Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Belief in Angels

Brandy333

While it is said we all have a guardian angel, do you believe you've physically met an angel?  I think at times I have, and it's possible their visits are not limited to human form but in animal form as well.   Essentially they can appear in whatever form for human benefit.

• Like 2

No, I don't think I've met one personally.....and I really don't have a clue what to believe at this time, but I have had experiences in life that would best be described as interactions with angels or invisible people of some type.  These experiences have almost exclusively been centered around my life being saved in dangerous situations.  Why?  I have no clue......as I am certainly no angel myself.  At least, not that I know anyway.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

While it is said we all have a guardian angel, do you believe you've physically met an angel?  I think at times I have, and it's possible their visits are not limited to human form but in animal form as well.   Essentially they can appear in whatever form for human benefit.

Why would you need to meet an Angel? When do they make themselves known? What is their purpose?

On 10/01/2018 at 3:49 PM, DebDandelion said:

Why would you need to meet an Angel? When do they make themselves known? What is their purpose?

1. To communicate god's wishes and instructions for you to follow.

2. To offer god's support and love directly to you 

3. To physically protect you from harm and danger.

4. To directly warn you of approaching dangers, so that you can take action to avoid them.

5. To bring you physical and spiritual gifts from  god  (In physical form angels can carry with them, and give to you, physical objects.)

6 To use the power of the spirit to heal your body, and /or your mind.

7. To teach you, and mentor you, into better forms of thought and behaviour which will bring more positive outcomes in your life. 

There may be others, but those are the ones I have experienced in my life.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

4. To directly warn you of approaching dangers, so that you can take action to avoid them.

5. To bring you physical and spiritual gifts from  god  (In physical form angels can carry with them, and give to you, physical objects.)

7. To teach you, and mentor you, into better forms of thought and behaviour which will bring more positive outcomes in your life. 

Interesting...

6 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

Interesting...

68% of Americans believe in angels  (77% in some studies) . 20% claim a personal physical interaction with one.

33% of Britons believe in angels and 10% claim contact with one. 

In Australia there is a strong gender division

63% of women believe in angels, but only 37% of men

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

68% of Americans believe in angels  (77% in some studies) . 20% claim a personal physical interaction with one.

33% of Britons believe in angels and 10% claim contact with one. 

In Australia there is a strong gender division

63% of women believe in angels, but only 37% of men

Also interesting!

On 1/10/2018 at 9:56 AM, Brandy333 said:

Hi Brandy, Well personally I believe yes, there are jus some people Ive met in my life that I can feel something really is special about them.I have always felt like they have an old soul an That to me I class an Angel like...

I am very passionate about dogs, They are jus completely drawn to me wherever I go.Its been this way all my life.I can tell you this I have felt an old soul/ Angel like presence from some dogs I have met an owned in my life.I have at least two living with me now..I have six dogs at present five of which came to me as strays or left there homes to come live with me.I would always take them home then the owners would just have enough an ask me if I want the dog saying "Well I think my dog loves you more than me".But I believe in what your saying Brandy....Its a spiritual connection.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, Brandy333 said:

Essentially they can appear in whatever form for human benefit.

Genuine question: What's the difference between angels and other spirits?

Angels are often defined in such a way that leaves them open to being basically anything. They can appear in whatever form, have a wide range of potential intellect and power, have a totally open-ended purpose or role that could essentially be anything, again; I mean seriously, they seem so undefined it's hard to pin down exactly what they even are. The most people tend to agree on is that they're 'spirits' of some sort who never inhabited a physical form like we do, but not much beyond that is so concrete. Yet some will say that other spirits exist that have also never inhabited a physical form, yet who are not angels. So given the broad and loose definition, what's the difference between the two?

Again, not bashing the concept, just asking a genuine question.

I believe with the question asked about what is the difference between angels and spirits that in an earlier post Mr. Walker gives a great description defining angels.  They are messengers created by God who have never inhabited a physical body as we do, so they don't have a human soul whereas we do.   Their function is to carry out God's will for the benefit of man.   Spirits are those that once did have a physical body and are now passed on.  

On 11/01/2018 at 0:15 PM, Brandy333 said:

I believe with the question asked about what is the difference between angels and spirits that in an earlier post Mr. Walker gives a great description defining angels.  They are messengers created by God who have never inhabited a physical body as we do, so they don't have a human soul whereas we do.   Their function is to carry out God's will for the benefit of man.   Spirits are those that once did have a physical body and are now passed on.  

So you believe a spirit has no soul? The angel at the tomb of Jesus had a physical form according to the bible as well as the other descriptions of angels in the bible. Seems like people just make up where ever suits their whim.

jmccr8 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

So you believe a spirit has no soul? The angel at the tomb of Jesus had a physical form according to the bible as well as the other descriptions of angels in the bible. Seems like people just make up where ever suits their whim.

jmccr8 

I believe you misunderstood me.   No, I didn't make up whatever suits up my whim.  I did a little research to be able to answer the poster's question and from the article's description of angels gathered that they are not created with a physical body as we are.  Perhaps the article is wrong, and if one finds proof angels do have souls then I stand corrected.

I know angels are a divine eternal creation of God to do His will.

There's this "inner voice" that talks to me. I have a hard time listening to what it says, though. And that sucks, because it's always right. 

• Like 3

On 1/11/2018 at 0:53 AM, Mr Walker said:

Well said Mr Walker :)

When one gets an angel experience, even if an unbeliever in God, those entities mention God the eternal One life force of creation. They seem to choose people for some reason and pass their belief of the powers and existence of that connecting life force of all creation to us. Angels create believers by interactions in our lives. 

On 1/9/2018 at 0:56 PM, Brandy333 said:

Several times I believe i have physically interacted with one. One time I was very angry and about to speed off into the mountains in a storm. I stoped to get something to eat, and straight out of stereo type land a beautiful blond young woman with a glow around her head was serving me through the drive through. When she handed my card to me, she reached out and grabbed my hand and would not let it go. She held it for some time. I tried to pull away a little bit a couple of times, but she would not let me go for a solid amount of time. My anger melted inside me and I ended up just going home. I really feel like she prevented me from doing something stupid.

The other time I was doing CPR on a woman after a bad car accident. There was a disembodied voice counting and keeping me on pace and encouraging me with little words of encouragement and to keep going. There was never actually anyone there. When I asked some of the other bhstanders where the guy went that was helping me, they said it was just me. The subject came up recently again in a local Facebook forum and there was another witness that said that there was no one with me. 

Then of course there are all  my altered state experiences. Then dozens and dozens of interactions. 

I have a hard time with the idea that angels can physically stop things from happening. I always wondered where they are at during mass shootings and other horrible events. So guess what I did? I just asked one one time. Take it for What you will because I was in an altered state of consciousness, but she said they are always there and trying, but people don't listen or they don't make the right choices. She also said they can't tell the future but can figure some things out before we do and can show up to help through us or try to influence what we do. It's up to us to act when we can. 

Edited by SeekerWCF
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SeekerWCF said:

Several times I believe i have physically interacted with one. One time I was very angry and about to speed off into the mountains in a storm. I stoped to get something to eat, and straight out of stereo type land a beautiful blond young woman with a glow around her head was serving me through the drive through. When she handed my card to me, she reached out and grabbed my hand and would not let it go. She held it for some time. I tried to pull away a little bit a couple of times, but she would not let me go for a solid amount of time. My anger melted inside me and I ended up just going home. I really feel like she prevented me from doing something stupid.

The other time I was doing CPR on a woman after a bad car accident. There was a disembodied voice counting and keeping me on pace and encouraging me with little words of encouragement and to keep going. There was never actually anyone there. When I asked some of the other bhstanders where the guy went that was helping me, they said it was just me. The subject came up recently again in a local Facebook forum and there was another witness that said that there was no one with me. 

Then of course there are all  my altered state experiences. Then dozens and dozens of interactions. 

Interesting stories.  Did you ask the woman in the drive-through why she was holding your hand?  Perhaps she did stop you from harm.

2 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Interesting stories.  Did you ask the woman in the drive-through why she was holding your hand?  Perhaps she did stop you from harm.

No I didn't. She just sort of smiled and I was a little perplexed, and I just drove off. I wasn't thinking along those lines at the time. Either she was an angle or some how recognized that I was under some distress. It was a pretty blantent gesture that she was demonstrating kindness. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 0:31 AM, Hre2breal said:

Hi Brandy, Well personally I believe yes, there are jus some people Ive met in my life that I can feel something really is special about them.I have always felt like they have an old soul an That to me I class an Angel like...

I am very passionate about dogs, They are jus completely drawn to me wherever I go.Its been this way all my life.I can tell you this I have felt an old soul/ Angel like presence from some dogs I have met an owned in my life.I have at least two living with me now..I have six dogs at present five of which came to me as strays or left there homes to come live with me.I would always take them home then the owners would just have enough an ask me if I want the dog saying "Well I think my dog loves you more than me".But I believe in what your saying Brandy....Its a spiritual connection.

That's neat about the dogs.   On a site about pets that have passed called Rainbow Bridge, someone wrote in and said:  "If you look into your pet's eyes you will see God smiling back at you".  I thought that was beautiful.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SeekerWCF said:

No I didn't. She just sort of smiled and I was a little perplexed, and I just drove off. I wasn't thinking along those lines at the time. Either she was an angle or some how recognized that I was under some distress. It was a pretty blantent gesture that she was demonstrating kindness. 

Yes it was very kind.   Could have been your Guardian.

14 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

That's neat about the dogs.   On a site about pets that have passed called Rainbow Bridge, someone wrote in and said:  "If you look into your pet's eyes you will see God smiling back at you".  I thought that was beautiful.

Yeah it really is pretty amazing stuff but absolutely beautiful an worthwhile...

I've never seen an angel, but my youngest sister-in-law says she saw one when she was a kid. She was in her room and yelling for her mom, and a strange lady dressed in white appeared in the doorway and spoke to her about what was wrong. The person then left the doorway back into the hall and her mom walked in, but hadn't seen anyone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I've never seen an angel, but my youngest sister-in-law says she saw one when she was a kid. She was in her room and yelling for her mom, and a strange lady dressed in white appeared in the doorway and spoke to her about what was wrong. The person then left the doorway back into the hall and her mom walked in, but hadn't seen anyone.

Thats a beautiful story thanks  for sharing...I believe her..Do you?  

• Like 1

I do believe. Though I've never seen them myself, I've spoken to many who have. 

• Like 1

I sorta gathered that already But thats ok....

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:56 PM, Brandy333 said:

I was run over by a truck when I was 13. I had no broken bones and no concussion but just a ruptured lung and macadam in the back. Either I got really lucky or something was protecting me but I don't know if it was a guardian angel or something like that.