Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Extraterrestrial Bodies

Brandy333

Radar reflectors under a balloon

ml307s.jpg

http://www.astronomyufo.com/UFO/Mogul.htm

PICKAWAY 'SAUCER IS ARMY WEATHER DEVICE

A buzz of excitement swept Pickaway County Saturday when a farmer eight miles south of Circleville reported finding a "mysterious" object in his field thought to be connected with the "flying saucer" mystery.
   Sherman Campbell said he found the object attached to remains of a balloon on his farm on West Fall Rd. near the Ross-Pickaway County line.  Pickaway County sheriff's office said several other calls were received from persons who claim they found similar "discs."
   The object found by Campbell was the shape of a six-pointed star, 48 by 50 inches in dimension, and covered with tinfoil.  At the top was the remains and neck of a balloon measuring five inches in circumference.
http://www.roswellproof.com/Circleville.html

circlev3.jpg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

Now isnt this quite the coincidence?   More shiny stuff attached to a balloon found on A DIFFERENT FARM?

5 minutes ago, seeder said:

circlev3.jpg

• Like 2

Where is all the film footage of the balloon crash?  Why has it not been released?  Why indeed!

again.....

greensny.jpg

• Like 3

This reminds me of a Jeff Foxworthy type of joke,

"If your alien spaceship is made of wood, tinfoil, and rubber then you just might be a redneck"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, South Alabam said:

I believe that flying saucer frenzy was sweeping the nation, after Kenneth Arnold's sighting the previous month.

When the object was found, it did not look like a normal weather balloon that even Brazel had found twice before on the ranch, so he was in an obvious wind pattern for the third balloon to have come down.

Why should all weather balloon's PAYLOADs look the same?  Apart from the fact that the balloon itself is likely to be, well, once-ballloon-shaped but now probably torn and scattered... the payload can be pretty any shape, design and made of any materials they like.  

I was referring to the entirety of what was found, and Brzel's statement.  The payload and the balloon wreckage, and his statement: Brazel said that he had previously found two weather balloons on the ranch, but that what he found this time did not in any way resemble either of these.

During all the ruckus it got reported as a "flying saucer" even though it is made of wood and shiny material. https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/roswell-66-years-of-alien-lore/

Due to it not looking like a regular weather balloon, and no one on the base can identify it

... because it is the PAYLOAD, not the actual balloon...

B Correct, the payload is obviously not a weather balloon PAYLOAD is it?

, It is sent to Wright Patterson AFB and analyzed as a secret balloon from project Mogul, meant to overfly Russia and listen for sounds of nuclear detonations. That detail at the time wasn't told to the public, as it was still  secretive.  But these balloons were huge and would match the debris field of scattered over 200 yards as Brazel claimed.

No.  Depends entirely on what happened - how the balloon burst, what it was designed to do after the burst, how strong the winds were on landing, what it may have hit, tangled with on the way down or across the ground.  Could even depend on how bothered the person was who collected the bits, to look around further..  And given the payloads could be very different in size and design, you can't make such handwaves....

Roswell incident

Main article: Roswell UFO incident

In the summer of 1947 a Project Mogul balloon crashed in the desert near Roswell, New Mexico. The subsequent military cover-up of the true nature of the balloon and burgeoning conspiracy theories from UFO enthusiasts led to a celebrated "UFO" incident.[2]

Unlike a weather balloon, the Project Mogul paraphernalia was massive and contained unusual types of materials, according to research conducted by the New York Times: "...squadrons of big balloons ... It was like having an elephant in your backyard and hoping that no one would notice it. ... To the untrained eye, the reflectors looked extremely odd, a geometrical hash of lightweight sticks and sharp angles made of metal foil. .. photographs of it, taken in 1947 and published in newspapers, show bits and pieces of what are obviously collapsed balloons and radar reflectors."[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_UFO_incident

Brazel said that he did not see it fall from the sky and did not see it before it was torn up, so he did not know the size or shape it might have been, but he thought it might have been about as large as a table top. The balloon which held it up, if that was how it worked, must have been about 12 feet long, he felt, measuring the distance by the size of the room in which he sat. The rubber was smoky gray in color and scattered over an area about 200 yards in diameter. 

http://www.roswellfiles.com/Witnesses/brazel.htm

It was sent to Forth Worth, Not W-P as i stated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Mogul

The public is told the next day it was conventional weather balloon, (and not a top secret project balloon as it really was) so this began a conspiracy theory. It did not look like a weather balloon, and the government was hiding a crashed UFO, due to it inadvertently being reported as a "flying saucer."

That 'logic' doesn't follow at all.

The public was told it was a weather balloon. It was originally reported as a "flying saucer" It did not look like a weather balloon to Brazel who stated he had found two weather balloons before. It was later (at least we are told) said to be a balloon from a secret project Mogul. And all this is said to have been a conspiracy for decades. So which logic doesn't add up?

And BTW that is what I believe the way I see it all happened, based on what I have learned, and the first two words I spoke from my paragraphs on this subject stated: I believe that flying saucer frenzy was sweeping the nation

Edited 53 minutes ago by ChrLzs 

•  

I am breaking down why I wrote what I wrote. New additions explaining that are underlined.

I believe that flying saucer frenzy was sweeping the nation, after Kenneth Arnold's sighting the previous month.
The Kenneth Arnold UFO sighting occurred on June 24, 1947, when private pilot Kenneth Arnold claimed that he saw a string of nine, shiny unidentified flying objects flying past Mount Rainier at speeds that Arnold estimated at a minimum of 1,200 miles
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Arnold_UFO_sighting

When the object was found, it did not look like a normal weather balloon that even Brazel had found twice before on the ranch, so he was in an obvious wind pattern for the third balloon to have come down.
Brazel said that he had previously found two weather balloons on the ranch, but that what he found this time did not in any way resemble either of these.

During all the ruckus it got reported as a "flying saucer" even though it is made of wood and shiny material.
Roswell Daily Record - July 8, 1947 - RAAF Captures Flying Saucer On Ranch in Roswell Region    http://www.roswellfiles.com/Articles/PressReports.htm

Due to it not looking like a regular weather balloon, and no one on the base can identify it, It is sent to Wright Patterson AFB and analyzed as a secret balloon from project Mogul, meant to overfly Russia and listen for sounds of nuclear detonations. That detail at the time wasn't told to the public, as it was still  secretive.
It was sent to Forth Worth aka Carswell Air Force Base  not Wright-Patterson as I wrote. It was more than likely analyzed as a project Mogul balloon which they did want to keep secret.

In the summer of 1947 a Project Mogul balloon crashed in the desert near Roswell, New Mexico.

But these balloons were huge and would match the debris field  scattered over 200 yards as Brazel claimed.
 The rubber was smoky gray in color and scattered over an area about 200 yards in diameter.   

And project Mogul balloons ARE big. Either a train of balloons or one giant balloon

The public is told the next day it was a conventional weather balloon, (and not a top secret project balloon as it really was) so this began a conspiracy theory. It did not look like a weather balloon, and the government was hiding a crashed UFO, due to it inadvertently being reported as a "flying saucer."
In the summer of 1947 a Project Mogul balloon crashed in the desert near Roswell, New Mexico. The subsequent military cover-up of the true nature of the balloon and burgeoning conspiracy theories from UFO enthusiasts led to a celebrated "UFO" incident
According to Brazel "it did not look like a normal weather balloon" and the Project Mogul balloons and payload ARE similar, but not the same. So according to Brazel and the USAAF, he did find a project Mogul balloon that was classified at the time.

At least that is the way I think it all came down.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1

South Alabam, there's a reason that most folks don't use underlining anymore, except maybe to show hyperlinks...

Also, when quoting, can you try to leave the quoted parts within their quote boxes?  I know this editor is brain dead and that can get really difficult, but when I tried to follow your last response to me, it got so messy and hard to follow that I have now lost interest.  And frankly, if what has been posted here hasn't shown you what it was...  there's really no point continuing.

You 'win'.

Aliens.

..next..?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

South Alabam, there's a reason that most folks don't use underlining anymore, except maybe to show hyperlinks...

Also, when quoting, can you try to leave the quoted parts within their quote boxes?  I know this editor is brain dead and that can get really difficult, but when I tried to follow your last response to me, it got so messy and hard to follow that I have now lost interest.  And frankly, if what has been posted here hasn't shown you what it was...  there's really no point continuing.

You 'win'.

Aliens.

..next..?

Both replies were a mess, I tried to make them understandable as to what I meant in the original post, sorry about that

Edited by South Alabam

33 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Weather balloons, weather shmamoons.  They will always holler weather balloons.  Let them, I'd hate to pop their balloon.

When I go outside and see the sky, I often holler "Sky!".  When I see a tree, "Tree".  I'm rather silly like that.  But almost always right.

But yes, you're sooo right - if it looks exactly like a weather balloon, it's most likely an alien craft cobbled together with alfoil and sticks...  {/sarcasm}

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/8/2018 at 10:54 PM, Brandy333 said:

Does anyone know if the bodies retrieved from Area 51 in New Mexico are still in storage?   My father was in the Air Force when the ufo crashed and the bodies were taken.   He said he never saw the bodies, but was told by an Officer in charge of the operation they had retrieved bodies from the craft.   Supposedly one was alive but died shortly thereafter.

Most likely, there is no craft but the body itself and the location retrieved was not from New Mexico and the storage location would most definitely be moved constantly if need be. They are still in "storage", a very comfortable storage. There have been many bodies (the same exact body) since 1947 (or around such time) at one location through the decades; they standby for the arrival, like a drop off zone (well, one person did, the one who initially spotted the "ufo" and at the same time a body "magically" appeared before him/her on the ground. The person then turned to the military for help, especially since the person lived very near, now an old, military base). They were able to communicate with it by asking it questions. The one that died may have been a result of a string of wrong questions, which caused the body's mind to fracture - they were probably trying to convince it of something that was not true. The bodies lay dormant while it speaks tall tales come to pass.  Have fun!B)

Edited by dirtierdragoon4

1 hour ago, dirtierdragoon4 said:

"The one that died may have been a result of a string of wrong questions, which caused the body's mind to fracture - they were probably trying to convince it of something that was not true..."

But technically you can not kill it since it did not exist in the first place and you can not kill it after it exists either. You only can kill it before it exists, and tough **** if that time has already passed. Again, the bodies lay dormant while it speaks tall tales come to pass.

Edited by dirtierdragoon4

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2018 at 2:46 AM, quillius said:

Hey Seeder,  I think to give you another perspective, whenever I hear how would they crash I always find similarities to a huge jumbo jet.......all that size, able to fly through the sky at tremendous speed.....yet a bird (or to be more precise a flock of) can bring this huge thing crashing down.....

just food for thought really as opposed to a comment regarding Roswell.

Yeah sure that sounds plaisible after all the Canada Goose is part of our tactical defence system that travels the skies from Canada to S.America and are highly skilled at disabling suspect aircraft. They are known as the Canadian Kamakzi Goose.

jmccr8

• Like 3

On 1/9/2018 at 4:37 PM, Brandy333 said:

My father told what he did about the incident at Area 51 and I believed him then and still do,   He didn't get the info from a newspaper but from someone who actually saw the bodies.   If you don't want to believe that that's up to you.   You post something and I don't believe it that's up to me.   Works both ways.

What would you think if an extraterrestrial alien who looked just like a human, talked/ate/drank like a human conversed with you, and you had no idea they weren't human.   Then two weeks later a newspaper article had undeniable proof these beings are living among us, but you don't believe so because a paper said so.   

Of course the newspaper runs some articles for sensationalism, and tv news blows things out of proportion, but what is laughable are the individuals on this planet unwilling or unable to think outside their own ignorance and therefore are prisoners of it.

I actually heard a story about some sort of secret testing. Anyway, the guy or guys involved in it were injured...horribly. 

Like their heads were all swollen beyond recognition, and some other officers saw it. 

I'll have to see if I can find anything about the story and post it here.

We have to acknowledge that they might have been mistaken, but they may have actually seen something. 

• Like 1

For instance, one serviceman who crashed in a test balloon 10 miles northwest of Roswell suffered an injury that caused his head to swell and resemble the bulbous cranium of the classic science-fiction alien, the report says. This secretive 1959 mishap, it adds, apparently led decades later to tales of a crashed extraterrestrial that walked under its own power into a military hospital.

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/big/0624.html

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I actually heard a story about some sort of secret testing. Anyway, the guy or guys involved in it were injured...horribly. 

Like their heads were all swollen beyond recognition, and some other officers saw it. 

I'll have to see if I can find anything about the story and post it here.

We have to acknowledge that they might have been mistaken, but they may have actually seen something. 

That's interesting, and yes see if you can find any info on the story.   I'd appreciate it if you let me know if you do.   Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

That's interesting, and yes see if you can find any info on the story.   I'd appreciate it if you let me know if you do.   Thanks.

She did.

6 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

For instance, one serviceman who crashed in a test balloon 10 miles northwest of Roswell suffered an injury that caused his head to swell and resemble the bulbous cranium of the classic science-fiction alien, the report says. This secretive 1959 mishap, it adds, apparently led decades later to tales of a crashed extraterrestrial that walked under its own power into a military hospital.

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/big/0624.html

Look above your post Brandy. :tu:

• Like 1

I posted it above. See the link.