Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DEA grants opiod maker rights to synth. THC

OverSword

Here is a tragic joke: Why is synthetic THC deemed safe but natural marijuana is considered dangerous? Punchline: Because the government said so.

It would be funny, if this new nightmare scenario weren’t true and if the “war on drugs” didn’t result in the death and imprisonment of innocent people. Or, the denial of medical rights to people in severe pain. Or the assurance that those dependent on deadly opioids stay that way.

link

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So this is it. The goverment does want absolute control over this substance. I guess they learnt from the mistakes made trying to control Asprin

• Like 5

Legalizing is terrible for Cannabis. 

Once the pharma and tobacco get involved, you'll see an addictive strain with myriad negative side effects in the blink of an eye.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Legalizing is terrible for Cannabis. 

Once the pharma and tobacco get involved, you'll see an addictive strain with myriad negative side effects in the blink of an eye.

Legal on a state level has been great for both users and vendors.  It's cheaper, it makes the state $20 million in tax revenue monthly, it's removed organized crime from involvement, there is a greater public knowledge about what is good and bad about it.  Overall it's been hugely positive.  However I also feel that if the federal government/FDA were in charge of it you would soon see additives and preservatives required and  skyrocketing prices.  The feds need to decriminalize it and leave it up to the states.

• Like 9

If it was legal people could grow their own

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 7

I hope and pray that Sessions gets an early retirement! Drug laws often are so backwards, and backwards "thinking" is entrenched in the system in a way that has absolutely no regard for reality, let alone respect for freedom. It's akin to using leeches in operations in that officialdom's rules are maddeningly antiquated. The industrial prison complex can put people in cages for smoking plants by themselves in their basements!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

If it was legal people could grow their own

In theory, but nobody does.  It's like alcohol, you can make your own but why would you when you can go to the store?  There is a couple of nice little pot shops right up the street from my home.  The staff is very knowledgeable, the prices are reasonable, and the lines are not too long.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

But back on subject, could this pharmaceutical company have been granted the exclusive rights in order to ensure that nobody else is allowed to develop a THC based alternative to opiods, thus ensuring the revenue stream from their highly addictive and deadly pain killers runs uninteruppted?

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, OverSword said:

But back on subject, could this pharmaceutical company have been granted the exclusive rights in order to ensure that nobody else is allowed to develop a THC based alternative to opiods, thus ensuring the revenue stream from their highly addictive and deadly pain killers runs uninteruppted?

and Sessions gets his little kickapoo.....

• Like 4

They may be able to replicate THC but it won't have the medicinal effects. According to the Scientists working with "Mary Jane", there are many compounds within Cannabis that all required togather to produce the medicinal benefits like anti-inflammatorys. They have yet to find a synthetic way around that

• Like 5

i has nothing to do with controlling the plant, but to have total control over population and its property. excuse i smell weed can be used to arrest anyone, confiscate everything.

• Like 2

" It has served US well, this myth of Spliff Marijuana ... "

~

7 hours ago, Kismit said:

I would actually argue it is the Governments way of making sure they make money from it. 

Wouldn't they make much more be legalizing and taxing it?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kismit said:

I would actually argue it is the Governments way of making sure they make money from it. 

Absolutely. I believe that is why the legalization date in Canada kept getting pushed further and further down the road. They say it's because Provinces needed more time to develop their own regulations but I think that's only part of it. Shortly after it was revealed that the Federal government was going to control the dispensaries and the tax legislation was in place, a solid legalization date was coincidentally announced. It was never about "saving the children" (that line is so played out,) it was always about ensuring maximum profits by taking business away from the private, start up dispensaries.

By the way, the Canadian Gov will be taxing at least $1 per gram of weed. Decent weed is ~$10/gram so we're talking a 10% tax on pot. I bet the cabinet ministers are planning to retire well on that cash cow. I mean, pot will have 10% tax in a multi-billion dollar industry PLUS the Carbon Tax that was just introduced ($1000/family annually,) and I'd say the Liberal Canadian Gov has enough new tax money to pave every damn side street and alleyway in the country. Ya know...if they were so inclined.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Absolutely. I believe that is why the legalization date in Canada kept getting pushed further and further down the road. They say it's because Provinces needed more time to develop their own regulations but I think that's only part of it. Shortly after it was revealed that the Federal government was going to control the dispensaries and the tax legislation was in place, a solid legalization date was coincidentally announced. It was never about "saving the children" (that line is so played out,) it was always about ensuring maximum profits by taking business away from the private, start up dispensaries.

By the way, the Canadian Gov will be taxing at least $1 per gram of weed. Decent weed is ~$10/gram so we're talking a 10% tax on pot. I bet the cabinet ministers are planning to retire well on that cash cow. I mean, pot will have 10% tax in a multi-billion dollar industry PLUS the Carbon Tax that was just introduced ($1000/family annually,) and I'd say the Liberal Canadian Gov has enough new tax money to pave every damn side street and alleyway in the country. Ya know...if they were so inclined.

This is why the Australian government is making moves to create legislation for export of medicinal canibanoids. The conditions are excellent for growing it there, (infact at one point it was considered a native species). 

There is money to be made and carbon credits to rake up. The market is barely tapped, The American government really needs to fix those drug laws and jump on the bandwagon.

An example of one possible high income profiting market.....Manuka honey is cheap at $30NZ/100grams and is a major expor here. I wonder what the healing properties and cost of Sativa honey would be.

• Like 2

These are they type of scumbags Tiny Hands appoints into his admin (Sessions). smh 

Edited by Area201

Leave it to big pharma and the feds to **** up one of the most healing herbs around...

Some people can ruin even a smile and a hug.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Leave it to big pharma and the feds to **** up one of the most healing herbs around...

Some people can ruin even a smile and a hug.

There is no way Big Pharma is going to stand by while the market is flooded with a powerful medicine people can grow at home. Not sure if you've read the anecdotal evidence (let alone medical evidence,) but there are thousands of stories of people who were able to replace handfuls of pills with CBD oil or even just smoked Marijuana. Keeping in mind that Big Pharma is just another drug kingpin, they may view this plant as threatening to their current business model. Now that they have successfully created THC in a lab, they can patent it and slowly roll back legalization until what? Until they are once again the only distributor of drugs medicine. Remember also that weed can be an alternative to Big Pharma's synthetic heroin (Oxys). They are absolutely protecting that fat cash cow.

It's sad to see medicine divorce morality..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

cbd oil is legal in all states,  vape shop by me sells all kinds, in bottles, cartridges, edibles.. 

Unless something's changed since December 2016, the DEA doesn't think it should be legal

Link

On Wednesday, the DEA took yet another swipe at marijuana by amending its already bizarre classification of pot as a Schedule I drug. Now, all extracts, including cannabidiol (CBD), will be listed right up there with heroin as a “drug with no medical use.”

We are here living in 2018 while our representatives are living in 1955. Just how intimate are Big Pharma and the DEA? Does the DEA leave a toothbrush at Big Pharma's place or are they looking for an apartment together yet?

• Like 1

well the guy said it's legal, and he never had any issue selling them.  i do not think he'd be selling it if he had any chance of getting in troubles.  

I don't care much for CBD, its a muddled pot of oil if you aren't careful about the where or when ...

~

Is CBD Oil Legal? The Answer May Surprise You - AmericanHempOil™

Is CBD Oil Legal? The Answer is YES, It Is 100% Legal. But be careful – because it gets a little bit more complicated if you don't buy products from American Hemp Oil. It's important to note that CBD oil can be produced from either cannabis or industrial hemp, but the law doesn't consider those equally. In fact, although both ...
~
Nov 16, 2017 - USA Citizens - CBD is accepted. Is CBD legal in Canada - different rules may apply. Cannabidiol is real - read this to get in on the healing powers worldwide!
~

Mar 22, 2017 - CBD oils are increasingly popular among medical patients, athletes, and consumers looking for muscle relaxation, general therapy, and anxiety reduction. But their legal status remains utterly confusing—especially since the US Drug Enforcement Administration published a rule regarding CBD last ...

~

Hemp and Cannabis is like Chocolate Flavored whatever and Hot Cocoa ...

~