Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
bee

Project Veritas undercover operation

68 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

ChaosRose
On 1/19/2018 at 0:32 AM, bee said:

https://www.rt.com/usa/416095-twitter-veritas-graphic-photos/

Singh emphasized a terrible truth about all of the vast amounts of personal data that Twitter hoovers up on a daily basis: it never goes away. “Like, they are always on there,” Singh claims.

And this fits in with Twitter’s particular business model, which collects user information and sells it to businesses, advertisers, and other interested parties, it appears.

“Even after you send [the information], people are analyzing them, to see what you’re interested in, to see what you’re talking about, and they sell that data.” When asked to clarify what sort of information Twitter makes available, Singh said, “everything.”

Even direct messages are free game. As O’Keefe explained, “this is not your run-of-the-mill big data. This is personal and specific, and that has a high premium for advertisers.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I said before I'm not a member of Twitter but in terms of them selling advertising data that's no great loss to them..
I can't think of a time when I EVER bought something because it was advertised on the internet -

underlined...... '''other interested parties'''....... :passifier:........ the political surveillance and storage must be bulging at the seams -
although of course there aren't any seams... probably just a spaghetti of nanotubes or something -- at a secret location :ph34r:

dunno 

 

Yeah, let's all believe RT and Project "Veritas."

It's not like anyone knows they're completely full of ****.

Oh wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
preacherman76
5 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Yeah, let's all believe RT and Project "Veritas."

It's not like anyone knows they're completely full of ****.

Oh wait...

I really don't understand your hate for PV? They go undercover, they expose corruption. They play all the video of the encounter. They are not full of ****. Not even close. Have you actually watched anything they have done, or did you only listen to the people who they exposed, and the media that supports their political agenda?

 

I mean are you saying people at Twitter didn't make these statements? That are on video, over and over and over again? What exactly is the problem?

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 0:06 PM, ChaosRose said:

What Project Veritas does is criminal. They're funded by organizations like Breitbart, who have been funded by the Mercers. 

They go into a place under false pretenses, which is sometimes criminal to do, and then they take recordings which they shuffle around to deliberately make it appear that people are saying things they aren't.

We know this about Project Veritas. They've had to pay out settlements, but they don't care, because they make more money from people with big pockets, like the Mercers. 

The fact that anyone believes anything they ever put out still amazes me.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwixsNPf99fYAhUBm-AKHYOSAuoQFghsMAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FJames_O%27Keefe&usg=AOvVaw3viVd8TmIx3Goeqm8ZSdC_

No one who actually watched these video would make such a statement, unless they were pushing an agenda. Have you ever actually watched anything from PV? Because this statement is flat out wrong.

Do you even know what those settlements were about? It had nothing to do with providing misleading information. If was for entering into situations under false pretense. You know, undercover.

 

Edited by preacherman76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:54 AM, Lilly said:

This type of thing is already taking place: https://www.wsj.com/articles/prageru-sues-youtube-in-free-speech-case-1508811856

Also, check out the differences in what comes up when you use various search engines. Recently I did a comparison of Google and Bing...the results were very enlightening (to say the least). IMO there is indeed a push by various internet media sources to control what people can have access to...and this is a frightening trend.  

I thought deregulation was all the rage? I mean the administration keeps telling us the world is a better place if businesses get to run it right? 

Edited by Farmer77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
46 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I really don't understand your hate for PV? They go undercover, they expose corruption

Do they really though? After they getting caught in the Moore fiasco kinda outted them as unreliable. 

Project Veritas seemingly caught feeding false Moore accusations to Washington Post

That was done at a politically calculated moment to provide the biggest bang for the GOP dollar, of course they were shot down by decent journalism but the damage to PV's credibility was already done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
28 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Do they really though? After they getting caught in the Moore fiasco kinda outted them as unreliable. 

Project Veritas seemingly caught feeding false Moore accusations to Washington Post

That was done at a politically calculated moment to provide the biggest bang for the GOP dollar, of course they were shot down by decent journalism but the damage to PV's credibility was already done. 

Its undercover work. The very idea is to go into a situation under false pretense. To get a real reaction. Its like police work. I don't know why you say of course they were shut down. The WP seems to have been the one and only example where they didn't take the bait.

Before PV, undercover journalism was celebrated in this country. The only reason it isn't for PV is because of who they expose.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Its undercover work. The very idea is to go into a situation under false pretense. To get a real reaction. Its like police work. I don't know why you say of course they were shut down. The WP seems to have been the one and only example where they didn't take the bait.

Before PV, undercover journalism was celebrated in this country. The only reason it isn't for PV is because of who they expose.

Sure I get the point, I just think the Moore episode showed they are political operatives, not journalists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
34 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure I get the point, I just think the Moore episode showed they are political operatives, not journalists. 

Why? The charge was that MSM would pay people to accuse Moore, falsely or not. Why wouldn't that be worth it for a journalist to investigate?

 

Like I said, they are hated not for what they do, but for who they do it to.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Why? The charge was that MSM would pay people to accuse Moore, falsely or not. Why wouldn't that be worth it for a journalist to investigate?

Who made that charge? Right wing political operatives. So  it really appears that PV was  simply attempting to assist the GOP in getting Moore elected. 

Honest question : How many conservative organizations has PV gone undercover in? I think that answer will help suss out whether they are actually journalists or whether they're just working on an agenda. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
On 1/13/2018 at 9:03 AM, bee said:

 

well i suppose we'll see how he gets on -- 

I saw the other day that it is still ongoing -

 

That's very interesting - I'd like to read more. Do you have any links for that Bee ? A brief google of "Roger Stone Twitter" only picks up on the original 27th October articles.... nothing more recent ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

I thought deregulation was all the rage? I mean the administration keeps telling us the world is a better place if businesses get to run it right? 

Businesses should be able to run themselves as long as they stay within the constraints of the law. Our laws still include the aspect of basic honesty, rights of freedom of speech, civil rights and so forth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
7 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Businesses should be able to run themselves as long as they stay within the constraints of the law. Our laws still include the aspect of basic honesty, rights of freedom of speech, civil rights and so forth. 

  

Corporations are under no obligation to secure our freedom of speech. Basic honesty? :lol: Look into what is happening at the EPA , no there is no "basic honesty" in a deregulated business environment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly

The point is, business isn't totally deregulated. Try being a business who completely refuses to hire any minority workers and see how far that goes. In the final analysis what happens is a sort of balancing act where business is free to function but still has some legal constraints and safe guards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

 

Like I said, they are hated not for what they do, but for who they do it to.


exactly - it's like some people approve of Twitter's political shenanigans :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

That's very interesting - I'd like to read more. Do you have any links for that Bee ? A brief google of "Roger Stone Twitter" only picks up on the original 27th October articles.... nothing more recent ?


Roger Stone is on Infowars a lot -- I think I heard him talking about it on there not very long ago -

On his web site there's a Legal Defence Fund bit at the top but spookily I can't get onto it -
I tried a couple of times - perhaps it's being tampered with.... dunno -

https://stonecoldtruth.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

  

Corporations are under no obligation to secure our freedom of speech. Basic honesty? :lol: Look into what is happening at the EPA , no there is no "basic honesty" in a deregulated business environment. 

I don’t know man. If a baker can be forced to bake a cake they don’t want to why can’t a web site be forced to show views they don’t support? Especially being the site claims to give voice for everyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Who made that charge? Right wing political operatives. So  it really appears that PV was  simply attempting to assist the GOP in getting Moore elected. 

Honest question : How many conservative organizations has PV gone undercover in? I think that answer will help suss out whether they are actually journalists or whether they're just working on an agenda. 

Thanks for proving my point. If they only went after people you’d want them to it would be fine. 

Not what they do, but who they do it to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
12 minutes ago, bee said:


exactly - it's like some people approve of Twitter's political shenanigans :rolleyes:

Of course. If it was silencing libs we’d see a whole different argument from them. 

Personally I think they should be able to silence who they want. The problem here is the deception. Allowing people to believe they are being treated equally while stabbing them in the back, well lets just say I think Stone is gonna get paid

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.