Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two teams have discovered the 4th dimension

NightScreams

18 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I never said they proved anything to physical science. I have seen a convincing body of evidence though that has convinced me. Psychic sensing can perceive things the physical senses can not.

Physical science is limited to the reach of the physical senses and instruments. 95% of the matter/energy in the universe is then not directly detectable (so-called dark matter).

Ok then, when Occult clairvoyants were asked to demonstrate their abilities they have failed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I posted them didn't I? If I thought they were bull**** or not interesting I wouldn't have linked them would I?

The red flaring up a bit?:lol:

4 hours ago, godnodog said:

Ok then, when Occult clairvoyants were asked to demonstrate their abilities they have failed.

I am talking about the clairvoyants of the Theosophical, eastern and western esoteric traditions. Can you show me where they were asked to demonstrate their abilities and they failed?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I am talking about the clairvoyants of the Theosophical, eastern and western esoteric traditions. Can you show me where they were asked to demonstrate their abilities and they failed?

"clairvoyants of the Theosophical, eastern and western esoteric traditions" I dont even know what that bs is and, honestly and knowingly I am closed minded on this, I dont really care to know.
I am not the one who has to show you them failing, how about someone shows me a peer reviewed scientific study case where one, just one, actually demonstrated their abilities.
How do they say? oh yeah "Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence".

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, godnodog said:

"clairvoyants of the Theosophical, eastern and western esoteric traditions" I dont even know what that bs is

However that didn't stop you from claiming Occult clairvoyants were asked to demonstrate their abilities they have failed

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

However that didn't stop you from claiming Occult clairvoyants were asked to demonstrate their abilities they have failed

Can you cut through the b.s. and back your claim? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Because tests have been made and they have always failed...google it

25 minutes ago, godnodog said:

Because tests have been made and they have always failed...google it

I must suspect you just say  ‘google it’ because you don’t have the requested support for your statements.

You can’t slipshod past a mind like mine :)

47 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I must suspect you just say  ‘google it’ because you don’t have the requested support for your statements.

Anyway, the burden of proof is on you only.

BTW, I`m still not sure if you are a hard-core esoteric or a hard-core troll, having a black belt in that discipline.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You can’t slipshod past a mind like mine :)

Am I the one who's claiming incredible stuff? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairvoyance#Scientific_reception

"

One skeptic, magician James Randi, has a longstanding offer—now U.S. $1 million—"to anyone who proves a genuine psychic power under proper observing conditions" (Randi, 1999). French, Australian, and Indian groups have parallel offers of up to 200,000 euros to anyone with demonstrable paranormal abilities (CFI, 2003). Large as these sums are, the scientific seal of approval would be worth far more to anyone whose claims could be authenticated. To refute those who say there is no ESP, one need only produce a single person who can demonstrate a single, reproducible ESP phenomenon. So far, no such person has emerged. Randi's offer has been publicized for three decades and dozens of people have been tested, sometimes under the scrutiny of an independent panel of judges. Still, nothing. "People's desire to believe in the paranormal is stronger than all the evidence that it does not exist." Susan Blackmore, "Blackmore's first law", 2004.[51]"

http://www.science20.com/news_releases/is_esp_real_harvard_scientists_say_they_have_settled_the_debate short answer is no

The only thing I could find was a very debatle "maybe there might be something" and even still...:

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/11/17/science-journal-withdraws-paper-suggested-evidence-some-people-are-psychic

Now please provide a science peer reviewed article because I "requested support for your statements" 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, toast said:

BTW, I`m still not sure if you are hard-core esoteric or a hard-core troll, having a black belt in that discipline.

If I were to make a comparison of my previous self to Georgie, I'd say a hard core esoteric. He has all the earmarks. 

• Like 1

I used to ride that esoteric wave. Where I looked for anything to validate my beliefs. Quantum woo and if I hadn't changed I'd add this as well.

On 1/9/2018 at 0:33 PM, papageorge1 said:

I never said they proved anything to physical science. I have seen a convincing body of evidence though that has convinced me. Psychic sensing can perceive things the physical senses can not.

Physical science is limited to the reach of the physical senses and instruments. 95% of the matter/energy in the universe is then not directly detectable (so-called dark matter).

The Force is not with that guy @godnodog 

Edited by Area201

43 minutes ago, toast said:

In this case our friend @godnodog  made the claim he couldn't prove: Occult clairvoyants were asked to demonstrate their abilities they have failed

46 minutes ago, toast said:

BTW, I`m still not sure if you are a hard-core esoteric or a hard-core troll, having a black belt in that discipline.

Actually, it is neither. I am just a rational observer of these subjects that listens to evidence and argumentation from all sides and forms a judgment on what is going on.

45 minutes ago, godnodog said:

Am I the one who's claiming incredible stuff? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairvoyance#Scientific_reception

"

One skeptic, magician James Randi, has a longstanding offer—now U.S. $1 million—"to anyone who proves a genuine psychic power under proper observing conditions" (Randi, 1999). French, Australian, and Indian groups have parallel offers of up to 200,000 euros to anyone with demonstrable paranormal abilities (CFI, 2003). Large as these sums are, the scientific seal of approval would be worth far more to anyone whose claims could be authenticated. To refute those who say there is no ESP, one need only produce a single person who can demonstrate a single, reproducible ESP phenomenon. So far, no such person has emerged. Randi's offer has been publicized for three decades and dozens of people have been tested, sometimes under the scrutiny of an independent panel of judges. Still, nothing. "People's desire to believe in the paranormal is stronger than all the evidence that it does not exist." Susan Blackmore, "Blackmore's first law", 2004.[51]"

http://www.science20.com/news_releases/is_esp_real_harvard_scientists_say_they_have_settled_the_debate short answer is no

The only thing I could find was a very debatle "maybe there might be something" and even still...:

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/11/17/science-journal-withdraws-paper-suggested-evidence-some-people-are-psychic

Now please provide a science peer reviewed article because I "requested support for your statements" 

So you post links critical to parapsychology. That is not hard to do on any subject

Here's a couple hundred or so peer-reviewed psi papers.

But alas, I am convinced that data and experiments in the field are just annoyances to be attacked by the pseudo-skeptic community. Pseudo-skeptics are those who claim to use the respected approach of skepticism but are really not interested in learning about the claimed paranormal but are really just no-hold-bar defenders of an atheist-materialist worldview. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Actually, it is neither. I am just a rational observer of these subjects that listens to evidence and argumentation from all sides and forms a judgment on what is going on.

But your rationality isnt influenced facts, but by wrong judgements by yourself.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, toast said:

But your rationality isnt influenced facts, but by wrong judgements by yourself.

Rationally, I beg to differ about the quality of my judgments:angry:

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:21 AM, papageorge1 said:

Or the expanding science of the next century....

Last century and it wasn't science then either.

Physical science is always miles behind the great mystics and occultists.

Adepts who travel on the astral planes have known about the 4th dimension (and many more).

Edited by TheTheosophist

19 hours ago, godnodog said:

You don't demonstrate abilities to those who don't have eyes to see.

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

So you post links critical to parapsychology. That is not hard to do on any subject

Here's a couple hundred or so peer-reviewed psi papers.

But alas, I am convinced that data and experiments in the field are just annoyances to be attacked by the pseudo-skeptic community. Pseudo-skeptics are those who claim to use the respected approach of skepticism but are really not interested in learning about the claimed paranormal but are really just no-hold-bar defenders of an atheist-materialist worldview. 

Are you serious? You put a link to a reposetory of a individual, who does has a nice biography.

Please post links from mainstream reputed scientific journals

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheTheosophist said:

You don't demonstrate abilities to those who don't have eyes to see.

Lesson learned, you dont post answers to people who claim incredible stuff and yet  cannot demonstrate in controled groups, courious enogh some, some, claim that negative auras clouded their performance.

People dont get me wrong, I would love this to be true, specialy remote vision and psycokinetics, that would be wonderful. I have read stuff likE the  CIA researches in the matter, and it is fascinating, but I have yet to see an actual scientific article on a respected journal that still stands to this day.

I'll wait for an actual link from a respected scientific source.

So now we have "astral planes" in the science&technology section. Great! Congratulations!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheTheosophist said:

Adepts who travel on the astral planes have known about the 4th dimension (and many more).

Yeah, that imaginary "4th dimension" or astral plane, or spirit world. Sorry but has any of these adept ever done anything functional with their dramatized form of psychology? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheTheosophist said:

And unlike science they've given nothing.

What you kooks call "astral traveling" is known as dreaming.

• Like 3