Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College Football 2018

BrooklynGuy

1 hour ago, Bama13 said:

Not sure who is tough.

Michigan went 8-5 last year so Mediocre

Stanford 9-5 Medicore

Va Tech 9-4 Medicore

FSU 7-6 bad to mediocre

USC 11-3  Good

I only see 1 team (USC) that is above mediocre. Oh wait, you meant tough for ND. Of course when your team is only average I guess playing other average teams is tough. :lol:

Yes we all can't play powerhouses like the Citadel, Arkansas St. and the University of Louisiana. :whistle: 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Yes we all can't play powerhouses like the Citadel, Arkansas St. and the University of Louisiana. :whistle: 

:lol:  :rofl:  :lol:

Ouch babe!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

You are so right!...UCF National Champs!!!

They beat the man,who beat the man! :lol:

Now where's that banner...oh yeah :clap: :tsu: :clap:

Didn't 7SU beat the man that beat the man? Along with Clemson? And UGA too? :D Are they all champs? :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I never claimed that BAMA's schedule was tough. I'm looking for a 15-0 natty this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bama13 said:

I never claimed that BAMA's schedule was tough. I'm looking for a 15-0 natty this year.

So your goal is to be more like UCF last year...INTERESTING! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

College football's toughest non conference schedules

It's worth noting that two of the four teams that made the College Football Playoff last season, Clemson and Georgia, each played two nonconference games against Power 5 opponents. In fact, Clemson played Auburn and South Carolina, both of which were ranked in the CFP selection committee's rankings going into the final week of the regular season, and Georgia played both of its games on the road -- at Notre Dame and at Georgia Tech. And CFP participant Oklahoma played at Ohio State and won handily.

Read more: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23716378/college-football-toughest-nonconference-schedules

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrooklynGuy said:

*Yawn*

:lol:

2 Texas teams eh? Where is Baylor?  I call rigged....

(Sure) lol

• Like 3

I wonder what will happen if Chip Kelly turns UCLA around and wins the pac-12 and makes the CFP, but the championship game is in Jerry World? Public schools from Cali and Wash can't travel to Texas (on the taxpayers dime) due to state law. Would they have to forfeit? Could their boosters pay for the trip? That would be interesting to see.

I ask because I read that LSU had to go to Corvallis this year for their baseball regional because the NCAA was manipulating the match ups to prevent any Cali or Wash teams that won their regional from having to travel to Mississippi, Texas, or N Carolina for their super regional. Personally I think they should have left the regionals alone and if a Cali or Wash team had to travel to one of those states and didn't they would forfeit. Shouldn't pander to dumb state laws made by snowflakes.

• Like 3

On 6/11/2018 at 7:46 AM, BrooklynGuy said:

Don't have to pay people to recognize greatness. Why wouldn't anyone start BAMA off at #1? They have won 5 of the last 10 nattys. No other team has won more than one in that span.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bama13 said:

I wonder what will happen if Chip Kelly turns UCLA around and wins the pac-12 and makes the CFP, but the championship game is in Jerry World? Public schools from Cali and Wash can't travel to Texas (on the taxpayers dime) due to state law. Would they have to forfeit? Could their boosters pay for the trip? That would be interesting to see.

I ask because I read that LSU had to go to Corvallis this year for their baseball regional because the NCAA was manipulating the match ups to prevent any Cali or Wash teams that won their regional from having to travel to Mississippi, Texas, or N Carolina for their super regional. Personally I think they should have left the regionals alone and if a Cali or Wash team had to travel to one of those states and didn't they would forfeit. Shouldn't pander to dumb state laws made by snowflakes.

Screw California... ;)

I know USC can go if they have the wins as they are a private school...i don't think Chip will exactly turn UCLA into a powerhouse,the rules changes since his last go at Oregon have vastly changed "tempo" offenses!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bama13 said:

Don't have to pay people to recognize greatness. Why wouldn't anyone start BAMA off at #1? They have won 5 of the last 10 nattys. No other team has won more than one in that span.

Should have been 6...but 1 second and a "KICK SIX" later ruined that greatness :lol:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Should have been 6...but 1 second and a "KICK SIX" later ruined that greatness :lol:

:lol::lol:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bama13 said:

After Rosen and Darnold, new L.A. QBs take center stage

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23735198/ucla-bruins-usc-trojans-turn-new-qbs-josh-rosen-sam-darnold

• Like 2

The 2018 CFB preseason schedule superlatives

There is nothing standardized about college football schedules. They diverge so dramatically because of league, region, resources and other factors. Scheduling philosophies range from the pragmatic to the bold to the cowardly to the nonsensical. The 10-member Big 12 plays a round-robin league slate, ensuring every conference matchup takes place every year. SEC and ACC teams in opposite divisions, meanwhile, can go seven years without playing one another. Some teams tour the far reaches of the lower 48 with their road schedules; others barely cross state lines.

Read more: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23775621/nebraska-tough-road-sked-tops-2018-college-football-schedule-superlatives

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

The 2018 CFB preseason schedule superlatives

There is nothing standardized about college football schedules. They diverge so dramatically because of league, region, resources and other factors. Scheduling philosophies range from the pragmatic to the bold to the cowardly to the nonsensical. The 10-member Big 12 plays a round-robin league slate, ensuring every conference matchup takes place every year. SEC and ACC teams in opposite divisions, meanwhile, can go seven years without playing one another. Some teams tour the far reaches of the lower 48 with their road schedules; others barely cross state lines.

Read more: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23775621/nebraska-tough-road-sked-tops-2018-college-football-schedule-superlatives

Very interesting BG, thanks. Crazy stuff I guess...

Most basketball-centric football schedule: Baylor

239.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueImagine being a Baylor fan and seeing Duke and Kansas visiting on back-to-back weekends -- then realizing that this is football, not basketball. Baylor's athletic marketing staff could have some fun with this year's schedule, which includes the ACC basketball powerhouse along with three Big 12 teams that reached last year's Elite Eight and one that went to the Final Four (Texas Tech).

Wacky Big XII schedule as you noted in your post.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Wacky Big XII schedule as you noted in your post.

Any year you can play Duke and Kansas back to back is a good year! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Pretty accurate list :lol:

• Like 3