Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Arpaio Says He's Running For Senate

Piney

15 minutes ago, aztek said:

he is no worst than the rest of them.  he'll fit like a glove there

More like a rubber.........

• Like 2

He making the Republican primary a three way.  I would tend to think that would drain votes away from Kelli Ward and favor McSally.

I do find it interesting that it is mostly women running in Arizona.

• Like 3

On 1/9/2018 at 11:13 AM, aztek said:

he is no worst than the rest of them.  he'll fit like a glove there

There are some people in Arizona that aren't fascist gas bags.  I can't say to there numbers though, probably like a needle in a haystack.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mystic Crusader said:

fascist gas bags.

I think there is more in that bag than gas.....

• Like 3

The U.S. Department of Justice concluded that Arpaio oversaw the worst pattern of racial profiling in U.S. history, and subsequently filed suit against him for unlawful discriminatory police conduct.[10][11][12][13] Arpaio's office paid more than $146 million in fees, settlements, and court awards.[14]

In a separate racial-profiling case which concluded in 2013, Arpaio and his subordinates were found to have unfairly targeted Hispanics in conducting traffic stops.[17]

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

He didn't follow the constitution as a Sheriff, and now he wants to be a Senator?

Upon taking office, senators-elect must swear or affirm that they will "support and defend the Constitution.". The president of the Senate or a surrogate administers the oath to newly elected or re-elected senators. The oath is required by the Constitution; the wording is prescribed by law."

NO.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

The U.S. Department of Justice concluded that Arpaio oversaw the worst pattern of racial profiling in U.S. history, and subsequently filed suit against him for unlawful discriminatory police conduct.[10][11][12][13] Arpaio's office paid more than $146 million in fees, settlements, and court awards.[14]

In a separate racial-profiling case which concluded in 2013, Arpaio and his subordinates were found to have unfairly targeted Hispanics in conducting traffic stops.[17]

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

He didn't follow the constitution as a Sheriff, and now he wants to be a Senator?

Upon taking office, senators-elect must swear or affirm that they will "support and defend the Constitution.". The president of the Senate or a surrogate administers the oath to newly elected or re-elected senators. The oath is required by the Constitution; the wording is prescribed by law."

NO.

Yes, I did some reading up on him, when I read the headline of him wanting to run. Wasn't there also something about rapes and such being ignored, or the case being thrown out, during his stint? 

39 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Yes, I did some reading up on him, when I read the headline of him wanting to run. Wasn't there also something about rapes and such being ignored, or the case being thrown out, during his stint? 

I didn't know about that till I researched it. Another reinforcing factor of why not to vote for this guy.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2018 at 6:42 PM, Mystic Crusader said:

There are some people in Arizona that aren't fascist gas bags.  I can't say to there numbers though, probably like a needle in a haystack.

Some Asians can drive. Some Jews aren't commies. Some Muslims don't murder and rape women. Some leftists don't have double standards, but they seem to be like a needle in a haystack.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Today's word of the day is "conjecture".

That was yesterday's word. Today's word is "hypocrisy".

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

No hypocrisy with me. I can't stand Hillary or Arpaio. Both ignore the constitution. Ignore laws, destroy evidence, and in the end walk away scott free. I was hard on Hillary for this, and will be on him too. There is no room for people like this in politics. But, people on both sides just seem to ignore what they have done. Go figure.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Which you so well defined.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

No hypocrisy with me. I can't stand Hillary or Arpaio. Both ignore the constitution. Ignore laws, destroy evidence, and in the end walk away scott free. I was hard on Hillary for this, and will be on him too. There is no room for people like this in politics. But, people on both sides just seem to ignore what they have done. Go figure.

I'm not referring to Arpaio (not a fan). I'm referring to another post that insulted a whole state.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Which you so well defined.

How so? Be specific.

Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

I'm not referring to Arpaio (not a fan). I'm referring to another post that insulted a whole state.

Was that from the person that lives in said state?

6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Was that from the person that lives in said state?

It doesn't matter. What difference would it make?

Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

It doesn't matter. What difference would it make?

Well, you told me once that people outside a jurisdiction shouldn't be allowed an opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Well, you told me once that people outside a jurisdiction shouldn't be allowed an opinion.

I don't remember that. What thread was that in?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I don't remember that. What thread was that in?

That's hilarious. You told me a number of times that foreigner's opinions are worth less, yet you have issue with Mystic Crusader's opinion of their home state.