Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreams of prison

VerdeICe

I do not know why I was in prison. I dont know if I was even a convict. But I heard a rumor that there was an angel here. So I began to search the cells for it, I found one cell with two things in it. They resembled angels, but I do not know if they had any kind of consciousness. They were not the one I was looking for but I still went in to see them. There was one that was made of light and I remember thinking that this one could be described as a mother. As warmth and safety. The other one was made of darkness. This one was death. The dark one was not evil. But it was scary. 

I fell asleep in this cell. When I woke up it was dark and I was terrified. So I reached out for where the one made of light would be and it lit up the room. Both were unmoved, both still seemed like they were not alive. I left this place and continued to search for the third one. He was described to me as a human with rainbow wings. I never found him, I woke up. There was an intense pain in the center of my chest when I woke. This kind of pain happened before, but it is rare. I dont know what it means. I am not religious. 

Edited by VerdeICe

Actual, real life physical pain? If so you should schedule an appointment with your doctor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VerdeICe said:

I do not know why I was in prison. I dont know if I was even a convict. But I heard a rumor that there was an angel here. So I began to search the cells for it, I found one cell with two things in it. They resembled angels, but I do not know if they had any kind of consciousness. They were not the one I was looking for but I still went in to see them. There was one that was made of light and I remember thinking that this one could be described as a mother. As warmth and safety. The other one was made of darkness. This one was death. The dark one was not evil. But it was scary. 

I fell asleep in this cell. When I woke up it was dark and I was terrified. So I reached out for where the one made of light would be and it lit up the room. Both were unmoved, both still seemed like they were not alive. I left this place and continued to search for the third one. He was described to me as a human with rainbow wings. I never found him, I woke up. There was an intense pain in the center of my chest when I woke. This kind of pain happened before, but it is rare. I dont know what it means. I am not religious. 

Wow that's a heavy dream.

I really don't know much about interpreting dreams, but a couple people here are really good at it. I'm sure they will have something to say.

Couple things though. This is just the impression I got. You start out in a prison. Maybe this means you feel trapped by something in your life. You are looking for a certain angel you heard might exist. This angel might represent a way out of the prison, or what ever you feel trapped by. I think the rainbow wings underline this. Wings representing freedom.

You never did find the angel, but you did find comfort. Or a way to be at peace with whatever you are trapped by. But there is also death right next to that comfort. Maybe that's your fear that even though you found some comfort, you are still afraid of being stuck there for the rest of your life, or until your death. Maybe its your subconscious telling you to not get to comfortable or you will be stuck till you die.

The subconscious always seems to speak in riddles. I know for me that can be frustrating at times.

As for waking up with pain, I got nothing. Better get that checked out.

I think something is trying to communicate with you, and wants you to figure it out. Its probably your subconscious though. Either way good luck.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

I noticed a couple of things in your post. First, you entitled your post ‘Dreams of prison’. I counted the number of words you used in reference to “prisons” and “cells”:  53 words.

Then I counted the number of words used in reference to the “angels”: 134 words.

So, by all rights, your post’s title should’ve read: ‘Dreams of angels’. Hmmm...

Then I noticed you bookended your story with two pronouncements: ‘I am athiest’ is your subtitle, and then ‘I am not religious’ is your last sentence. So, three times (if you count the title) you deflected our attention away from the religious symbolism in your dream. Another Hmmm...

But what of the religious symbolism? I separated the experience of your search into three parts: your first encounter with the two things that ‘resembled’ angels, the second encounter when you awoke in the cell, and the third encounter that ended up not actually being an encounter.

In the first encounter you find warmth & comfort, and death & darkness. You felt comfortable enough to fall asleep in their presence, but awoke into the second encounter filled with dread. Both of these entities now appeared as “unmoved...like they were not alive...” Your comfort had been an illusion.

So, once again, you begin searching for the ‘better’ angel who was more like a human and had colorful wings, but your search was unfruitful and you awoke into real-life pain. 

I’m not a dream interpreter, but I find your story interesting because you didn’t mention anything outside of your dream except for the pain. There was no mention of recent life events, spouse, parents, or friends. Instead, you twice mentioned your status as a non-religious person and described to us an encounter with entities who weren’t what they seemed, followed by a search that was ultimately unfruitful. 

So, now it’s your turn to enterpret your own dream based on the things you left out of the story. Where do your thoughts take you when you’re daydreaming, and what events, people and anxieties are most on your mind?

I am not sure what it means I just think it means something. Mostly because of that pain, Its not something a doctor can figure out. It feels real, but I doubt it actually is. This is because I only feel it after dreams that I think are supposed to mean something. They are always surrounded by a theme of three. My life is ultimately uninteresting, anything wonderful has been proven to be average, including myself. 

I have accepted these things but I still think the average life has meaning. This is not the first time I dreamed of three angels, this is just the first time that I found none of them. I reference my none belief because I feel it is important. I do not want a bunch of people to come and tell me to go to church, even if religion or gods are a common theme in my dreams. 

Edited by VerdeICe

I’m not a psychic, so I read some of your other posts to try to form a mental picture of you (it’s kind of a hobby). As of right now, I see you as an Asian-American teenaged girl who wears dark clothes and has colorful highlights in her hair.

Feel free to completely ignore this post. 

• Like 1

VerdelCe

Mostly because of that pain, Its not something a doctor can figure out. It feels real, but I doubt it actually is. This is because I only feel it after dreams that I think are supposed to mean something.

It's not a usual thing that significant dreams are accompanied by pain.

You seem to be saying that a doctor couldn't figure out the pain because of the timing of your dreams, as if the dream is causing the pain rather than vice versa, which wouldn't be hard to figure out at all.

It really is a capital idea to get an intense, recurring chest pain checked out.