Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College Football 2018

BrooklynGuy

29 minutes ago, Harte said:

Top Georgia RB recruit tears ACL

Dawgnation

Bad sign for this super talent.

Harte

Well i'd feel sorry for you guys,but i don't...

Auburn was ranked 9th in the AP poll that came out earlier today and 10th in the coaches...gonna be a rough year :(

Hell Bama's already having a bit of rough luck,another Lb'er out for the year over the weekend...Saban ranted about media and fans thinking Bama can just s*** players lol

I think Clemsons gonna be the team to beat this season.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2018 at 7:14 PM, CrimsonKing said:

Ok guys,been looking around for other places for us to talk football on so we don't leave ZZ hangin by himself lol

Any of you guys got any recomendations?

Almost right at opening weekend!...has it been 8 months already :huh: :clap:

Yes we need to find someplace so ZZ can join in, let me see what I can find for us.

• Like 2

Just now, BrooklynGuy said:

Yes we need to find someplace so ZZ can join in, let me see what I can find for us.

I'm still looking around aswell...just isn't football season without ZZ talking trash :lol:

I'm gonna make a yahoo account for the college pick'em,whens the deadline?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'm still looking around aswell...just isn't football season without ZZ talking trash :lol:

I'm gonna make a yahoo account for the college pick'em,whens the deadline?

Yes you can still sign up, I just made a discussion thread for us there for us. The Group ID is 243 and the Password is godzilla22

Here's the link: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/register/joingroup

Edited by BrooklynGuy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Auburn was ranked 9th in the AP poll that came out earlier today and 10th in the coaches...gonna be a rough year :(

Hell Bama's already having a bit of rough luck,another Lb'er out for the year over the weekend...Saban ranted about media and fans thinking Bama can just s*** players lol

Here's the AP Poll: https://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Nice to see Oregon back in the top 25.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Yes you can still sign up, I just made a discussion thread for us there for us. The Group ID is 243 and the Password is godzilla22

Here's the link: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/register/joingroup

Ok bud,i'll go ahead and make it tonight or tomorrow and quit assing around lol...think the first games are this weekend,none really good but hey it's still football lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

Well, the kid had a similar injury in high school.

Plus, there's this - also from dawgnation:

“White did not appear as explosive, quick or powerful as in his high school film footage. Further, in talking to Georgia defensive players, White was not the first, second, third or sometimes fourth back mentioned when asked who had impressed. Georgia’s backfield is deep and talented, and D’Andre Swift, Elijah Holyfield, Brian Herrien and James Cook all looked better.”

Cook is a true incoming freshman like White, only Cook has looked far better (White was the consensus #1 RB recruit in the nation.)

Harte

• Like 1

I'm signed up BG :tu:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Harte said:

Well, the kid had a similar injury in high school.

Plus, there's this - also from dawgnation:

Cook is a true incoming freshman like White, only Cook has looked far better (White was the consensus #1 RB recruit in the nation.)

Harte

Rb's are hard to predict a career for...some take way too much damage way to early in their playing careers,and some are just "diva'ish"...

I mean 2 years back Kam Pettway at AU started the season as a former 3* recruit and was fighting for the lead in the "H-back" hybrid fb/te role...wound up getting a shot at rb due to injuries and led the league in rushing!

Just a hard position to judge after injuries,UGA has plenty of talent back there though!

• Like 3

On 8/17/2018 at 7:14 PM, CrimsonKing said:

Ok guys,been looking around for other places for us to talk football on so we don't leave ZZ hangin by himself lol

Any of you guys got any recomendations?

Almost right at opening weekend!...has it been 8 months already :huh: :clap:

What happened to ZZ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bama13 said:

What happened to ZZ?

He asked questions! :angry: 

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Myles said:

Looks like there are 6 of us in it this year.  

image.png.fa08ed8587a965619e2fa28ddc3401e0.png

Yeah i joined up last night...

Still time for @Sakari and @Farmer77 to sign up if they want too ;)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't remember, but apparently I finished 2nd last year.

image.png.677afc4ef4e9b112c09177249ddfd90d.png

Then you will have no problem finishing 2nd this year behind me! :D :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Be nice if we could adjust the pick'em discussion into more of a forum type...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'm signed up BG :tu:

Excellent!!! Like you said we have room for two more. 

Unfortunately the College Pick'em message board is a no go, you can't reply to messages directly as ZZ said.

@Myles is it the same with the NFL Pick'em?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

He asked questions! :angry: 

:lol:

Well hell, we can't have that now can we! :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Well hell, we can't have that now can we! :(

Most certainly not!...it's in the Rualz! :wacko: :lol:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Rb's are hard to predict a career for...some take way too much damage way to early in their playing careers,and some are just "diva'ish"...

I mean 2 years back Kam Pettway at AU started the season as a former 3* recruit and was fighting for the lead in the "H-back" hybrid fb/te role...wound up getting a shot at rb due to injuries and led the league in rushing!

Just a hard position to judge after injuries,UGA has plenty of talent back there though!

I'm excited about it.

I always love watching the run game (when it's working.)

More than passing.

Harte

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Harte said:

I'm excited about it.

I always love watching the run game (when it's working.)

More than passing.

Harte

I've always wanted too see what Holyfield was capable of...Auburn fought Georgia till the very end for him...but look who's been in front of him till now lol

• Like 2

On 8/20/2018 at 4:49 PM, BrooklynGuy said:

@and then

here ya go man :tu:

• Like 1

I'd really like to see Kiffin and the Owls give the Sooners a run for their money but it's going to be tough to do playing in Norman.

FAU head coach Lane Kiffin not opposed to playing multiple quarterbacks in season opener against No. 7 Oklahoma

http://faufocus.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/08/22/fau-head-coach-lane-kiffin-not-opposed-to-playing-multiple-quarterbacks-in-season-opener-against-no-7-oklahoma/

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I'd really like to see Kiffin and the Owls give the Sooners a run for their money but it's going to be tough to do playing in Norman.

FAU head coach Lane Kiffin not opposed to playing multiple quarterbacks in season opener against No. 7 Oklahoma

http://faufocus.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/08/22/fau-head-coach-lane-kiffin-not-opposed-to-playing-multiple-quarterbacks-in-season-opener-against-no-7-oklahoma/

Is Lane going to be L7Us next head coach?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Is Lane going to be L7Us next head coach?

I hope he stays put but he will certainly get a lot of offers if he has another season like last years 11-3 season

• Like 2