*

America's screwed...

Edited by Aquila King
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Link

What do I think?

IOW, she would be Obama Part II, and she probably would be just as divisive, mentioning racially charged incidents that took place when our grandparents were in their primes. Stedman would make a great First Beard, though.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, skliss said:

Some Americans really are too stupid to see what they've been doing. Real talk.

• Like 5