Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
BrooklynGuy

College Football 2018

311 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

BrooklynGuy

Missouri, Rutgers, UConn among schools exploring compensation for costs caused by sports betting

NCAA athletic programs are examining ways to be compensated for any increased compliance costs caused by the legalization of sports betting in some states. On Thursday, representatives from Missouri, Rutgers and UConn participated in a conference call with Major League Baseball to consider options, including potentially creating a mechanism where a percentage of the amount wagered on events involving college teams would be funneled back to the schools. Major League Baseball, along with the NBA and PGA Tour, has been lobbying for similar fees to be paid to the professional leagues based on the amount wagered.

Read more: http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/23539466/ncaa-programs-looking-compensation-compliance-costs-caused-sports-betting

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing

Inching toward that 100 days to go mark my brothas :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrooklynGuy

Hunter Johnson to transfer, looking at Big Ten schools

Clemson quarterback Hunter Johnson plans to transfer, the school announced Monday. He will consider several Big Ten schools, sources confirmed to ESPN. Sources told ESPN's Adam Rittenberg that Northwestern and Purdue are two possible destinations for Johnson. His brother Cole played in few games as a reserve for Northwestern a few years ago. "While it is always disappointing to lose a great person and a great player, I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with Hunter and watch him grow and develop over the last year and a half," Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said in a statement. "Hunter is one of the best young men I have ever coached and has a very bright future ahead of him.

Read more: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23562090/clemson-tigers-qb-hunter-johnson-transfer

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
On 5/21/2018 at 2:29 AM, CrimsonKing said:

Inching toward that 100 days to go mark my brothas :D

I am so ready.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
On 5/22/2018 at 5:04 PM, .ZZ. said:

I am so ready.

 

I think your Bears will be one of the bigger "bounce back" teams this season...and i'm being serious as hell!

Rhule is a good coach and the transfers Baylor has added will be big upgrades,i see them 7-5 or 8-4 at the worst!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
43 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I think your Bears will be one of the bigger "bounce back" teams this season...and i'm being serious as hell!

Rhule is a good coach and the transfers Baylor has added will be big upgrades,i see them 7-5 or 8-4 at the worst!

I'll accept a minor bowl appearance, I guess. :mellow:

 

 

 

 

Yay! :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
Just now, .ZZ. said:

I'll accept a minor bowl appearance, I guess. :mellow:

 

 

 

 

Yay! :lol:

Crazy thing is,Baylor wasn't as bad as their record last year...

Gave the Sooners a hell of a scare and were just shy in several others!

With the transfers Rhule has loaded up on,i'm starting to wonder if he's paying folks :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Crazy thing is,Baylor wasn't as bad as their record last year...

Gave the Sooners a hell of a scare and were just shy in several others!

With the transfers Rhule has loaded up on,i'm starting to wonder if he's paying folks :lol:

Not ANOTHER NCAA violation!

Oh, please never say the name Sooners again.

 

 

 

:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrooklynGuy

Can't wait till the season starts. :clap::gun:

Here are the Big Games in week one.

I'm picking an early upset with Kiffen and the FAU Owls beating the Salmon Moose and Sooners on a game ending field goal. B)

Auburn vs Washington

Ole Miss vs Texas Tech

Notre Dame vs Michigan

Alabama vs Louisville

Miami vs LSU

Florida Atlantic vs Oklahoma

Stanford vs San Diego St.

Colorado vs Colorado St.

Tennessee vs West Virginia

Va Tech vs Florida St.

 

Edited by BrooklynGuy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing

99 days till opening weekend!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
22 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

99 days till opening weekend!

Is that all? :huh:

I'm picking Auburn.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

B) It could happen.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Is that all? :huh:

I'm picking Auburn.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

B) It could happen.

 

You rotten SOB :angry:... :lol:

Maybe your rotten pick'em luck on Auburn was just a 1 season type deal lol...going to be a tough one for AU but IF Malzahn actually is telling the truth and is going to let Stidham have full control of the O with all the returning wr's this could be a fun season to watch!

Still i'm not loving that new Georgia dome <_<...this will be Auburns 3rd straight game there and already 0-2 in that building grrr

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
24 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

You rotten SOB :angry:... :lol:

Maybe your rotten pick'em luck on Auburn was just a 1 season type deal lol...going to be a tough one for AU but IF Malzahn actually is telling the truth and is going to let Stidham have full control of the O with all the returning wr's this could be a fun season to watch!

Still i'm not loving that new Georgia dome <_<...this will be Auburns 3rd straight game there and already 0-2 in that building grrr

I will refer to my record, I'm 100% correct! :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrooklynGuy

I'd really like to see The Canes win a title but I don't think Richt can get it done, he can consistently win the 10 games but can't win the big one imo. 

The college football world really, really wants Miami to be great again.

To people of a certain age, say the words Miami and Hurricanes, and their eyes will glaze over on the way back to a special sports era that can never be duplicated. Being “all about the U” meant a brashness that forever bucked and changed the system. It was all about the swagger, the ridiculous NFL talent, and annual games that became among the greatest of all-time. But it was also all about backing up the bravado by always being national title-good – or losing in national title-level classics.

Read more: https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/05/miami-hurricanes-college-football-preview-2018

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
7 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I'd really like to see The Canes win a title but I don't think Richt can get it done, he can consistently win the 10 games but can't win the big one imo. 

The college football world really, really wants Miami to be great again.

To people of a certain age, say the words Miami and Hurricanes, and their eyes will glaze over on the way back to a special sports era that can never be duplicated. Being “all about the U” meant a brashness that forever bucked and changed the system. It was all about the swagger, the ridiculous NFL talent, and annual games that became among the greatest of all-time. But it was also all about backing up the bravado by always being national title-good – or losing in national title-level classics.

Read more: https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/05/miami-hurricanes-college-football-preview-2018

I somewhat agree BG,but being someone who always pulled for the Canes when everyone else despised them lol...i hold out hope!

Richt is still kinda young (though he seems to have been coaching forever!) and if he can keep the Canes in the 10 win range and in the spotlight for about 5 years Miami might be able to catch back up with the big boys!

Miami used to have a wall up around the South Florida talent pool,but being a private school and HORRIBLE decisions made by former AD's (Schalala) have put Miami a bit behind the times...when she was running the show after Miami's last great run 2000-2004 they may aswell been given the death penalty as the state of the program and facilities stagnated and began to rot...

With Richt running things things look to be coming back up with new facilities and the fan base being reinvigorated...they still could use an on campus stadium again though,really Miami's downfall all started with the tearing down of the Orange Bowl <_<

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
11 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I somewhat agree BG,but being someone who always pulled for the Canes when everyone else despised them lol...i hold out hope!

Richt is still kinda young (though he seems to have been coaching forever!) and if he can keep the Canes in the 10 win range and in the spotlight for about 5 years Miami might be able to catch back up with the big boys!

Miami used to have a wall up around the South Florida talent pool,but being a private school and HORRIBLE decisions made by former AD's (Schalala) have put Miami a bit behind the times...when she was running the show after Miami's last great run 2000-2004 they may aswell been given the death penalty as the state of the program and facilities stagnated and began to rot...

With Richt running things things look to be coming back up with new facilities and the fan base being reinvigorated...they still could use an on campus stadium again though,really Miami's downfall all started with the tearing down of the Orange Bowl <_<

That reminds me of the time last year where somebody posted a picture of Miami at night...near the Orange Bowl..

Here I was spouting off: "I lived near there with a chick years ago for a whirlwind 4 weeks"  Duh, that building is ancient history dumb butt ZZ. :blink:

Still, memories of splendor remain.

*Sigh*

 

 

:lol:

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
9 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

That reminds me of the time last year where somebody posted a picture of Miami at night...near the Orange Bowl..

Here I was spouting off: "I lived near there with a chick years ago for a whirlwind 4 weeks"  Duh, that building is ancient history dumb butt ZZ. :blink:

Still, memories of splendor remain.

*Sigh*

 

 

:lol:

Yeah i'm sorry i had to spoil the image for ya :lol:,still was a good story about what are probably still great memories ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
2 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Maybe they needed it for a stag party?  

 

:P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrooklynGuy
3 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Maybe they needed it for a stag party?  

 

:P

:lol::lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.