Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Affleck or Bale, who's Batman is better?

INeedAnswersPLZ

I would say Ben affleck's Batman is a much better than bale's, I'm not saying I disliked Bale's performance in his trilogy which probably was the best superhero trilogy out of all superhero movies (Captain America next to it) but I find Ben Affleck Batman much more comic accurate. In terms of movies, Bale wins but in terms of Comic Accuracy Affleck Wins, Who do you think portrayed batman the best?

• Like 2

I am agnostic. :)

There has been no modern batman character who resembles the original, late 30s,  golden age cartoon character, and this is pretty true for superman, too.

Times and culture has changed so much,  but significantly both characters underwent several metamorphoses  ( including several sheds of darkness and angst)   first in the  comic revival period of the sixties and then later again, when they became movie series.  (Not the serials of an earlier era, but a series of movies )

Christopher reeve played superman most like the original cartoon character, but if i had to chose the most authentic portrayal  of Batman in the "modern" era  id go for Michael Keaton. Despite the fears of fans that he would play the role like Adam west , he produced a brilliant performance and is, arguably, still the most critically acclaimed Batman. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

I prefer Christian Bale. He has that ‘brooding angst’ role down pat. Affleck seemed too wooden in his emotions to convince me he was angst-ridden, but that same wooden-ness was perfect for his role as an autistic hitman in The Accountant. I thought he really nailed it in that one.

• Like 1

Lego Batman is the best.  

• Like 4

DCAU Kevin Conroy wins, other than that...with Bale or Affleck, it's a toss up. Affleck's warehouse fight scene was better than any of Bale's fights.

Edited by WoIverine

17 hours ago, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

I would say Ben affleck's Batman is a much better than bale's, I'm not saying I disliked Bale's performance in his trilogy which probably was the best superhero trilogy out of all superhero movies (Captain America next to it) but I find Ben Affleck Batman much more comic accurate. In terms of movies, Bale wins but in terms of Comic Accuracy Affleck Wins, Who do you think portrayed batman the best?

So are you saying that Jesus came back as Batman? Just trying to keep the religious aspects current.

jmccr8 

• Like 1

Spiritually thinking, the concept of Bale or Affleck is too material to consider of their role as Batman. Never saw the Bale’s movies. Nor Clooney’s, (Though I understand he is very embarrassed about it. ) And Val Kilmier’s, well....... :no:  Though, Keaton would have to be my god of Batman, but never never never forget....... Adam West. :no:  

On 1/12/2018 at 8:49 AM, Grandpa Greenman said:

Lego Batman is the best.  

Best post on here, ever!!!!!!!! 

And I can contemplate on that spiritually. ;)  :D  

• Like 3

A good as place as any?

• Like 1

@davros of skaro

lol

That is like idea of the Jews starting to worship Molech. And Deuteronomy 13. Probably why some Jews have such a problem with Jesus, the Torah almost forbids it.

But, my choice would be Christian Bale.

Edited by Opus Magnus

On 1/13/2018 at 3:50 AM, INeedAnswersPLZ said:

Hahaha ok, any reason?

Yes, m pay main reason is that smile.  Behind it is something far more sinister.  Flashback to American Psycho

• 5 weeks later...

I would say Bale only because I personally think Affleck is a horrible actor. I’m sure others would arguably disagree and that’s okay.