Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College Football 2018

BrooklynGuy

On 7/31/2018 at 1:14 PM, Bama13 said:

If you had to pick one game that your team will lose and one they will win which games are you picking?

For me I would pick to win the auburn game and lose to Missouri (or any team from the east that BAMA plays not named 10rc). In years past I picked L7U as the win, but with coach O there... well 'nuff said.

How about you @BrooklynGuy? @CrimsonKing? @.ZZ.? anyone else?

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

Hmmmm...

I think this is a easier question for me than most...

Who i want to beat is Bama...never really care who wins the Auburn vs LSU game,but prefer it to be the team with the best chance of winning the SEC/Natty ;)

I already dunno if i give much of a crap to stick around much this season and discuss cfb...Auburn was given the kiss of death with a preseason top 10 ranking....They will finish the season about 8-5,coach O is a good defensive mind and recruiter for LSU but the guys recent fire and hire on offense has me scratching my head :huh:

Seasons a month away and i already have a sick enough feeling meh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't been keeping up with the Urban Meyer thing too much.   I mean I don't know the details.   It looks like he will be done and out.  

Is this an accurate summary?

Zach Smith (WR coach) is accused of smashing his ex wifes car and throwing her against a wall.   The ex wife allegedly told Meyers wife about this.  If Meyer knew of this and did not report it, he is guilty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Is this an accurate summary?

Zach Smith (WR coach) is accused of smashing his ex wifes car and throwing her against a wall.   The ex wife allegedly told Meyers wife about this.  If Meyer knew of this and did not report it, he is guilty.

Yeah that's about it...tack on the Florida drama Urban left in his wake,and i believe he will be the new Art Briles...

He will be toxic to the point none will hire him...

• Like 3

I don't think Urban gets fired. Maybe suspended for some games.

He is now saying that he reported it to the AD in 2015. Makes me wonder why they placed him on Administrative Leave if he reported it in 2015. I think Gene Smith winds up taking the hit for this so Urban can keep his job. Good football coaches are harder to replace than good ADs. Just my opinion.

Edited by Bama13
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Bama13 said:

I don't think Urban gets fired. Maybe suspended for some games.

He is now saying that he reported it to the AD in 2015. Makes me wonder why they placed him on Administrative Leave if he reported it in 2015. I think Gene Smith winds up taking the hit for this so Urban can keep his job. Good football coaches are harder to replace than good ADs. Just my opinion.

Good points,maybe the AD falls on the sword...

• Like 2

38526521_847080285680206_827272708081949

Harte

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38740288_1793150567399178_27593781940280

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I like their predictions B)

4 teams most likely to be in College Football Playoff, according to ESPN's new algorithm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2018/08/08/4-teams-most-likely-to-be-in-college-football-playoff-according-to-espns-new-algorithm/111220506/

This all makes sense now!

Irish at #4! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For you SEC fans.    Any idea what the knock was against Skai Moore, LB out of South Carolina.    He led the SEC in tackles.   He went undrafted and the Colts signed him.   He looked great in their lone preseason game. 

It just seems crazy for the SEC tackles leader not to get drafted.  

• Like 2

Size and speed, apparently.

He has a chance to prove them all wrong though.

Harte

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Harte said:

Size and speed, apparently.

He has a chance to prove them all wrong though.

Harte

Not huge for a LB, but in the Colts Tampa 2 they are running this year, he could be great.  

• Like 2

Ah, just heard that the mascot may be part of the NCAA punishment for their cheating. :rolleyes: Only thing that makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This **** made me tear up 

• Like 2

As little as i think of the state of Maryland...

I don't see how this can be put on Durkin,as Joey Galloway said i just don't think the players at Maryland are being put through that much tougher workouts than any other school.

It was an unfortunate and sad event,but 99% of head coaches have little to nothing to do with treating players injuries or illness.

Whoever the hell was in charge of the med staff should have known to IMMEDIATELY put the guy in ice!

Unfortunate situation...

• Like 2

Ok guys,been looking around for other places for us to talk football on so we don't leave ZZ hangin by himself lol

Any of you guys got any recomendations?

Almost right at opening weekend!...has it been 8 months already :huh: :clap:

• Like 2

Oh yeah Auburn signed a 2 series matchup against Baylor for 2025-2026...not sure what Auburn will look like then,but good enough to beat Baylor i'm sure :whistle: :lol:

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dawg Nation comes up big in support of one Austin Peay family

Link

Harte

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Harte said:

Link

Harte

Auburn just had 3 players bumped up to 5* status...working hard to take Haselwood away from the Dawgs for a 4th...

AU recruiting has picked up the past few days,still got 10-11 spots open!

• Like 2

Good for them. Maybe they can crack the top ten list.

Harte

• Haha 1

Top Georgia RB recruit tears ACL

When Zamir White, a 5-star tailback recruit headed for Georgia, hurt his knee Friday night he didn’t think he had suffered a serious injury. He walked off the field on his own power.

It turned out to be a serious injury for White: a torn ACL that ends his high school career and puts his ability to play for Georgia next season in doubt.

White is the nation’s top-rated tailback and No. 6 overall prospect in the nation, according to the 247Sports composite. He has said he plans to sign Dec. 20, the first day of the new early signing period, and will enroll at UGA in January.

Dawgnation

Bad sign for this super talent.

Harte