Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College Football 2018

BrooklynGuy

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yes sir...3 times in the late 90's...

In the words of "The Rock"..."Know your roll and shut your mouth" :P :lol: jk Bama lol

Whoa!

And I thought "Bless your heart" was bold to say!  :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yes sir...3 times in the late 90's...

In the words of "The Rock"..."Know your roll and shut your mouth" :P :lol: jk Bama lol

Have y'all ever won? jk

They beat us in 2000, for our Home Coming game. :(

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Have y'all ever won? jk

Fo Show :lol:

Beat Dante Culpepper almost every year he was in college lol...3-1 against the mighty Knights hahaha

• Like 3

Ok guys...

Getting closer to August/fall camp...

It's sta4ting to "feel" like football time,i'll start signing up for the pick'ems soon...i've started my yearly "studying" in the past few days lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Have y'all ever won? jk

And yet...we've still never lost to the "Powerhouse" known as La Tech...even never having the all powerfull "Saybean" at the helm :whistle: :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Ok guys...

It's sta4ting to "feel" like football time,i'll start signing up for the pick'ems soon...i've started my yearly "studying" in the past few days lol

• Haha 3

Been watching old college football games on ESPN Classic and ESPNU, it's hard to imagine we watched those games 10, 15 and 20 years ago with the terrible picture quality of that time.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Been watching old college football games on ESPN Classic and ESPNU, it's hard to imagine we watched those games 10, 15 and 20 years ago with the terrible picture quality of that time.  

Yeah i've been watching a few myself lol

Thank god for High Def :lol:

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yeah i've been watching a few myself lol

Thank god for High Def :lol:

Yeah, but not even widescreen! It's funny how spoiled we get.

If it's not HD I can't get into it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

Ok guys...

That should help.

*did I say that? :lol: *

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

And yet...we've still never lost to the "Powerhouse" known as La Tech...even never having the all powerfull "Saybean" at the helm :whistle: :lol:

And you haven't won 5 natty's in the last nine years history of your school. :rolleyes:

Damn the season needs to get here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Imo the 2001 Miami squad had the best team with Bama's 2011 squad a close second.

Vince Young-led Texas the best team of the past 20 years

The college football world changed dramatically when the Bowl Championship Series was formed 20 years ago, giving the sport a definitive championship game for the first time. To celebrate 20 years of championship games, ESPN Analytics calculated overall, offensive and defensive ratings to find the true strength of a champion through a comparison of top college football programs across seasons.

Read more: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24198508/college-football-national-champions-20-years-ranked

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Imo the 2001 Miami squad had the best team with Bama's 2011 squad a close second.

Vince Young-led Texas the best team of the past 20 years

The college football world changed dramatically when the Bowl Championship Series was formed 20 years ago, giving the sport a definitive championship game for the first time. To celebrate 20 years of championship games, ESPN Analytics calculated overall, offensive and defensive ratings to find the true strength of a champion through a comparison of top college football programs across seasons.

Read more: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24198508/college-football-national-champions-20-years-ranked

Yeah i thought those ratings were a bit of a joke tbh...

'01 Miami was probably the all around greatest team ever!...seeing '13 Fl St rated so highly is a joke aswell,the ACC was terrible as a whole that season and Fl St struggled life and death with a almost double digit under dog Auburn in the Natty.

I'd say '01 Miami,'04 USC,and then '11 Bama as the top 3 of the BCS-current era...'08 Florida could have given all 3 a great game though!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yeah i thought those ratings were a bit of a joke tbh...

btw tbh idk ffs wtf.

:P

• Haha 3

If you had to pick one game that your team will lose and one they will win which games are you picking?

For me I would pick to win the auburn game and lose to Missouri (or any team from the east that BAMA plays not named 10rc). In years past I picked L7U as the win, but with coach O there... well 'nuff said.

How about you @BrooklynGuy? @CrimsonKing? @.ZZ.? anyone else?

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

• Like 2

On 7/31/2018 at 1:14 PM, Bama13 said:

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit.

No, but I know a company that hires only crack plumbers!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, .ZZ. said:

No, but I know a company that hires only crack plumbers!

:lol::lol:

• Like 2

On 7/31/2018 at 2:14 PM, Bama13 said:

If you had to pick one game that your team will lose and one they will win which games are you picking?

For me I would pick to win the auburn game and lose to Missouri (or any team from the east that BAMA plays not named 10rc). In years past I picked L7U as the win, but with coach O there... well 'nuff said.

How about you @BrooklynGuy? @CrimsonKing? @.ZZ.? anyone else?

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

We are playing seven, possible eight, top 25 teams this season, I'm really hoping for a 10-2 season though 9-3 may be more realistic. All of our tough games are at home or a neutral site except the Northwestern game which is in Evansville so that should help. I'm picking them to beat Michigan at home to set the tone for the season. I'll pick Stanford to take the loss since they are a very good squad and we play them in the first half of the season, so the loss would hurt a lot less in the Bowl Game picture, than say losing to Southern Cal the last weekend of the season.

BTW I looked into tickets for the ND vs Syracuse game at Yankee Stadium and the nosebleed seats in the endzone are going for $347.00 a piece :passifier:. Can you boys start a Go Fund Me page for me please? ;)

image.png.f01c49371c0ee6a4f5ab325e3b0fcae7.png  :gun::clap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BrooklynGuy said:

@Myles how do you see this shaking out? Do they actually let this guy go?

I think he is done.   Not sure I agree with it yet, but in this "metoo" time, there won't be any chances taken.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think he is done.   Not sure I agree with it yet, but in this "metoo" time, there won't be any chances taken.  

You are probably right, but he won't be out of a job for long.

• Like 2

Here is the full poll:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Washington
7. Wisconsin
8. Miami (FL)
9. Penn State
10. Auburn