Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Partworks (Orbis) The Unexplained

Jaygon

Has anybody come across this Partworks series from the 1980's? It was originally published by Orbis in single magazine format between 1980 and 1983 and ran for 157 issues.

There seem to have been a number of reprints throughout the 1980s and 1990s both by Orbis and by other publishing companies. The reprints varied in format from multiple-volumed editions to heavily- edited single compilation encyclopedias.

I'm wondering if there is anybody who knows a bit about this series and has compiled a list of the various reprints, updates and formats of this material? I'd be keen to track some of it down (in addition to the original 157 magazines)

I know that the original magazines are still available to buy online but I'm wondering if there is are digital copies of the series for sale somewhere. I'm sure that there must be an avid collector somewhere that has scanned the material and created a digital archive.

Edited by Jaygon
Typo corrected

• 2 months later...

Hi Jaygon...

I've just come across your post as I am looking to sell my complete collection of The Unexplained. I have all 157 parts all in their binders, and I was keeping them for my son, but he has decided that he no longer wants them.

I can't just give them away... they cost me a fortune back when I was collecting them, but I would love them to go to a good home if possible.

I realise you live in Dublin, and I live in Essex, but as it happens my son now lives in Dublin and I'm sure something could be organised re. a delivery as postage would be horrendous.

Look hearing to hearing from you maybe.

Regards,

Billericay.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...