Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Spiritual Advisor Wants You To Send Her

GoldenWolf

Trump Spiritual Advisor Wants You To Send Her Up To 1 Month's Pay Or Face 'Consequences'

Paula White, a prosperity gospel preacher with close ties to President Donald Trump, is calling on followers to send her donations of up to one month’s salary. Those who don’t pay up could face “consequences” from God as he demands the dough as a “first fruits” offering.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-spiritual-advisor-wants-send-095218970.html

This is getting ludicrously insane.

Edited by Mystic Crusader
  • Like 7

What are "first fruit" offerings?

Has her alleged god got his own bank account or will she be taking care of his finances for him?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

What are "first fruit" offerings?

Has her alleged god got his own bank account or will she be taking care of his finances for him?

I think it is ludicrous either way.

• Like 3

It's no different then what Christians have been saying for millennia.

She's just cut the crap and gotten straight to the point: "Give me money or God will punish you."

It's all the same narrative.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

I think it is ludicrous either way.

I think i am beginning to understand what is going on:

That is a big sacrifice, but it is a seed for the harvest I am believing for in the coming year. And God always provides!”

God needs to buy himself some seeds and a new combine harvester.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

IMPORTANT NEWS BULLETIN: "Most powerful being in the universe needs your money!"

I want to know who he buying off? 

• Like 1

This is exciting stuff, once  she has given god the money, he will be out shopping. M a y b e we will finally see him, unless he buys everything online!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Is this sort of thing normal in America ? :unsure2:

That's 'Murica.

And yes, unfortunately it is...

• Like 4

agh, prosperity gospel people fill me with rage.

“When you honor this principle it provides the foundation and structure for God’s blessings and promises in your life, it unlocks deep dimensions of spiritual truths that literally transform your life! When you apply this everything comes in divine alignment for His plan and promises for you. When you don’t honor it, whether through ignorance or direct disobedience there are consequences.”

these are the words of a con artist, pure and simple.

• Like 8

So god is doing a ponzi scheme?  

• Like 7

Ms. White’s math is wrong. In the Old Testament, the word ‘tithe’ means ‘10%’. Supposing Ms. White earns $100 per month; by the end of the year, she will have made $1200, a tenth of which is $120 dollars. If her yearly tithe is equal to a month’s salary ($100) then she is $20 short. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Is this sort of thing normal in America ? :unsure2:

Paula White has been a visible person on US cable television for years before her recent connection with Trump.

This seems to be what the Yahoo article is referring to:

https://paulawhite.org/firstfruits

• Like 5

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I want to know who he buying off? 

It's child support for all those other multiverses.

• Like 9

Insane administration demands insane things. Seems pretty par for the course for 'merica right now.

• Like 6

On 10/01/2018 at 9:08 AM, simplybill said:

Ms. White’s math is wrong. In the Old Testament, the word ‘tithe’ means ‘10%’. Supposing Ms. White earns $100 per month; by the end of the year, she will have made $1200, a tenth of which is $120 dollars. If her yearly tithe is equal to a month’s salary ($100) then she is $20 short. 

Unless she is getting paid fortnightly, in which case there are 13 "months" (four week periods) in the year. :) 

• Like 3

The Demiurge (Jehovah) once said this to his creation:

''Welcome to hell, can I take your order?''

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 3

While this example is obviously a bit of a con, the idea is surprisingly effective and workable..

It depends on a person having the right mindset  I know many people who tithe to a church (and give more in free will offerings) 

I've never seen one struggling to make ends meet, or worried by money,

But, of course, that can be because they live simple, non material, lives and don't need a huge income  The giving is part of their faith, and it thus makes them happy (one of the prime directives for a human being) and strangely, also often brings them prosperity .

I can't really explain it, but these sort of people don't waste money on drink, drugs,  entertainment or expensive " toys" etc., because their psychological needs are met by their faith,and 10% is actually a lot less than most people spend trying to buy happiness with material possessions and trying to avoid boredom.. 

.    Often they are cautious, and god fearing, people and so invest wisely.   Many claim god helps them make wise decisions, from buying a car to investing money  .

My wife has given ten percent of her income, plus a bit more in free willed offerings, all her working life  (and  still does, from her old age pension) She gets  $700 a fortnight for the age pension,  ($18200 per year) and gives $100 a fortnight, ($2600 per year)  in tithes and offerings.  

She has never missed it .

We have never struggled,  and  it keeps her fixed on the spiritual rather than the material things of the world  eg she spends nothing on cosmetics, jewellery, alcohol,   expensive clothing,  or going out for entertainment, and so  saves a lot more than she gives in tithe    I don't tithe, as i don't go  to  a church, but as I've said before, i gave away between 20 and 30% of my income, all my working life to;  people, animals, and the environment, who needed it a lot more than we did.

it has nothing to do with doing gods work,  but about meeting what you feel or see is your obligation to  give back to god a small percentage of all the wealth, richness and blessings, he has given you, beginning with your life.   

There are some practical benefits, of course. As a church member you are entitled to free weddings, funerals, christenings/baptisms,  and Sunday lunches, plus the support network of a group of like minded fellows.   

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Just a few further impressions about Paula.

I discovered her when I was cable channel surfing years and years ago. I could scarcely believe my ears, the lady was giving investment advice (as in, whatever money you send to her, God wil give it back to you after multiplying it however-many-fold...).

There are laws in the United States that regulate investment advisors (promising future profits is a specific no-no). But, of course, this is Ms White's religion, and so she can say pretty much whatever she wants.

There is a "coercive" element in the current pitch that I didn't hear years ago. Now, instead of something with a flavor like Giving $100 to me is like buying Google at $100 a share (but nothing so specific and crass, this is church), it's more like, You owe da Boss for that paycheck, and if ya don't pay up, you're gonna wish you had. There are also laws in the United States about extortion, but again, this is Ms White's religion, ...

In neither pitch, do I hear Ms White explaining why, if we want to invest in God or repay some debt to him, we should send the money to her. The Bible I look at is full of advice from Jesus about how to direct resources to him. For example, what you do for the least of your brethren, you do for me. Oh, OK,  if I ever need to get $100 to Jesus, then maybe I should make a donation to the local food pantry.

I admit it. I would make a crappy Christian. I am way too hung up on what Jesus said, and if I were a Christian, I'd try to do what he said. Like that part where he says to pray in private and don't make a big display of your prayers and charitable giving. See, I'd do that if I were a Christian, just because he said so.

So, Paula, how about it? You're a Christian. Why not tell people how many different  ways Jesus said they could get $$$ to him?

-

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 6

Jim tells it like it is ... ' It's too far to run and too late to hide '

~

[00.02:21]

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

While this example is obviously a bit of a con, the idea is surprisingly effective and workable..

It depends on a person having the right mindset  I know many people who tithe to a church (and give more in free will offerings) 

I've never seen one struggling to make ends meet, or worried by money,

But, of course, that can be because they live simple, non material, lives and don't need a huge income  The giving is part of their faith, and it thus makes them happy (one of the prime directives for a human being) and strangely, also often brings them prosperity .

I can't really explain it, but these sort of people don't waste money on drink, drugs,  entertainment or expensive " toys" etc., because their psychological needs are met by their faith,and 10% is actually a lot less than most people spend trying to buy happiness with material possessions and trying to avoid boredom.. 

.    Often they are cautious, and god fearing, people and so invest wisely.   Many claim god helps them make wise decisions, from buying a car to investing money  .

My wife has given ten percent of her income, plus a bit more in free willed offerings, all her working life  (and  still does, from her old age pension) She gets  $700 a fortnight for the age pension,  ($18200 per year) and gives $100 a fortnight, ($2600 per year)  in tithes and offerings.  

She has never missed it .

We have never struggled,  and  it keeps her fixed on the spiritual rather than the material things of the world  eg she spends nothing on cosmetics, jewellery, alcohol,   expensive clothing,  or going out for entertainment, and so  saves a lot more than she gives in tithe    I don't tithe, as i don't go  to  a church, but as I've said before, i gave away between 20 and 30% of my income, all my working life to;  people, animals, and the environment, who needed it a lot more than we did.

it has nothing to do with doing gods work,  but about meeting what you feel or see is your obligation to  give back to god a small percentage of all the wealth, richness and blessings, he has given you, beginning with your life.   

There are some practical benefits, of course. As a church member you are entitled to free weddings, funerals, christenings/baptisms,  and Sunday lunches, plus the support network of a group of like minded fellows.   

Absolutely Mr Walker.

Let me first say I cant stand prosperity preachers. Honestly I don't like the idea personally of giving to the church at all, though I do understand the importance of people doing so in order for a church to survive. If your pastor is living in a multi million dollar mansion, that's a problem.

Biblically though this is the one and only area where God challenges the believer. To give with a generous heart will cause God to give to you in abundance. Now I know tithing and charity are two different things. Personally though I feel led to give when I see a need. That's when I can wilfully happily give. Like seeing a Mom in the grocery store line that is a few bucks short. That kinda thing.

Every week I put aside from my check what ever I feel comfortable giving away for that given week. Sometimes its as little as 5 bucks, some weeks much more then that. Sometimes I wont see a need for some time, and the money will add up over a few weeks. That's when I get excited, cause I know God has a bigger need to meet. And don't cha know one always comes up sooner or later.  

Now I am no where near rich, but my cup certainly runs over. Sometimes in more ways then just financial. I believe God has fulfilled his promise as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:04 PM, Grandpa Greenman said:

So god is doing a ponzi scheme?  

Why of course not. You don't have to give them money. You also have the option of going to Hell. :)

• Like 3