Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Tmnsrrt

Unexplained Footprints

7 posts in this topic

Tmnsrrt

So, it snowed in my hometown nearly a week ago, a couple of inches of snow. I live in a single family home with a backyard. (Before it snowed I left a soccer ball outside in my backyard after playing ball with my toddler.) Three days ago, I looked out my window and saw animal foot prints from my front yard leading to a fence in my backyard which leads to the neighbor's yard across from me. No big deal, they were in fact animal foot prints, you can see the animal paw print and everything. Two days ago, I look outside my window again and see two human sized footprints in the middle of the yard where I had left the soccer ball. There was no foot tracks or any other traces at all besides the animal footprints (animal footprints where about 3 ft away from the human sized footprints btw). The foot prints looked pretty average too, maybe a US size 7? I'm wondering if anyone else had experience something like this before. I'm still in disbelief, but I also saw something very odd almost a year ago already and I feel like this may be somewhat related.

When my toddler was an infant, I remember finding scratches inside his crib, outside his crib and on the wooden floor in front of his crib. No sharp items or plastic toys were kept near his crib. The scratch marks were a bit too wide to be made by my infant. There were multiple scratches on the same spots, maybe 2 inches in length? I found it pretty odd, but brushed it away because I didn't want to think too much of it. I've lived in my home for almost 11 years now and haven't experience anything out of the ordinary, until these two events occurred. 

Edited by Tmnsrrt

seeder
40 minutes ago, Tmnsrrt said:

So, it snowed in my hometown nearly a week ago, a couple of inches of snow. I live in a single family home with a backyard. (Before it snowed I left a soccer ball outside in my backyard after playing ball with my toddler.) Three days ago, I looked out my window and saw animal foot prints from my front yard leading to a fence in my backyard which leads to the neighbor's yard across from me. No big deal, they were in fact animal foot prints, you can see the animal paw print and everything. Two days ago, I look outside my window again and see two human sized footprints in the middle of the yard where I had left the soccer ball. There was no foot tracks or any other traces at all besides the animal footprints (animal footprints where about 3 ft away from the human sized footprints btw). The foot prints looked pretty average too, maybe a US size 7? I'm wondering if anyone else had experience something like this before. I'm still in disbelief, but I also saw something very odd almost a year ago already and I feel like this may be somewhat related.

When my toddler was an infant, I remember finding scratches inside his crib, outside his crib and on the wooden floor in front of his crib. No sharp items or plastic toys were kept near his crib. The scratch marks were a bit too wide to be made by my infant. There were multiple scratches on the same spots, maybe 2 inches in length? I found it pretty odd, but brushed it away because I didn't want to think too much of it. I've lived in my home for almost 11 years now and haven't experience anything out of the ordinary, until these two events occurred. 

and did you take photo or video?  without those...and with the greatest of respect.... its just a story

• Like 3

SecretSanta

Perhaps it was an animal print that melted somewhat and only resembles a human foot print. 

• Like 3

freetoroam
55 minutes ago, Tmnsrrt said:

I look outside my window again and see two human sized footprints in the middle of the yard where I had left the soccer ball. There was no foot tracks or any other traces at all besides the animal footprints (animal footprints where about 3 ft away from the human sized footprints btw). The foot prints looked pretty average too, maybe a US size 7?

From a window it would be difficult to say what size they are. They are on the snow and days after the snow had landed, possibly 'dips'  in the snow which could have looked like prints. 

Did you go upto the "prints" and take a photo of them...after seeing them from the window and thinking they looked strange? 

• Like 3

Tmnsrrt
3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

From a window it would be difficult to say what size they are. They are on the snow and days after the snow had landed, possibly 'dips'  in the snow which could have looked like prints. 

Did you go upto the "prints" and take a photo of them...after seeing them from the window and thinking they looked strange? 

The snow has already melted due to the heavy rain we got this morning & we don't have any trees in our backyard either if that helps. As for the foot prints, my husband and I went to check it out as soon as I pointed it out, he's a size US 10 in shoes and I'm a US 6 so, it was definitely something in between. I don't know wtf it was, but it was kinda weird. I didn't bother taking a picture, like I told my husband, usually no one ever believes such things and will assume it was somehow photoshopped if I did present a photo evidence. It's something you have to see for yourself in order to believe it, but if anyone has witnessed anything like this, it would really help me feel relieved. 

freetoroam
7 minutes ago, Tmnsrrt said:

The snow has already melted due to the heavy 

?

So there was no snow with prints in? 

8 minutes ago, Tmnsrrt said:

usually no one ever believes such things and will assume it was somehow photoshopped if I did present a photo evidence

We have enough experts on here to tell if a photo has been photoshopped.....sometimes the experts are not even needed. 

If the prints were not in the snow...maybe it will happen again, have your camera ready. 

• Like 1

Piney
3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

We have enough experts on here to tell if a photo has been photoshopped.....sometimes the experts are not even needed. 

If the prints were not in the snow...maybe it will happen again, have your camera ready. 

We also have several people here who can identify any print.

• Like 1