Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College Football 2018

BrooklynGuy

Ok you guys and Lady, after we get done picking apart the 2017 season it's on to next season:

The best games of next year's opening weekend

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/140287/the-best-games-of-next-years-opening-weekend

Alabama wins CFP title and is No. 1 in Way-Too-Early Top 25 for 2018

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21902794/alabama-crimson-tide-georgia-bulldogs-lead-way-too-early-2018-top-25

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Ok you guys and Lady, after we get done picking apart the 2017 season it's on to next season:

The best games of next year's opening weekend

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/140287/the-best-games-of-next-years-opening-weekend

Alabama wins CFP title and is No. 1 in Way-Too-Early Top 25 for 2018

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21902794/alabama-crimson-tide-georgia-bulldogs-lead-way-too-early-2018-top-25

Wow!

Another year and another CFB thread!

Yay

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

This is a good time to say thanks BG for giving us "shelter from the storm" ;)

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

This is a god time to say thanks BG for giving us "shelter from the storm" ;)

My pleasure ZZ, and Baylor is going to have a great 2018 season

• Like 3

I'm still digesting the playoffs myself. The Georgia/Oklahoma and the Georgia/Alabama games were clearly two of the greatest games I ever saw. Just exciting and fun to watch.

Next year I am predicting the Championship for Jim Harbaugh and Michigan now that Harbaugh's got a quarterback, Shea Patterson recruited from Ole Miss when they got placed on probation. Speaking about getting ahead of ourselves, Shea Patterson is already projected to be the #1 overall NFL Draft Pick for 2019

GO BLUE !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What have you crazy bastuds been up to?... :lol:

Well National signing day came and went without much of a bang this year due to the early signing period <_<

That said i was happy with Auburns class,not so much with LSU's though...

Just looked at BG's previous post and....what the heck happened to Michigan and Hairball? :huh:

Michigan jesus had like the 23rd ranked recruiting class lmao :lol:

@BrooklynGuy

I didn't like the steps the NCAA took to make ND vacate those wins from the '12 run to the Natty game!...setting the stage for a slippery slope!

• Like 2

How bout my Eagles?

That is my highlight this year.......Been working, and not much else.

• Like 3

On 2/15/2018 at 1:17 PM, CrimsonKing said:

Well National signing day came and went without much of a bang this year due to the early signing period <_<

Just looked at BG's previous post and....what the heck happened to Michigan and Hairball? :huh:

@BrooklynGuy

I didn't like the steps the NCAA took to make ND vacate those wins from the '12 run to the Natty game!...setting the stage for a slippery slope!

Agreed I'm obviously biased but it's a pretty harsh punishment for some questionable violations.

• Like 3

On 2/15/2018 at 0:17 PM, CrimsonKing said:

@BrooklynGuy

Well, well, well, what do we have here?

Sup dude? :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, .ZZ. said:

Well, well, well, what do we have here?

Sup dude? :P

:lol:

Hows it been going bud?...i've been busy as hell,but was going to drop in for some Super Bowl trash talk but once i saw the Pats were in again i became disinterested...little did i know the Eagles actually had it in 'em :lol: :clap:

• Like 4

:sleepy:

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

:lol:

Hows it been going bud?...i've been busy as hell,but was going to drop in for some Super Bowl trash talk but once i saw the Pats were in again i became disinterested...little did i know the Eagles actually had it in 'em :lol: :clap:

Welcome back my friend, it's been a little....how you say.....dull around UM lately. :sleepy:

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 2

Just now, .ZZ. said:

:sleepy:

Welcome back my friend, it's been a little....how you say.....dull around UM lately. :sleepy:

What? :o

You mean the same people droning on about the same 3 or 4 issues endlessly isn't the very meaning of EXCITING!?... :lol:

Yeah i already can't wait for football season hahaha

Atleast Auburn basketball has been exciting enough to get me to watch 4 of their games this season,and AU softball ladies look pretty damn good aswell :D...poor LSU looks to be falling into a mudhole in all sports currently :(

Only 6 1/2 months till football!!! :clap:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

What? :o

You mean the same people droning on about the same 3 or 4 issues endlessly isn't the very meaning of EXCITING!?... :lol:

Yeah i already can't wait for football season hahaha

Atleast Auburn basketball has been exciting enough to get me to watch 4 of their games this season,and AU softball ladies look pretty damn good aswell :D...poor LSU looks to be falling into a mudhole in all sports currently :(

Only 6 1/2 months till football!!! :clap:

LOL,  I've got nothing on basketball this year, Baylor is really bad.

I have sort of jumped on the eagles bandwagon, love their coach Pederson! He's got guts, i admire guts....

What i don't admire is people from other countries preaching how bad the USA is! Grrrrrrr

LOL

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

LOL,  I've got nothing on basketball this year, Baylor is really bad.

I have sort of jumped on the eagles bandwagon, love their coach Pederson! He's got guts, i admire guts....

What i don't admire is people from other countries preaching how bad the USA is! Grrrrrrr

LOL

But the good thing for Baylor,despite all the bad coming out of it is Michigan St's ongoing problems have pushed the Baylor scandal aside ;)

As for the Pro's Carolina went and hired Brady Hoke as their D-line coach... :mellow:

I expect Hoke to work his magic he has at his last 3 stops in the college ranks...expect Rivera to be fired after a 3-13 season next year lol

Yeah i bet if we took away our 50% of total NATO spending and guarantee of US backup if s*** hit the fan,we wouldn't hear such high and mighty tones from others ;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Lane Kiffin hints that Alabama is the Virginia of college football

Virginia’s style of lockdown defense and slow-but-steady offense was exposed Friday night against the University of Maryland-Baltimore County, but people were complaining about the Cavaliers’ approach even before the Retrievers took control en route to the historic upset. Coach Tony Bennett’s methods have been criticized for years, but the Cavs weren’t always as dominant as they were this season. They went 31-2 in the regular season, earning the No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Read more: https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/lane-kiffin-hints-alabama-virginia-college-football

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Lane Kiffin hints that Alabama is the Virginia of college football

Virginia’s style of lockdown defense and slow-but-steady offense was exposed Friday night against the University of Maryland-Baltimore County, but people were complaining about the Cavaliers’ approach even before the Retrievers took control en route to the historic upset. Coach Tony Bennett’s methods have been criticized for years, but the Cavs weren’t always as dominant as they were this season. They went 31-2 in the regular season, earning the No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Read more: https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/lane-kiffin-hints-alabama-virginia-college-football

What ever happened to Bama13?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BrooklynGuy said:

This is interesting, Briles got his money after all. I hope he gets a coaching job soon.

Baylor paid Art Briles $15 million after firing him amid scandal

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/03/31/baylor-paid-art-briles-15m-after-firing-him-amid-scandal/33442209/

I saw that.

It seems like Baylor has some deep pockets after all.

I would like to see him get a team too. Maybe he is toxic?

• Like 1