Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College Football 2018

BrooklynGuy

Florida Atlantic head coach Lane Kiffin (once again) offers middle school prospect in running back James Smiley

Nearly a decade after Lane Kiffin offered seventh-grade quarterback David Sills a scholarship to play at USC, the second-year Florida Atlantic coach is going back to his roots. Per a tweet from National Sports Report, FAU has offered eighth-grade running back and rising Superior Collegiate Academy (Tampa) freshman James Smiley.

Read more: http://faufocus.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/05/30/florida-atlantic-head-coach-lane-kiffin-once-again-offers-middle-school-prospect-in-running-back-james-smiley/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Florida Atlantic head coach Lane Kiffin (once again) offers middle school prospect in running back James Smiley

Nearly a decade after Lane Kiffin offered seventh-grade quarterback David Sills a scholarship to play at USC, the second-year Florida Atlantic coach is going back to his roots. Per a tweet from National Sports Report, FAU has offered eighth-grade running back and rising Superior Collegiate Academy (Tampa) freshman James Smiley.

Read more: http://faufocus.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/05/30/florida-atlantic-head-coach-lane-kiffin-once-again-offers-middle-school-prospect-in-running-back-james-smiley/

I honestly can't wait to see the Oklahoma vs Fl Atlantic game...if Lanes qb from last year Driskel hadn't "retired" that game could be called a "pick'em"...still could get interesting!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I honestly can't wait to see the Oklahoma vs Fl Atlantic game...if Lanes qb from last year Driskel hadn't "retired" that game could be called a "pick'em"...still could get interesting!

I'll be pulling for my Alma Mater, would love to see the Owls win a big game like this.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I'll be pulling for my Alma Mater, would love to see the Owls win a big game like this.

Kiffin has talent down there,the qb battle is between a former highly recruited FSU qb and a former highly recruited Oklahoma qb :blink:

• Like 2

Auburn's Gus Malzahn: NCAA headset rule will hurt college football

Auburn Tigers coach Gus Malzahn called the new NCAA rule limiting the number of people on headsets during games "a joke" that will have an impact on the quality of the game. Earlier this month, the NCAA passed legislation that will cap the number of people on headsets to 20, including 15 coaches. "The 20 headset rule is a joke," Malzahn said on Wednesday at SEC Spring Meetings. "There's no doubt about it. I think that's got the ability to hurt our game. That's a really big deal."

Read more: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23652092/gus-malzahn-auburn-tigers-says-ncaa-headset-rule-hurt-quality-college-football

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Auburn's Gus Malzahn: NCAA headset rule will hurt college football

Auburn Tigers coach Gus Malzahn called the new NCAA rule limiting the number of people on headsets during games "a joke" that will have an impact on the quality of the game. Earlier this month, the NCAA passed legislation that will cap the number of people on headsets to 20, including 15 coaches. "The 20 headset rule is a joke," Malzahn said on Wednesday at SEC Spring Meetings. "There's no doubt about it. I think that's got the ability to hurt our game. That's a really big deal."

Read more: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23652092/gus-malzahn-auburn-tigers-says-ncaa-headset-rule-hurt-quality-college-football

I wasn't aware that coaches play the game.

CK...ok go! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I wasn't aware that coaches play the game.

CK...ok go! :lol:

Dude i swear...I really don't like Malzahn and think he is not D-1 material as a HC...OC sure,but the important issues and the stepping in all over his coordinators gameplans combined with complaining about nonsense just leaves me confused as to how this guy almost won a Natty in his first season at AU....

• Like 2

Nick Saban Lost the Battle Over SEC Transfer Rules, but He May Win the War

Nick Saban asked for a ruling Tuesday. The Alabama coach got one Friday. It wasn’t the one he wanted, but it it may ultimately benefit him and the Crimson Tide in the long run. SEC presidents voted Friday to allow graduate transfers to play immediately even if they transfer within the conference. This should end a standoff involving Alabama and offensive lineman Brandon Kennedy, who reportedly hopes to transfer either to Auburn or Tennessee. On Tuesday, Saban said he simply wanted the league to decide whether graduate transfers who transfer within the conference are allowed to play immediately or whether they must sit out a year.

Read more: https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/06/01/sec-graduate-transfers-rule-change-nick-saban-alabama

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Nick Saban Lost the Battle Over SEC Transfer Rules, but He May Win the War

Nick Saban asked for a ruling Tuesday. The Alabama coach got one Friday. It wasn’t the one he wanted, but it it may ultimately benefit him and the Crimson Tide in the long run. SEC presidents voted Friday to allow graduate transfers to play immediately even if they transfer within the conference. This should end a standoff involving Alabama and offensive lineman Brandon Kennedy, who reportedly hopes to transfer either to Auburn or Tennessee. On Tuesday, Saban said he simply wanted the league to decide whether graduate transfers who transfer within the conference are allowed to play immediately or whether they must sit out a year.

Read more: https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/06/01/sec-graduate-transfers-rule-change-nick-saban-alabama

'Ol nick SATAN will always win in the end...

The dirty little troll sold his soul to win football games! :angry: :lol:

• Like 2

Updating the quarterback battles at top contenders

Spring is over, but we still don't know who the starting quarterback will be at a ton of Power 5 programs. Here's where those competitions stand with fall camp not far away.

• Like 1

I'm baaaack!!!

Did you miss me? Sorry I wasn't around for the natty last year. Any idea who won?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2018 at 3:52 PM, CrimsonKing said:

'Ol nick SATAN will always win in the end...

The dirty little troll sold his soul to win football games! :angry: :lol:

Negative Ghost Rider. Nick sits on the left hand of God!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/3/2018 at 8:41 AM, BrooklynGuy said:

Under new rule, SEC graduates can transfer within the conference and play immediately

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23670817/under-new-rule-sec-graduates-transfer-conference-play-immediately

Haha. Now Nick can cherry pick players from other SEC teams. Excellent. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

I'm baaaack!!!

Did you miss me? Sorry I wasn't around for the natty last year. Any idea who won?

We thought you would never return!

Welcome back my friend.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

I'm baaaack!!!

Good to see you posting again Bama13. Make sure you sign up for our UM Fantasy Football. BTW Notre Dame is by far the greatest team of all time. :gun:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Good to see you posting again Bama13. Make sure you sign up for our UM Fantasy Football. BTW Notre Dame is by far the greatest team of all time. :gun:

That same thought crossed my mind. :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bama13 said:

I'm baaaack!!!

Well i'll be damned...

Notta clue...but i do know who got beat like a cheap drum in November!... :whistle: :lol:

Welcome back bud,less than 3 months till the most wonderful time of the year!!! :clap:

• Like 3

2018 College Football Hall of Fame Class

The National Football Foundation (NFF) and College Football Hall of Fame announced the 2018 College Football Hall of Fame Class, which includes the names of 10 First Team All-America players and three standout coaches. The inductees were selected from the national ballot of 75 All-America players and six elite coaches from the Football Bowl Subdivision and the 98 players and 31 coaches from the divisional ranks. “We are extremely proud to announce the 2018 College Football Hall of Fame Class,” said Archie Manning, NFF Chairman and a 1989 College Football Hall of Famer from Mississippi. “Each of these men has established himself among the absolute best to have ever played or coached the game, and we look forward to immortalizing their incredible accomplishments.”

Read more: https://www.cfbhall.com/about/blog/2018-college-football-hall-of-fame-class/

• Like 4

21 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Still suffering from delusions. Not sure what you use as a measuring stick. BAMA has more: AP titles, BCS titles, and CFP titles. Not to mention that BAMA has had the two best coaches in the history of college football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Well i'll be damned...

Notta clue...but i do know who got beat like a cheap drum in November!... :whistle: :lol:

Welcome back bud,less than 3 months till the most wonderful time of the year!!! :clap:

If only the season ended in November. But, as you may or may not know being an auburn/7su fan, the seasons final game, which determines the champion, is played in January!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Notre Dame has another tough schedule this season. Looking forward to seeing the Syracuse game in person at Yankee Stadium. 

2018 SCHEDULE
Overall
0-0

Home
0-0

Away
0-0

Neutral
0-0

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result Media  

Sat., Sep. 1 vs.Michigan Michigan Notre Dame, Ind. 7:30 p.m. ET
TV: NBC
MORE
Sat., Sep. 8 vs.Ball State Ball State Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET
MORE
Sat., Sep. 15 vs.Vanderbilt Vanderbilt Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET
MORE
Sat., Sep. 22 atWake Forest Wake Forest Winston-Salem, N.C. TBA
TV: TBA
MORE
Sat., Sep. 29 vs.Stanford Stanford Notre Dame, Ind. 7:30 p.m. ET
MORE
Sat., Oct. 6 atVirginia Tech Virginia Tech Blacksburg, Va. TBA
MORE
Sat., Oct. 13 vs.Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET
MORE
Sat., Oct. 27 vs.Navy Navy San Diego, Calif. (SDCCU Stadium) 8:00 p.m. ET
TV: CBS
MORE
Sat., Nov. 3 atNorthwestern Northwestern Evanston, Ill. TBA
MORE
Sat., Nov. 10 vs.Florida State Florida State Notre Dame, Ind. 7:30 p.m. ET
MORE
Shamrock Series
Sat., Nov. 17 vs.Syracuse Syracuse Bronx, N.Y. (Yankee Stadium) 2:30 p.m. ET
MORE
spacer.gif
Sat., Nov. 24 atUSC USC Los Angeles, Calif. TBA
MORE
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

If only the season ended in November. But, as you may or may not know being an auburn/7su fan, the seasons final game, which determines the champion, is played in January!!

You boys down there is Alibami got a long way to go to catch the TWO leaders in national championships

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Notre Dame has another tough schedule this season. Looking forward to seeing the Syracuse game in person at Yankee Stadium. 

2018 SCHEDULE
Overall
0-0

Home
0-0

Away
0-0

Neutral
0-0

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result Media  

Sat., Sep. 1 vs.Michigan Michigan Notre Dame, Ind. 7:30 p.m. ET
MORE
Sat., Sep. 8 vs.Ball State Ball State Notre Dame, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET
MORE
Sat., Sep. 15 vs.Vanderbilt Vanderbilt Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET
MORE
Sat., Sep. 22 atWake Forest Wake Forest Winston-Salem, N.C. TBA
MORE
Sat., Sep. 29 vs.Stanford Stanford Notre Dame, Ind. 7:30 p.m. ET
MORE
Sat., Oct. 6 atVirginia Tech Virginia Tech Blacksburg, Va. TBA
MORE
Sat., Oct. 13 vs.Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Notre Dame, Ind. 2:30 p.m. ET
MORE
Sat., Oct. 27 vs.Navy Navy San Diego, Calif. (SDCCU Stadium) 8:00 p.m. ET
TV: CBS
MORE
Sat., Nov. 3 atNorthwestern Northwestern Evanston, Ill. TBA
MORE
Sat., Nov. 10 vs.Florida State Florida State Notre Dame, Ind. 7:30 p.m. ET
MORE
Shamrock Series
Sat., Nov. 17 vs.Syracuse Syracuse Bronx, N.Y. (Yankee Stadium) 2:30 p.m. ET
MORE
spacer.gif
Sat., Nov. 24 atUSC USC Los Angeles, Calif. TBA
MORE

Not sure who is tough.

Michigan went 8-5 last year so Mediocre

Stanford 9-5 Medicore

Va Tech 9-4 Medicore

FSU 7-6 bad to mediocre

USC 11-3  Good

I only see 1 team (USC) that is above mediocre. Oh wait, you meant tough for ND. Of course when your team is only average I guess playing other average teams is tough. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bama13 said:

You are so right!...UCF National Champs!!!

They beat the man,who beat the man! :lol:

Now where's that banner...oh yeah :clap: :tsu: :clap:

• Like 2