Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Project Veritas undercover operation

bee

This isn't strictly a conspiracy because here is the evidence that it is really happening -

But this is probably the right forum to explore the censorship and political bias of Twitter and other Internet Biggies like
Facebook, Google etc.

Project Veritas goes undercover to bring information to the public - they can take months or longer to get the story -

I'm not even a member of Twitter but I can understand what a powerful platform it is and how it could be manipulated
for political purposes and general perception management -

This is the Project Veritas Report and undercover video  ---

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/01/11/undercover-video-twitter-engineers-to-ban-a-way-of-talking-through-shadow-banning-algorithms-to-censor-opposing-political-opinions/

This video release follows the first undercover Twitter exposé Project Veritas released on January 10th which showed Twitter Senior Network Security Engineer Clay Haynes saying that Twitter is “more than happy to help the Department of Justice with their little [President Donald Trump] investigation.” Twitter responded to the video with a statement shortly after that release, stating “the individual depicted in this video was speaking in a personal capacity and does not represent of speak for Twitter.” The video released by Project Veritas today features eight employees, and a Project Veritas spokesman said there are more videos featuring additional employees coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

This isn't strictly a conspiracy because here is the evidence that it is really happening -

It's not a conspiracy because it's not illegal.

49 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

It is deceptive though. 

Actually thinking about it, without informing the members of twitter that they silence conservatives, you could call this election rigging. This is a massive social media outlet. Their mission statement claims to give anyone a voice. 

ETA sorry this was just what was exposed on the first day about Trump. Yesterday a lot more came out about how they silence conservatives. From what I hear there is more to come.

Anyhow, if they are handing over Trumps messages without a warrant, that very much IS illegal.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

the title of my thread has been changed - originally it was Censorship and Bias of Twitter exposed -
By Project Veritas - 

3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

so you'd be ok if you got '''shadow banned'' would you...?

from the op link

“One strategy is to shadow ban so you have ultimate control. The idea of a shadow ban is that you ban someone but they don’t know they’ve been banned, because they keep posting and no one sees their content. So they just think that no one is engaging with their content, when in reality, no one is seeing it.”

the definition of conspiracy isn't exclusively to do with the law -

conspiracy
kənˈspɪrəsi/
noun

1. a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.
    "a conspiracy to destroy the government"
    synonyms: plot, scheme, stratagem, plan, machination, cabal; More

• the action of plotting or conspiring.
      "they were cleared of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice"
      synonyms: plotting, collusion, intrigue, connivance, machination, collaboration; 
      treason
      "he was due to stand trial for conspiracy to murder"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

It is deceptive though. 

very much so --- and I would even say sinister - 

Roger Stone is suing them so the legality of what they are doing will be tested --

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/357715-roger-stone-suing-twitter-over-suspension

Roger Stone said Sunday that he plans to sue Twitter for suspending his account, accusing the social media giant of trying to censor conservative voices.

29 minutes ago, bee said:

very much so --- and I would even say sinister - 

Roger Stone is suing them so the legality of what they are doing will be tested --

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/357715-roger-stone-suing-twitter-over-suspension

Roger Stone said Sunday that he plans to sue Twitter for suspending his account, accusing the social media giant of trying to censor conservative voices.

Ummm.... sueing them for WHAT, precisely ?

12 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Ummm.... sueing them for WHAT, precisely ?

well here it says this -

Still, Stone cares. He doesn’t want to be silenced. And he’s planning to sue. He told TheWrap that he has obtained “one of the best” telecommunications lawyers in the country and plans to take legal action against Twitter for infringing on his first amendment rights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

so you'd be ok if you got '''shadow banned'' would you...?

No, but it's their service not mine.

20 minutes ago, bee said:

well here it says this -

Still, Stone cares. He doesn’t want to be silenced. And he’s planning to sue. He told TheWrap that he has obtained “one of the best” telecommunications lawyers in the country and plans to take legal action against Twitter for infringing on his first amendment rights.

A lawyer who doesn't know what the first amendment is. The first amendment prevents Congress making laws prohibiting free speech.

Edited by Rlyeh

14 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

It is deceptive though. 

Actually thinking about it, without informing the members of twitter that they silence conservatives, you could call this election rigging. This is a massive social media outlet. Their mission statement claims to give anyone a voice. 

ETA sorry this was just what was exposed on the first day about Trump. Yesterday a lot more came out about how they silence conservatives. From what I hear there is more to come.

Anyhow, if they are handing over Trumps messages without a warrant, that very much IS illegal.

Actually, if you think about it, you can't call something election rigging when it's not part of an election.

And if -- on a day when the president calls other countries shitholes -- you think conservative voices are being silenced, you' ve departed the realm of good taste, if not out and out reality.

--Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1

Project "Veritas" is anything but. 

They are well-known to deal in disinfo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Actually, if you think about it, you can't call something election rigging when it's not part of an election.

And if -- on a day when the president calls other countries shitholes -- you think conservative voices are being silenced, you' ve departed the realm of good taste, if not out and out reality.

--Jaylemurph 

I think Trump said he didn't use that word but he did say some tough things - (something like that)

of course Obama accused the British PM, Cameron, of turning Libya into a shitshow -
even though he (Obama) was 'leading from behind' in the destruction of that country...  

in the crazy world of double standards applied to Trump -- Obama and Clinton (and Bush) actually
turned Libya and other countries they targeted INTO  shitholes - but Trump just SAYS something
and that is the trigger for mass hysteria stoked up expertly by the Mind Control Media... 

there is evidence on the Project Veritas videoed report that conservative voices and Trump supporters
are being ''''silenced''' on Twitter - but it won't stop there and I wonder who will be next - 

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Project "Veritas" is anything but. 

They are well-known to deal in disinfo.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yeah, you know it, too.

Look at you all gloating over it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

No, but it's their service not mine.

There is discussion about that - because platforms like Twitter and Facebook can wield such a lot of power
and influence - do they need to be regulated in some way to curb abuse - ?

• Like 1

1:53 --- ........"because although Twitter presents itself as politically neutral - it's culture behind closed doors
is one of blatant censorship, systematic bias and political targeting - while many suspected this was the case
today we present proof out of their own Twitter mouths ...."

Edited by bee

7 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

--Jaylemurph 

Why can’t you? Russia spend a few bucks on Facebook adds, and you’d have thought they came right in and took the paper ballots from 10 states. 

People run political campaigns through twitter. Others support candidates through twitter, foolishly believing they are being heard. 

Without full knowledge of the situation, this is an attempt at mind control.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

Yeah, you know it, too.

Look at you all gloating over it.

Yea it’s PV that’s dishonest?? lol 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bee said:

well here it says this -

Well, this seems very much like  "sound and fury signifying nothing". Stone is just trying to get publicity. As for his "telecommunications lawyers", well... perhaps he should hire some constitutional lawyers. Surely the Constitution - and hence the first amendment - restricts GOVERNMENT actions, and ONLY government actions. It is NOT applicable to the actions of private companies ? 

On that basis, Stone's statement is a bluff. And an easily detected one. The man seems to be a complete idiot. 

*** edit **** .. oh.. and possibly a liar as well. (or a fantasist). He first states that he has "retained"  (past tense) a legal team... and THEN he says that he will be signing a retainer agreement on Monday. In other words, he has NOT (yet) retained ANYBODY. 

Edited by RoofGardener

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Well, this seems very much like  "sound and fury signifying nothing". Stone is just trying to get publicity. As for his "telecommunications lawyers", well... perhaps he should hire some constitutional lawyers. Surely the Constitution - and hence the first amendment - restricts GOVERNMENT actions, and ONLY government actions. It is NOT applicable to the actions of private companies ? 

On that basis, Stone's statement is a bluff. And an easily detected one. 

well i suppose we'll see how he gets on -- 

I saw the other day that it is still ongoing -

Just now, bee said:

well i suppose we'll see how he gets on -- 

I saw the other day that it is still ongoing -

Fair point Bee.... we shall see :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Why can’t you? Russia spend a few bucks on Facebook adds, and you’d have thought they came right in and took the paper ballots from 10 states. 

People run political campaigns through twitter. Others support candidates through twitter, foolishly believing they are being heard. 

Without full knowledge of the situation, this is an attempt at mind control.

If you don't understand the difference between social media, advertising and electioneering, I can't help you. And if you lack the savvy to differentiate between those three, it's not mind control, it's lack of access to education, bone idleness, or natural (incurable) stupidity. Using the "excuse" of mind control is pretty lazy, too, since that involves active rejection of common sense.

--Jaylemurph 

18 hours ago, bee said:

I think Trump said he didn't use that word but he did say some tough things - (something like that)

of course Obama accused the British PM, Cameron, of turning Libya into a shitshow -
even though he (Obama) was 'leading from behind' in the destruction of that country...  

in the crazy world of double standards applied to Trump -- Obama and Clinton (and Bush) actually
turned Libya and other countries they targeted INTO  shitholes - but Trump just SAYS something
and that is the trigger for mass hysteria stoked up expertly by the Mind Control Media... 

there is evidence on the Project Veritas videoed report that conservative voices and Trump supporters
are being ''''silenced''' on Twitter - but it won't stop there and I wonder who will be next - 

You understand that the president is the chief and highest American ambassador, right? Ambassadors don't use that kind of language for anything, because it achieves nothing (other than re-emphasizing Trump's utter lack of experience and, frankly, his intellect.)

-Jaylemurph

5 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

You understand that the president is the chief and highest American ambassador, right? Ambassadors don't use that kind of language for anything, because it achieves nothing (other than re-emphasizing Trump's utter lack of experience and, frankly, his intellect.)

-Jaylemurph

I understand that the remark (whatever the remark actually was and in what context...) was made in a private meeting
not a public one - I don't expect that there were any children at the meeting so I'm not sure what grown men / women were 
so offended about --- you don't think it could have been leaked to heat up the Anti Trump fever do you..? :)

anyway it's backfired as usual because people are having a lot of fun with it -
especially enjoying the mock outrage of the likes of CNN etc - it's comedy gold really -
I admit that when Sky News piously reported on the latest Great Outrage of the POTUS I burst out laughing - 

I presume you were equally critical when Obama referred to the shitshow and Libya..?
THAT wasn't funny though because a rich and stable country was destroyed and millions of lives lost or ruined - 

I'm curious - do you approve of Twitter's bias against Trump and his supporters  and conservative 'voices'..? 

Maybe you think those ardent young employees are performing a public service..?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

If you don't understand the difference between social media, advertising and electioneering, I can't help you. And if you lack the savvy to differentiate between those three, it's not mind control, it's lack of access to education, bone idleness, or natural (incurable) stupidity. Using the "excuse" of mind control is pretty lazy, too, since that involves active rejection of common sense.

--Jaylemurph 

Here is what I do understand. Millions of people believed through no fault of their own that their voices were being heard, when they were not. Because of this spent a great deal of time and effort promoting conservatives, without looking for another outlet to get their messages out. So far this is only a law suit, and its a slam dunk lawsuit.

I personally think a serious argument could be made that these platforms very much do effect elections, and because of their deception you could easily make a case that this in fact rigs elections. If they had been honest with their intentions, then no harm no foul. Heck if they had just outright banned the people they didn't want on there, no harm no foul. Problem is they led people to believe they were on equal ground with everyone else.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bee said:

I presume you were equally critical when Obama referred to the shitshow and Libya..?
THAT wasn't funny though because a rich and stable country was destroyed and millions of lives lost or ruined - 

I'm curious - do you approve of Twitter's bias against Trump and his supporters  and conservative 'voices'..? 

Maybe you think those ardent young employees are performing a public service..?

I think it's very bad for the media to silence those they simply disapprove of. If I'm not mistaken this is one of the hallmarks of fascism. There has even been a lawsuit filed against YouTube due to this type of thing: https://www.wsj.com/articles/prageru-sues-youtube-in-free-speech-case-1508811856

I'd also really like to point out to some of these 'media champions of righteousness' that any nation regardless of geographic location, race, ethnicity can (given the right circumstances) degenerate into becoming a horror show. I actually opened a thread on this very subject (about how Venezuela went from wealth to it's current horrific state).

• Like 4