Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How is one able to see Spirits?

INeedAnswersPLZ

I would like to know why and how people are able to see spirits. I wouldn't want to see them myself but I'm just curious.

• Like 2

You can go to awareness and development classes at so-called 'Spiritualist Churches', but how far you progress (with psychic abilities and mediumistic potential) I believe is innate.

4 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I believe it is something you either have or you don't.  

So you think you are just randomly born with it or its genetic

• Like 1

Wrote on wrong thread, sorry.

I think it is genetic.  

Edited by glorybebe
  • Like 2

I think there's a large genetic component. It seems to run in my family.

My grandmother, my mom, me, my sister and her sons, all have various 'talents'.

Edited by acute
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, acute said:

My paternal grandma was a reader.  She could tell things about people by talking to them.  My mom had prophetic feelings and would see ghosts.  I follow my mom.  But, not always seeing, sometimes I get feelings about places and people.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

My paternal grandma was a reader.  She could tell things about people by talking to them.  My mom had prophetic feelings and would see ghosts.  I follow my mom.  But, not always seeing, sometimes I get feelings about places and people.

My grandma and mom could see spirits, I am psychic, my sister is a medium, both her sons see dead relatives (and don't want to! :lol:), but her eldest son has a mind-blowing Psi-Ball thing going on.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen at random, but in my experience it's mostly hereditary.  Whether it's a connection most of us have lost, or an enhancement we are evolving, I'm not really sure.

Edited by acute
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, acute said:

Among my tribe "Powers" run in families.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

I would like to know why and how people are able to see spirits. I wouldn't want to see them myself but I'm just curious.

I do not think they can verbally describe the process. It would be like asking how you see physical objects; 'you just do'.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

Meditation about a name a spirit is fully sufficient. But patience is necessary. By a lower spirits ( natural spirits, demons...) it can take about 40 days dalily meditation. By high spirits it can take even years. Such practices done by, for example, bhaktiyogis (see Ramakrishna and his vision mother Kali), mystics,..and others......  It was the practice of ancient mysteries too.

Edited by Lumpino

On 1/11/2018 at 4:11 PM, Piney said:

Among my tribe "Powers" run in families.

May I ask what tribe that is Piney?

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 8:28 PM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

I think it mostly runs in families. Alot of it is just overly excited imaginations or psychological problems in most cases.

As for the rest of the cases it's a more developed sense or senses, some of which most people don't have or use.

The individual perceptions of the individuals who have an extra sense or ability varies. Their subconscious mind does the interpretations in a way that it gets the conscious intellect to understand the extra sense in some way. 

Unless you fully are in touch with how your subconscious mind communicates with you, you may interpret things with a mythical ghostly like cause instead of the actual reality of what you're perceiving by the communion of your own levels of awareness to the extra sensitivity. The main purpose is the communication of a message on whatever level your normal conscious intellect can perceive it. That's where a lot of spirit experiences come from to readers. 

There are many different types of residual energies surrounding us at all times,  just as when an animal can smell fear or other things that we normally aren't conscious about. People can have many different heightened or extra senses that they can develop once they learn to interpret them correctly. That's a fundamental truth that I have learned about the process of spirit like  interactions with people. 

• Like 1

It probably has something to do with traumatic life experiences. 

There are some other ways. Sometimes people involved in the occult or with ghost hunting will have experiences.

There has to be something that puts a person into an altered state. 

On 1/11/2018 at 1:28 AM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

They can't.....some just think they can because they want to really believe and some say they can because it pays the bills.

41 minutes ago, onlyI see said:

First you die, then you come back with answers you are not supposed to tell the living!

Do you speak from experience of this..Im very interested to understand you..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, onlyI see said:

First you die, then you come back with answers you are not supposed to tell the living!

Meh...they can't agree on anything either.

You know I understand Skeptics, dealt with him all my life, if you do your research you know what you're talking about, my father was a Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. So there's things that you don't know that goes on. My mother's side is Irish, yes we see the wee people, and we have other talents that you could never understand. Have you ever seen a person Dead 3 days before they die? I have, first time ever saw that I told my father, he told me I was full of crap, then she died three days later in her kitchen. Just because you don't see it and don't understand it does not mean it's not real. Have a good day.

• Like 4

Just brush off the skeptics because there people genuinely interested like myself..I too have had experiences an am very keen to hear you.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Personally it is through the matter to energy transference and temperature differences strange things are things that do not register on the scale of normal .To me when a human being sees something spiritual it typically means something has let down it's guard enough to stop actively preventing  it from being seen allowing the more observant or spirit aware  to see something that isn't ordinarily there. Plus to me some things just feel the need to be known and screw it up for all the ones who just want humans to go on about their lives letting them do what they want without the show offs ruining their days. 

• 3 months later...

I think we are all born with different degree of intuitive capability. Some people are on the extreme end able to see spirits at will and predict future, but some, are on the other end only able to feel something once in a long while. I think my ability is tethering somewhere in the middle. I had sensed, saw, heard and felt things before. But those abilities are not strong when I was younger. It gets stronger and stronger as I get older and being more open to the spirit world. 

For a long time. I am only on the receiving end of messages and paranormal experiences, meaning, if I happen to get the message, I can experience it. So I have decided only recently to see if I can be trained to reach out and get information. I joined a spiritualist church and they have mentoring sessions once in a while. I attended a couple of those sessions and was pleasantly surprised that I was able to retrieve information through spirits. Though it may not be all the time, but at least I was able to. 

Last year I was traveling with my fiance and we were staying in a motel, I saw two orange rectangles above the door. They were stationary at the beginning, but when I was thinking that they were not really doing anything, they suddenly moved sideways, forward and backward. I woke up my fiance and asked him to turn to where I was pointing, he was unable to see what I saw. 

Just want to touch base. I know what you mean, you smell perfume or aftershave when you enter a room of someone else's house, you know what to touch and not. You see people who are not there seconds after you have seen them. But you can not prove it to others who do not know what you are experiencing what you have seen. As you get older, apparently you take more time to really see around you. Trust me I know. Me  

• Like 1