Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The disappearing dairy bar

Wanting answers

When i was younger, my brother and i was taking a hike through the woods beside our house when we found a cord on the ground in the fall but the cord was on top of all the leaves and not covered at all. We followed the cord to and building on the hill that we've never seen before. On the front of the building, was a sign that said "dairy (blank?)". We couldn't tell what the other word was because it was rusted too bad. I went in side of the building while my brother waited outside because he was too afraid to go in. We then followed the cord back and went home to tell our brother and parents. Of course they didn't believe us, so we got our brother to go back up on the hill with us to show him that same day. As we were following the cord, it just ended. So we just kept walking to try to find it but we never could find it again but my brother and i both still remember seeing it. Any ideas on what happened? 

57 minutes ago, Wanting answers said:

When i was younger, my brother and i was taking a hike through the woods beside our house when we found a cord on the ground in the fall but the cord was on top of all the leaves and not covered at all. We followed the cord to and building on the hill that we've never seen before. On the front of the building, was a sign that said "dairy (blank?)". We couldn't tell what the other word was because it was rusted too bad. I went in side of the building while my brother waited outside because he was too afraid to go in. We then followed the cord back and went home to tell our brother and parents. Of course they didn't believe us, so we got our brother to go back up on the hill with us to show him that same day. As we were following the cord, it just ended. So we just kept walking to try to find it but we never could find it again but my brother and i both still remember seeing it. Any ideas on what happened? 

When you say the cord  just ended on the second trip, do you mean something like in went part way up the hill and was then connected to nothing? Now is it reasonable that the area is so large you just got lost the second time?

Paranormal possibilities: I've heard numerous stories of people seeing things that were 'out of time sequence' (i.e. from the  past but no longer there in the present). Some kind of time-matrix glitch that is beyond me to explain.

No, the cord that I followed the first time was on the hill close to our pool and I followed the same one the second time up too. My brother thinks it was a dimensional rift but I want sure so I posted it on here

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

When you say the cord  just ended on the second trip, do you mean something like in went part way up the hill and was then connected to nothing? Now is it reasonable that the area is so large you just got lost the second time?

Paranormal possibilities: I've heard numerous stories of people seeing things that were 'out of time sequence' (i.e. from the  past but no longer there in the present). Some kind of time-matrix glitch that is beyond me to explain.

No, the cord that I followed the first time was on the hill close to our pool and I followed the same one the second time up too. My brother thinks it was a dimensional rift but I want sure so I posted it on here.

Just now, Wanting answers said:

No, the cord that I followed the first time was on the hill close to our pool and I followed the same one the second time up too. My brother thinks it was a dimensional rift but I want sure so I posted it on here

No, the cord that I followed the first time was on the hill close to our pool and I followed the same one the second time up too. My brother thinks it was a dimensional rift but I want sure so I posted it on here.

Maybe you can research and ask around if there used to be a Dairy place there?

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Maybe you can research and ask around if there used to be a Dairy place there?

I tried to search it and I asked my family members and other people but it wouldn't make since for the dairy place to be on the side of  hill because there is no road or anything there

2 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

isnt that the old man is down the road video?

I'm not familiar with the video you are talking about but these are real experiences I've had

4 minutes ago, Wanting answers said:

I'm not familiar with the video you are talking about but these are real experiences I've had

2 minutes ago, Wanting answers said:

I tried to search it and I asked my family members and other people but it wouldn't make since for the dairy place to be on the side of  hill because there is no road or anything there

I see. This is getting weirder, like you are describing a ghost building. It obviously struck you as you are still talking about this after all these years, so it's possible. Does your brother still corroborate the story? 

Yes he does, 

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I see. This is getting weirder, like you are describing a ghost building. It obviously struck you as you are still talking about this after all these years, so it's possible. Does your brother still corroborate the story? 

Yes he does and he remembers it the same as I do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Thank you for trying to help me figure out what happened

• Like 1

Any reason you can't supply a map reference? I'm sure it would help clear-up the mystery.

5 hours ago, Wanting answers said:

They were probably growing weed.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

They were probably growing weed.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Growing weed 24/7. And when you and your brother found it, they packed up and left in a hurry., leaving the cord.

BTW if the cord led to the building, where did the other end go?

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1

On 12/01/2018 at 8:48 AM, Wanting answers said:

There’s a theory (although theory is giving the idea perhpas too much credit) of people randomly and temporary ending up in near parallel universes. Nothing on the scale of “Hitler won WW2” but more “going into a store that you later discover closed 20 years ago”. Stories of people driving out of town, ending up in a street they don’t recognise despite living in the area for decades that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Sir WoH

There’s a theory (although theory is giving the idea perhpas too much credit) of people randomly and temporary ending up in near parallel universes. Nothing on the scale of “Hitler won WW2” but more “going into a store that you later discover closed 20 years ago”. Stories of people driving out of town, ending up in a street they don’t recognise despite living in the area for decades that sort of thing.

I don't have anything to say about the theory of parallel universes, but the phenomenon you mention is well attested. Carl Jung had such an experience on a visit to Ravenna, Italy.

http://roxanaghita.blogspot.com/2013/09/visiting-ravennas-mosaics.html

I know (in private communication) of a first-hand account from a couple whose sobriety I can vouch for, each of whom had separately encountered an old and no longer extant post office; while driving, when they were new in town. They discovered something was amiss when they needed some stamps, drove together to the post office and found nothing of the kind there.

Later, in a book of historical photographs, they saw a picture of the building, which they recognized as the post office each had seen. They read that it was indeed a post office, was situated where they remembered seeing it, and that it had been demolished years before, replaced by a new post office in another part of town.

In light of Jung's and this more private story, I would recommend that the OP research what may formerly have been near the location in the way of a "Dairy Something," and verify both that it really was demolished and that the former site is now otherwise in use or disuse. Otherwise, I fear that all you've told me is that you have a knack for finding abandoned cords (electrical cords?), saw some decrepit shack and later were unable to find your way back to it. At least you found another cord, so the second trip wasn't entirely wasted.

Edited by eight bits
ambiguity is a double-edged sword
  • Like 3

On 1/11/2018 at 5:48 PM, Wanting answers said:

On 1/11/2018 at 6:58 PM, Wanting answers said:

On 1/11/2018 at 7:00 PM, Wanting answers said:

And yes, the cord went part way up the hill and then just connected to nothing but the cord want as long.

On 1/11/2018 at 7:03 PM, Wanting answers said:

First off, welcome to UM :st Thanks for taking time to share your experience with us.

Now, more details please.

By cord on the ground- what kind of cord? I think everyone is assuming electrical, but you didn't say what kind of cord. And in a later post you  said "And yes, the cord went part way up the hill and then just connected to nothing but the cord want as long."... Was the cord not as long because it was unplugged, cut, untied, what?

Could you describe the building? Approximate size, what it was made of, what was inside since you said you went inside.. was it clear and freestanding, or overgrown or otherwise not easy to see if you hadn't followed the cord?

It's not the first time this sort of thing happened. Disappearing buildings is often confused with timeslips. There was the case of four people going on holiday and stayed in a nice old fashioned hotel. They returned to this location but instead the hotel was gone and in its place was a ruin. More here.

EDIT sorry I messed up the link

Edited by Dark Howl
correcting link