Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Solved] Quoting Change - Causes Confusion

Aquila King

Why did quoting people on here suddenly stop showing their usernames above the quotes? :huh: Now conversations are needlessly confusing. :wacko: 

We used to be able to tell who someone was quoting in a conversation, then go back to find the post that member is quoting from. Maybe quote that member as well. Now we can't do that. We now have to keep track of every single member's post, and just somehow 'know' who it is each person is talking to. Yes, we still get notifications when we're quoted somewhere, but that doesn't do much good when reading other people's conversations, and when trying to jump right in.

I think this was a bad idea to change the site like this, and am hoping it's temporary. The way it was working had nothing wrong with it. Why fix (or in this case break) what isn't broken?

• Like 1

Why did quoting people on here suddenly stop showing their usernames above the quotes? :huh: Now conversations are needlessly confusing. :wacko: 

We used to be able to tell who someone was quoting in a conversation, then go back to find the post that member is quoting from. Maybe quote that member as well. Now we can't do that. We now have to keep track of every single member's post, and just somehow 'know' who it is each person is talking to. Yes, we still get notifications when we're quoted somewhere, but that doesn't do much good when reading other people's conversations, and when trying to jump right in.

I think this was a bad idea to change the site like this, and am hoping it's temporary. The way it was working had nothing wrong with it. Why fix (or in this case break) what isn't broken?

Does it?

Does it?

On mobile it seems that way. I think the mobile version is glitchy.

Edited by XenoFish

Oh yes it does. maybe it's a bug or Glitch. Though if it was Google that had designed this I wouldn't have minded betting that they'd try to pass it off as an Improvement. A New, Sleek, Streamlined Look or some such nonsense. <_<

There appears to be an issue with names not appearing where they should - this is not an intended change.

I am looking in to it.

• Like 2

There appears to be an issue with names not appearing where they should - this is not an intended change.

I am looking in to it.

I noticed when this post popped up,m the box at the bottom of the screen that normally says "Saru has replied. Show reply" showed your avatar but not the usual text either. 

So it looks like this was a caching issue - I've reset the cache and it looks like the quote citations are working again now.

Is anyone still experiencing this issue when viewing the forums ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saru said:

So it looks like this was a caching issue - I've reset the cache and it looks like the quote citations are working again now.

Is anyone still experiencing this issue when viewing the forums ?

That seems to have got it. :st

• Like 1

• The title was changed to [Solved] Quoting Change - Causes Confusion
  • The topic was locked