Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is God Real?

INeedAnswersPLZ

I'm not christian but I believe in god, usually when I pray and thank god and ask for things he will provide which is why I believe in him but I started thinking what If there isn't a god but instead an almighty force that we can control but just don't know how to. What I am trying to say is everyone has the power of atom manipulation the only problem is that we don't know know how to control it. When we are desperate we go to god but what if our desperation is what allows us to activate atom manipulation which is why what we want comes true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

I'm not christian but I believe in god, usually when I pray and thank god and ask for things he will provide which is why I believe in him but I started thinking what If there isn't a god but instead an almighty force that we can control but just don't know how to. What I am trying to say is everyone has the power of atom manipulation the only problem is that we don't know know how to control it. When we are desperate we go to god but what if our desperation is what allows us to activate atom manipulation which is why what we want comes true. 

I don't know you because you are new here...so...welcome...B)

That being said...nothing...absolutely nothing you said has any truth to it what so ever, at all!

We do not all have the power of atom manipulation.  Actually, atom manipulation is a real thing, but it isn't done with the human mind...that's just insanely silly...almost funny...but not really.

There is an almighty force!  It is called The Universe.  Go ahead...try to control it...(huge mistake)!  

• Like 6

God, ghosts, atom manipulations, and other things, that though I feel is a possibility, are not things that are a far gone surety, the way I see it. If one believes in atom manipulations, there would be more on it. 

Oh, I have heard of it. Even had a customer discuss it with me, and there are quite a few books, I have noticed on it. But as a bookseller, there seems to be books on almost everything. If it's something that you are interested in, then check it out. Something that is being encourage for all to believe in, that is going to be a bit harder for all to see. 

I think, we all have our paths, and not all paths are the same. There are possibilities, but there seems to be many, not one, from my point of view. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

I don't know you because you are new here...so...welcome...B)

That being said...nothing...absolutely nothing you said has any truth to it what so ever, at all!

We do not all have the power of atom manipulation.  Actually, atom manipulation is a real thing, but it isn't done with the human mind...that's just insanely silly...almost funny...but not really.

There is an almighty force!  It is called The Universe.  Go ahead...try to control it...(huge mistake)!  

Bigger mistake NOT to try and control it, or a least the bit which impacts on your life. 

God is real in people's minds.

Things I need often will come my way without prayers. It just happens I need it, recognize I need it, and use it. No magic. Just "Law of Large Numbers". 

The mind is very much capable of finding miracles where there is none. People can believe any nonsense if they want, or indoctrinated to do so.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

I'm not christian but I believe in god

Since you brought up Christianity I assume by god you mean Yahweh.

4 hours ago, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

usually when I pray and thank god and ask for things he will provide which is why I believe in him but I started thinking what If there isn't a god but instead an almighty force that we can control but just don't know how to. What I am trying to say is everyone has the power of atom manipulation the only problem is that we don't know know how to control it. When we are desperate we go to god but what if our desperation is what allows us to activate atom manipulation which is why what we want comes true. 

Just to clarify what are these things he does?

We can manipulation atoms by technology and exploiting natural phenomena.

6 minutes ago, seanjo said:

You don't have to be a Christian to believe in a God. I tend to think there is no God, but I don't know, or in posh speak I'm agnostic. But I keep wondering where all the stuff in the Universe came from, how it was originally created and in that wondering is a place for a God.

Yeah for me i believe in all sorts of things, not just one god but heaps more including olympus and all that. I believe in the big bang and the multiverse but i wonder if the big bang created the almighty force aswell which created us.

6 hours ago, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Bigger mistake NOT to try and control it, or a least the bit which impacts on your life. 

One cannot control the Universe.  One can only make decisions that effects one's life and the lives of others.  

Controlling one's own self is not controlling the Universe...it is more in line with Flowing with the Universe.  That Flow is it's own...it is not ours to control.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, seanjo said:

But I keep wondering where all the stuff in the Universe came from, how it was originally created and in that wondering is a place for a God.

^ This.   I do believe in the God of the Bible, yet I'm not dogmatic about the total accuracy of the books themselves.  To state unequivocally that there can be no Creator appears arrogant to me.  At best one can only say they have seen no proof they are willing to accept of the Creator.  Dress it up with all the science they like, it just gets down to a desire to be their own god, make their own way and refuse to listen to anything that might be higher than they.  I'm not sure why they even bother to obfuscate.  They should just own it.  Those who are willing to do so, I truly respect.  

8 hours ago, joc said:

One cannot control the Universe.  One can only make decisions that effects one's life and the lives of others.  

Controlling one's own self is not controlling the Universe...it is more in line with Flowing with the Universe.  That Flow is it's own...it is not ours to control.

Humans do more than control their own lives, though.

They control elements of the universe. At the moment, only small local elements of the universe, mostly confined to earth,  but given time and technology /knowledge, control of the "whole" universe is theoretically possible  Use  fire to burn something  like a tree, or kill an animal, and you are reshaping, controlling, and affecting your universe irreversibly. And, being human, you are doing it with deliberate conscious intent, so there is an exercise of conscious control, unlike with other animals or natural forces.  Split an atom and you definitely are exerting conscious control over the universe.  Remove a mountain for iron ore or an asteroid for the same product and you are exerting control over the universe,  through will and action.

The best example i can give, in line with your example of flow is that, in general water always flows down hill, naturally. Humans however control this flow,and utilise it This includes making waiter flow up hill

When you say, : it is not ours to control," are you meaning we don't have the abilty to control it, or the right to control it? 

They are two very different arguments.

16 hours ago, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

That is ceremonial magick. Manipulating outcomes with ritual and mental focus.  If you add gods, then you have witchcraft. I been doing it for years as a hobby.  It is mostly psychological. If say, you are looking for a job, you do a spell to help your search.   You might light a candle, take a piece of rice pager write down what you want in a job. Focus on it intently while writing it.  Then burn it *safely with the candle flame and say "As above, so below. So mote it be"  (or whatever you want to finalize the spell. )  It makes a cool hobby as there are thousands of traditions of folk magick.  You get together with others who like doing it, it can be fun and you can share a deep level of friendship.   You just don't take overly serious,  as with anything else, you get into trouble, not everybody is nice. You can do a spell to get a job, but if you don't look for one, most likely you're not going to get one. Like they say, the gods help those who help themselves.  Keep a book of shadows and mark down the spell  and it's out come.  See how often it works.   Just for kicks.    

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

That is ceremonial magick. Manipulating outcomes with ritual and mental focus.  If you add gods, then you have witchcraft. I been doing it for years as a hobby.  It is mostly psychological. If say, you are looking for a job, you do a spell to help your search.   You might light a candle, take a piece of rice pager write down what you want in a job. Focus on it intently while writing it.  Then burn it *safely with the candle flame and say "As above, so below. So mote it be"  (or whatever you want to finalize the spell. )  It makes a cool hobby as there are thousands of traditions of folk magick.  You get together with others who like doing it, it can be fun and you can share a deep level of friendship.   You just don't take overly serious,  as with anything else, you get into trouble, not everybody is nice. You can do a spell to get a job, but if you don't look for one, most likely you're not going to get one. Like they say, the gods help those who help themselves.  Keep a book of shadows and mark down the spell  and it's out come.  See how often it works.   Just for kicks.    

This. Is why I like you. You get it. :tu:

• Like 4

Rituals. Christianity was created on a foundation of rituals. Constantinople, the first Christian City was built from the ground up around rituals. It makes little sense to free oneself from the snares of Christian ritual, only to submit to being hag-ridden by a whole new set--even in jest. Makes it look like you're missing something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Rituals. Christianity was created on a foundation of rituals. Constantinople, the first Christian City was built from the ground up around rituals. It makes little sense to free oneself from the snares of Christian ritual, only to submit to being hag-ridden by a whole new set--even in jest. Makes it look like you're missing something.

Sovereignty is the closest thing I could come up with.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, and then said:

desire to be their own god,

Wrong.Just so wrong. And when it comes to arrogance as you suggest I can only speak for myself that it is never my intention. I respect all people as human beings first and try not to judge based on ones beliefs. Its a wide gap between believer and non believer and in debate feelings get hurt unfortunately. 

With all due respect can you please explain human suffering to me and also explain how this is part of gods plan.

https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-global-poverty

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Humans do more than control their own lives, though.

They control elements of the universe. At the moment, only small local elements of the universe, mostly confined to earth,  but given time and technology /knowledge, control of the "whole" universe is theoretically possible  Use  fire to burn something  like a tree, or kill an animal, and you are reshaping, controlling, and affecting your universe irreversibly. And, being human, you are doing it with deliberate conscious intent, so there is an exercise of conscious control, unlike with other animals or natural forces.  Split an atom and you definitely are exerting conscious control over the universe.  Remove a mountain for iron ore or an asteroid for the same product and you are exerting control over the universe,  through will and action.

The best example i can give, in line with your example of flow is that, in general water always flows down hill, naturally. Humans however control this flow,and utilise it This includes making waiter flow up hill

When you say, : it is not ours to control," are you meaning we don't have the abilty to control it, or the right to control it? 

They are two very different arguments.

yawn

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joc said:

yawn

Real intelligent response. :)    Can you make ANY intelligent argument refuting what i wrote? 

Humans are the only species which we know of for sure, which consciously, and deliberately, try  to control and reshape  the world around them   basically so  that they can make it safer, and more predictable, for themselves.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Humans are the only species which we know of for sure, which consciously, and deliberately, try  to control and reshape  the world around them   basically so  that they can make it safer, and more predictable, for themselves.  

Not true!  Male lions seek out and kill Cheetah cubs.  Basically, so that they can make it safer, and more predictable, for themselves.  It is a conscious and deliberate act on the part of the male lions.  

Edited by joc

4 hours ago, joc said:

Not true!  Male lions seek out and kill Cheetah cubs.  Basically, so that they can make it safer, and more predictable, for themselves.  It is a conscious and deliberate act on the part of the male lions.  

Male lions seek out and kill cubs of their own kind, let alone those of Cheetahs.

2 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Male lions seek out and kill cubs of their own kind, let alone those of Cheetahs.

True..they do. Why?   Basically, so that they can make it safer, and more predictable, for themselves.  It is a conscious and deliberate act on the part of the male lions.  

....or possibly they were just hungry for a snack...

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, joc said:

True..they do. Why?   Basically, so that they can make it safer, and more predictable, for themselves.  It is a conscious and deliberate act on the part of the male lions.  

....or possibly they were just hungry for a snack...

It has to do with reproduction.  They don't want someone elses blood.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked