Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College Football 2018

BrooklynGuy

2 hours ago, Harte said:

We not posting here anymore?

Harte

Most of the guys are posting on the League message board since a couple of them got banned from UM. Some big games today including your Bulldogs Harte.

Yeah, as the leader of the pick'em league, I figured I'd better put up a post over there. :w00t:

Harte

• Haha 1

@and then don't forget to make your UM college football pick'em picks next week, everyone drops their worst week so you are still in good shape 

• Like 1

OT Isaiah Prince on Urban Meyer: 'I believe he was telling the truth'

Ohio State players, speaking Tuesday for the first time since coach Urban Meyer returned from a three-game suspension, said Meyer's actions did not change the way they viewed him or the "core values" of honesty and respect for women that he regularly espouses. Senior tackle Isaiah Prince said he and his teammates have tried to ignore criticism of their coach during the past six weeks.

Read more: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24726984/ohio-state-buckeyes-say-view-coach-urban-meyer-unchanged-suspension

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

OT Isaiah Prince on Urban Meyer: 'I believe he was telling the truth'

Ohio State players, speaking Tuesday for the first time since coach Urban Meyer returned from a three-game suspension, said Meyer's actions did not change the way they viewed him or the "core values" of honesty and respect for women that he regularly espouses. Senior tackle Isaiah Prince said he and his teammates have tried to ignore criticism of their coach during the past six weeks.

Read more: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24726984/ohio-state-buckeyes-say-view-coach-urban-meyer-unchanged-suspension

You know im a sports talk junkie and just about everyone is killing Urban for this whole thing. At first I thought I just didnt care because Im a Buckeye fan and hes Urban freaking Meyer but the more i listen to the issues overall, IDK that i would have cared even if it were someone else.....

.....Unless it was Michigan, if Harbaugh lies he should be publicly flogged. :D

• Like 2

Hey guys. I am looking for someone that can remove a Tattoo I have on my arm. After tonight, I can no longer lay my eyes on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2018 at 12:12 AM, Sakari said:

Hey guys. I am looking for someone that can remove a Tattoo I have on my arm. After tonight, I can no longer lay my eyes on it.

Don't give up on them yet Sakari, there was a lot of upsets this week in college and pro ball.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Time for Urban to slither out of town again like he did in Florida.

As a Buckeyes fan im not mad, dude's health has been a concern for the past couple of season. I do have some concerns about recruiting in the long term but overall I think Urban set the program up for long term success.

• Like 1

It's nice to see him go out the right way.   Before it affects the recruits.     Still going to coach through the Rose Bowl.   

• Like 1

On the surface he will leave them a lot better off than he left Florida...

Never can be sure of how many hidden landmines Urban has left behind through the years though...

• Like 2

Interesting piece from the Big Ten, I guess you could make an argument either way.

Jim Delany says College Football Playoff doesn't define Big Ten

The Big Ten has been left out of the College Football Playoff the past two years and hasn't had its champion included since 2015, but commissioner Jim Delany isn't panicking with the league's schedule model. Delany said Wednesday that the Big Ten has no plans to shorten its league schedule from nine games to eight. The Big Ten, Pac-12 and Big 12 all play nine conference games, while the SEC and ACC -- the only leagues with playoff participants in all five years of the system -- play eight. 

Read more: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25460556/big-ten-commissioner-jim-delany-there-no-plans-reduce-number-league-games-nine-eight

Another piece of the puzzle emerges as to why we don't have a real playoff. 

In a perfect world, playoffs would be final bowls on New Year’s Day; but that won’t happen with Rose and Sugar bowls holding CFP hostage

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181206/dangelo-in-perfect-world-playoffs-would-be-final-bowls-on-new-years-day-but-that-wont-happen-with-rose-and-sugar-bowls-holding-cfp-hostage